Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Author's Road

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Authors road commentary

Hey guys hows everyone doing?

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Ok well as you can imagine being sick has made me exhausted but good news! Chapter six of 'The Praetorian' will Octavius save his family? Or will he be to late? Will his family die at the hands of Octavian and the corrupted senate? Will Flavius come to Rome to support his friend and ally after all?

Find out in Chapter six!!!!!!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Oh bloody hell that whol speech and I forgot the most important part 'sigh' It will come tommorow. Me adding this has just made that whole thing above worthless.

Sighing again for dramatic affect.

Good night everyone/

Default Re: The Authors road

Hi everyone how are you?

Ok well today I got to writing chapter six of The Praetorian and about halfway through I came on to TWC and looked at a really cool looking story which was Lord Inquistors World of Galisha (If I spelt it wrong I will change it in a minute after I have written this ) and I sat there totaly engrossed in the whole story! It is just so cool! All of this stems from the human imagination which gets me thinking sometime in the far future (Once I have finished all my projects I am doing now) I was thinking of seeing what mmy imagination is actually capable of. Of course I have used my imagination to get a story out of a time period and such but how about making one completely so to say from my imagination?

To avoid a horrible wall of Text I am making a paragraph here. But seriously obviously I would fine tune it (as much as I can at least) so that it is story able but I wonder what would happen to just have my brain come up with a brand new world.

Well my loyal band of reader(s) (SHANKBOT ) tell me what you think!

Of course guys I am making know promises this is a idea off the top of my head and I might forget about although if you guys want it Ill write it!

Thanks to all the people that read my works! I just want to say here that more feedback from people would be nice To like know if its a terrible story or not

Thanks

Tigellinus
    Last edited by Tigellinus; October 07, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

Ok well If you havent read the above post and your reading this one please read it as its more important then this one, Cheers

Anyway Chapter Six of The Praetorian is up! Enjoy!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok well I have been thinking that I want to expand my repitore of works and so I have decided that (when the topic suits me ) I will do a entry for ToTW and if I like itand get good feedback I may start doing more of them!

And again this is just a idea that poped into my head, I just wanted to know all of your opinions!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Chapter Seven is OUT and UP

well I am at a lose of words today and so I have no news or updates to give you today apart from I wrote another short story (I know I am not the best at them but their something I like doing in between my larger products) I will also submit my ToTW submission today as Ybbon66 stated that I can and that I dont have to use the picture at all (Thanks Ybbon)

Now for much larger news that I found out today around five minutes ago. My friend Rex got citizenship!!!!! If you havent already go congratulate him as this is a acheivment!!!! Congratulations Rex!!!!! (In case you read this )

Well anyway Bye guys have a good day!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok well I have decided that my story Gladiator is not only going to be put on hold while I finish The Praetorian but sometime after that as well as I have a project that I am not willing to speak about as it may not happen at all and there is a large poassability it wont.

Have a good day

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hey everyone how are you? Well today I have decided I am going to give you some advice on emotions for your charcters and hopefuly get some advice on a matter I need in return?

Ok well you should all know that emotions in themselves are a very important aspect of descriptive writing. Before I say anymore I will say that HeirofAlexander has written a very good piece on descriptive writing in the Critics Quill. I would advise you read that as well.

Ok well we all know that a charcter NEEDS emotions otherwise he is simply....dead (unless your making a total badass killer who has no emotions and his ruthlessly brilliant!). Simply people read books to go into another world and 'live' another persons life when their own life is to hard or boring etc (At least thats what I do. I also read because I love it!).

A character needs emotions so he can seem alive and real. Like if your wife/son/brother/sister die your not just going to sit there and think ah bro this hapens every day this aint new. (Unless that was their intention which brings us to another aspect of descriptive writing)

I feel for the best emotions they come from the writer. So if I want my chacter feeling something I put myself in their shoes. I put myself through what they are going through in my head. And I think what emotion would I have. And their you go thats how I write emotions! Try it cause it works sometimes

Another aspect of my beloved descriptive writing is Intentions which I mentioned earlier. What are your chacters intentions? Is he/she going to kill someone? Rob someone? Help someone? What is he doing? Is he walking, talking, running or climbing or anything? Descrption writing is a art in itself (And one I have yet to perfect) but it is only one small part of writing.

Anyway back to intentions. You must know his intentions as he cant just walk into a bank holding a gun saying everyone on the floor to get a can of juice now can he? (well I mean your charcter could but what is his intentions? Why is he going to the bank with a gun in the first place?)

I have covered a very very small amount of both of these aspects of descriptive writing!

Now for my own question. I need help in just 'lengthining' my scenes I just need to know how to draw my charcters out more.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Default Citizenship

For those that read the title and are thinking. No your not really going to try are you? Well I might I might ask someone to patronize me to become a citizen. And if im not accepted then life is life. I think I will live

So yeah I might give it a shot if I think I have what it takes

Wish me luck!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Default Announcment

Ok well I am going to announce the name of my little secret that I am quite happy about. This my friends is in no way a short story and will very likely suppas the Crowning of the Lions in length and qualty. In my opinion at least.

