Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Creating a World - Unpacking the Game

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Unpacking the Game

Are you using my BAT files? Then the DOS window should remain open even after the unpacking is finished - that allows to see error messages. Crashing during unpacking is unusual, if the pack is faulty\corrupted then the process either does not start or stops with a message about the failure.

Please try my BAT files and then report back.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Are you using my BAT files? Then the DOS window should remain open even after the unpacking is finished - that allows to see error messages. Crashing during unpacking is unusual, if the pack is faulty\corrupted then the process either does not start or stops with a message about the failure.

Please try my BAT files and then report back.
    yours refuse to run sadly even as a non administrator they say unpack is not a valid extension for a windows batch program
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

Seems those (my) BAT files are either not in the unpacker directory or have been edited.
    Quote Originally Posted by instructions
    Extract the attachment into the tools\unpacker folder of your game.
    Never mind, simply open the original 'unpack_britannia.bat' file by right clicking it and choosing 'edit' and then add pause under the last line. This should look then like this:
    Code:
    unpacker.exe --source=..\..\mods\british_isles\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\ --verbosity=1 --base_pack_path=mods/british_isles/data/
    pause
    Save and run. Make a note of any message that appears should the unpacking not start\finish. Proceed the same with the 'unpack_teutonic.bat' file

For comparison this is the content of my 'unpack_brittania_unpack.bat file, the 'destination' part and 'pause' being the only difference from the original, it's the only spot where 'unpack' appears.
    Code:
    @echo off
    unpacker.exe --source=..\..\mods\british_isles\packs\*.pack --destination=C:\Unpack --verbosity=1 --base_pack_path=mods/british_isles/data/
    pause
    Note: if you have set the unpacker.exe file to admin rights then you will not get a message as the processing\DOS window still closes and the 'press any button' (pause entry) appears in a different DOS window titled 'cmd.exe' instead of 'unpacker.exe'.

Citizen

Seems those (my) BAT files are either not in the unpacker directory or have been edited.

Never mind, simply open the original 'unpack_britannia.bat' file by right clicking it and choosing 'edit' and then add pause under the last line. This should look then like this:
    Code:
    unpacker.exe --source=..\..\mods\british_isles\packs\*.pack --destination=..\..\ --verbosity=1 --base_pack_path=mods/british_isles/data/
    pause
    Save and run. Make a note of any message that appears should the unpacking not start\finish. Proceed the same with the 'unpack_teutonic.bat' file

For comparison this is the content of my 'unpack_brittania_unpack.bat file, the 'destination' part and 'pause' being the only difference from the original, it's the only spot where 'unpack' appears.
    Code:
    @echo off
    unpacker.exe --source=..\..\mods\british_isles\packs\*.pack --destination=C:\Unpack --verbosity=1 --base_pack_path=mods/british_isles/data/
    pause
    Note: if you have set the unpacker.exe file to admin rights then you will not get a message as the processing\DOS window still closes and the 'press any button' (pause entry) appears in a different DOS window titled 'cmd.exe' instead of 'unpacker.exe'.
    I will try that thank you gig

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Citizen

really odd this gig

the unnpack al worked fine

as did crusades and americas

brittania and teuonic refused to they ran but the data was not in C/unpack

so I thought perhaps the files were corrupted during the download so I did it again

now instead of having to enter yyy and start it I get

CA or sega are not responsible for the system damage bla bla bal (y/n)

this could damge your system are you sure(y/n)

and another question I forgot (y/n)

so the questions got split into 3 instead of having to do three times y and then go

and then it said press any key to continue and when I do that the screen just closes

apologies for a lack of pictures after I tried to start them again to take pictures but they refused to pop up at all

Blog Entries

The three questions have always been there - most users however simply type yyy at the first one because the entry will get carried forward.

I still think that there is something wrong with your pack files for the teutonic and brittania campaigns.

Citizen

The three questions have always been there - most users however simply type yyy at the first one because the entry will get carried forward.

I still think that there is something wrong with your pack files for the teutonic and brittania campaigns.

I will try verifying the files through steam then

Blog Entries

Remove the pack files first (move them somewhere as back up) to force a redownload instead of just a verification.

Both Britannia and Teutonic were not working for me. Did the "pause" thing to the .Bat and got a "file could not be opened" for a tower animations file.

ETA: reinstalling fixed. Thanks!
    Last edited by Undead Martyr; January 09, 2023 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for following the advice in the opening post, it's really the only way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123