The name of my secret is Ninth Century of Phoenix. Which is a tale of Severius Octalius and his honored Centurion Octavian Pettlius. These will (At the moment) be in three books each large and hopoefuly of superb qualty!

My friends I will confess this is heavily inspired by Tale of Rome. Anoither confession is that I think my starting is rather the same as Rex's (There are major major diffiences in the starting though) I just think I am basing my starting off Tale of Rome. This is a unitentinal thing that I will try to rectify before I release my story.

I have come to the decision that I will finish it before actually releasing it. Of course this may be neglected if I come under the trmendous urge to post some chapters (I have completed five already)

Well I am quite happy how it is going so far and I am liking it more and more!

Thanks

Tigellinus

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Forget what I said before about not puting this up. I couldnt resist. It was to big of a temptation!

I will update the prologue and have it out in a few minutes. I have already written four chapters and I am currently writing the fifth. I intend for this to be weekly updates say every wednsday my time. That means it will be tuesday for you Americans wont it? Or am I thinking wrong would it be the UK I'm thinking of?

Anyway I will update this every wednsday! And for those of you that will think, maybe not comment this. That I am 'copying' Rex's I swear I am not and I swear it will swerve completely away from the similaraties after chapter five!

So those of you that will huff and say that I am doing my 'version' of Rex's I ask that you read it to the end! I ask that you read it and feedback me truthfuly if you like or hate it!

Thanks

Tigellinus

I must say I am rather chuffed that My Ninth Century of Phoenix got seventy views over night

Thank you Rex for your comment and feedback!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok guys well I am sad to announce school starts on monday (You know the day after sunday?) and tommorow is sunday. I have one more day of free time and then it is back to school and RL which frankly is not as enjoyable as you would think

Well basically updates will stop altogether through the week and I will be pushed for time on weekends as well. I will TRY to get updates on everything!!! TRY I cannot promise anything to my loyal reader Shankbot well loyal readers actually MrScottish and Rex

EDIT. I am enjoying blogging though! I know it has been mostly TWC based but if I have something blog worthy in RL I will tell you lot

thanks

Tigellinus
    Last edited by Tigellinus; October 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

I have decided that I want to here feedback from as many people as I possible can! So if you have any request on what I should write about then feel free to ask! I also invite you guests that can contact me on here to contact me through email. You can do this by clicking on my portrait and going to my 'public' profile and clicking on contact info then clicking 'send message to tigellinus via email'

Thats a suggestion if you want to ask me anything or chat.

thanks

Tigellinus

Ok guys I need critiques. I need you guys to tell me what you think is wrong with what I write. People learn from their mistakes and I want to learn from mine so please tell me the mistakes I have/are making!

Guys I am posting this as I found a site. A literacy agent opened this and posts query letters and his answers to them. I find this hiliarious and I will give you a couple of them now. Then I will give you the link! Enjoy

I am sorry in advance if any of this offends you in anyway. I am posting this as I think it is funny and not everyone's humour is the same. So I apolagize in advance.

Just to make sure its clear the first paragraph is the query letter the second is the LA's answer!

This will end by this being the book that every house has in their living room on the coffee table, book shelf or half open on the couch. The book every pastor and synogogue will have on display across the world. I would be sadly dissapointed if this book didn’t sell 100 billion copies in the first 5 years.

Hmmm … 100 billion copies for a world population of 7 billion. So, each and every person in the world is going to buy 14 copies? Seems reasonable.

I know you will love my book. I didn’t include any pages here in my query because I’d love for you to call me so that I can read an excerpt to you over the phone.

There’s nothing I love more than authors reading long excerpts to me over the phone, especially since I’m illiterate and can’t read for myself. Please stand by your phone; I’ll be calling any minute, and I’d hate for you to miss my call.

I recently quit my job to become an author. As a result, I am happy to say that I now have a manuscript for your review.

Congratulations on an incredibly wise move! I always advise my new clients to immediately quit their day jobs and to go ahead and put down payments on Italian sports cars and villas in the South of France. Anything else is a negative, defeatist attitude that, quite frankly, makes me want to vomit.

Does anyone else find editing tedious? Or is it only me? Editing makes my brain numb and it seems to be my own protable writers block! Yay me! Whenever I edit I cant write! yay.

Anyone else having this momentiously joyful problem? (Thats a lot of Sarcasm I know)

Well anyway I have recently found a site by Randall Imagranson (Something like that I think) he is also known as the 'Snowflake guy' for his snowflake method which is truely amazing! I am at the moment subscribed to his blog (Its free) and subsribed to his monthly ezine (Also free) basically all the 'basic' stuff (and some that isnt) is free on the website. I Have also bought his book Writing Fiction for dummies which I am hoping will help improve my writing skills (I never write non fiction so it seems kinda good for me) I am hoping it will improve my skills in puncuation as well (Which I am truely lacking in)

But I will give you guys the link to his website and you can see for yourself if you like his work!

http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/index.php

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ah it ras Randall (everyone calls him Randay) Ingermanson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast