Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your Small Council [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Your Small Council (Spoiler Alert)

Hand of the King: Lord Tywin Lannister
    Grand Maester: Grand Maester Marwyn
    Master of Whisperers: Lord Varys
    Master of Ships: Lord Stannis Baratheon
    Master of Law: Lord Renly Baratheon
    Master of Coin: Lord Petyr Baelish

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy
    Lord Commander of the City Watch: Ser Addam Marbrand

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf The Not-Quite-Grey View Post
    Trust... Theon... Greyjoy? They are not words that go together I'm afraid.
    As long as you aren't stupid enough to send him back to his father you should be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Túrin_Turambar View Post
    As long as you aren't stupid enough to send him back to his father you should be alright
    Master of Ships gives him too much free reign though, since he could just pull an Aurane Waters on you.

Lord Valerius's Avatar Campidoctor

The Incorruptible

The Hand of the King: Lord Stannis Baratheon
    Grand Maester: Maester Luwin
    Master of Whisperers: Lord Varys
    Master of Ships: Ser Davos Seaworth
    Master of Law: Lord Eddard Stark
    Master of Coin: Tywin Lannister (better in KL near my guards than at the Rock ^^)

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy
    Lord Commander of the City Watch: Lord Garlan Tyrell

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

The Hand of the King: Ross the Whore
    Grand Maester: Lord Qyburn
    Master of Coin: Lord Tywin Lannister of Castely Rock
    Master of Ships: Victarion Greyjoy of Pyke
    Master of Whisperers: Lord Qyburn
    Master of Laws: Lord Randyll Tarly of Horn Hill
    Commander of the City Watch: Ser Jorah Mormont of Bear Island
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Jamie Lannister of Castely Rock
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Handjobs for the King: Ross the Whore you mean.

The Hand of the King: Tywin Lannister
    Grand Maester: Luwin
    Master of Coin: Petyr Baelish
    Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth
    Master of Whisperers: Varys
    Master of Laws: Eddard Stark
    Commander of the City Watch: Brynden Tully
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Goldenhand the Just

Sorry im bringing this back but i never had the chance to share my views.
    Hand of the King: Eddard Stark
    Grand Maester: Luwin
    Master of Coin: Petyr Baelish
    Master of Whisperers: Varys
    Master of Laws: Tyrion Lannister
    Commander of the City Watch: Brynden Tully
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barriston Selmy

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

All of you who'd have Varys and Littlefinger on your small council would end up dead and/or betrayed. These two are far too ambitious. Their heads belong on a spike, not on the small council.

My small council:
    Hand of the King: Tywin Lannister
    Grand Maester: Maester Aemon
    Master of Coin: Willas Tyrell
    Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon
    Master of Whisperers: Davos Seaworth
    Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

You can say the same for Tywin Lannister
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Double Post

Hand of the King: Stannis Baratheon
    Grand Maester: Maester Aemon
    Master of Coin: Garth the Gross
    Master of Whisperers: Olenna Tyrell (Neé Redwyne)
    Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Arthur Dayne

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

My small but extended council plus reasons for their choosing)
    Queen - Daenery's Storm-born Targaryen (A powerful woman and is beautiful. Dragons. Although our marriage would be for child bearing purposes and just a formality because I am in fact gay.)
    Hand of the King - Eddard Stark (Good general, honest man who knows right from wrong. He is responsible for his own actions, gives excellent advice and would not have to worry about a coup-de-etat from him.)
    Grand Maester - Luwin (truely understands the boundries of his job, unlike the other Maesters. I would have chose Sam Tarly, however, I believe the Brotherhood of the Nights Watch needs him more then I do.)
    Master of Coin - Wendel Manderly (Younger and thinner than his dad and brother, he still is able to bring a considerable economic plan to the table, seeing as they have a decent amount of wealth in his family. I feel new trade deals with the free cities that benifit Westero's and not the Iron Bank. He also values honor highly, which is what I like in a person. I dont trust little finger because....well, I dont. No spoiler needed.)
    Master of Ships - Stannis Baratheon (Capable naval commander, loyal and just while being un-corruptable. I will require a larger trade and naval fleet for the crown however.)
    Master of Whispers - Qyburn (Ex-Maester turned Sell-sword. Rumored to have powers in black magic and necromancy...Im sure he can find out the good stuff. I dont trust Varys because he is a hold over from the the previous king and look what happened to him!)
    Lord Commander of the City Watch - Loras Tyrell (Excellent fighter and could call upon his family in Highgarden for assistance. He can fend for himself and Ill make sure he stays in his place *smirks*)
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - Barristan Selmy (Good, honorable man who is already the Lord Commander [serve for live..assuming I am king after Robert, not Jeoffry].)
    Lord Marshal (Lord of the Royal Armies) - Randyll Tarly (Considered the finest soldier in all of Westeros. During Roberts Rebellion, the only defeat he suffered was against Tarly. He is a realist and can be trusted thanks to my marriage to a Targaryen.)
    Warden of the North - Robb Stark (With Eddards promotion to Hand of the King, a Stark must always be in Winterfell. Oldest son of Eddard and is a competent leader [In the field at least].)
    Warden of the East - Brynden Tully (Competent general, loyal. Knows hot to fight his battles and I dont trust anyone in the Vale of Arryn so now the riverlands is considered part of the west.)
    Warden of the West - Tyrion Lannister (With Jamie a member of the Kingsguard and my attempt to alienate Tywin Lannister, I will strip Tywin of his titles and bestow them upon his son, the only remaining heir. He has a good head on his shoulders, and is affluently rich. I believe he is a good choice to hold the west down.)
    Warden of the South - Dorian Martell (A good southern family that is well respected. I will let them run the south because In 30 years, I dont want the Martell's to poision me because I slighted them by removing them from the seat of power.)

Prisoners (Yes I have some political prisoners that I will need to have removed)
    -Tywin Lannister: Emmense wealth, but to sadistic to be in a position of power within the realm. I will have all of his assest and titles and lands siezed. He will be arrested. His assests and titles and lands will be bestowed upon Tyrion Lannister, Lord Imp. I feel that Tywin will need to remain in prison until his death because with his wealth, he could buy himself an army and over-throw my rule.
    -Cersi Lannister: I would have the former queen arrested for her implication in the death of King Robert. I might have her sentenced to death or just have her tongue out, be made a member of the silent sisters and have her under constant guard.
    -Ser Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane: I do not trust his loyalty and he has to pay for raiding the riverlands to brashly.
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

A powerful woman and is beautiful. Dragons. Although our marriage would be for child bearing purposes and just a formality because I am in fact gay
    Are your pretending to be Renly? Or are you serious?

Serious. Been dating the same guy for 3 years now.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; October 14, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Gandalf View Post
    Are your pretending to be Renly? Or are you serious?
    I am more worried about the fact that he wants Daenerys to be his Queen...

Because of reasons detailed in a certain thread.

Well, She can now bear children so no worries.

Yes I did forget about that part..hmm Illyrio gave her the eggs before she got married..Now its a good decision.

And besides whats a matter, you afraid of "catching my gay" or something....

Any other feelings towards my options besides the Queen
    Last edited by Scarecrow; October 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Lets see, assuming I am Robert and Cersei's true-born heir instead of Joffery and I become king after Robert died fighting Ser Boar of the Forest this would be the new Small Council and major positions I would have...

Queen: If Robert had me promised to Sansa and Ned wanted it to go ahead I'd marry her out of obligation to my father's wishes. If Ned doesn't want it though I'd send a message to Danerys offering her a chance to be my queen, that should end any question of legitimacy to my throne. If she refuses I could marry Arianne Martel if only be sure Dorne stayed loyal to their new half Lannister king.

Hand of the King - Tywin Lannister, did the job well and knows how the kingdom works, and isn't likely to betray his grandson.

Grand Maester - Luwin, knows how to do his job well and is completely trustworthy

Master of Coin - Petyr Baelish, I can't trust him in anything but doing that job.

Master of Ships - Victarion Greyjoy, good sailor and admiral and will keep the Greyjoys involved and not isolated like they normally are, make them feel they have importance. That said I'd have Davos be my representative with Victarion in case he forgets his duty's

Master of Whispers - Varys can't live with or without him, might as well get his intel.

Master of Law- Ned Stark, good, honest, noble.

Lord Commander of the City Watch - Brynden Tully, the Blackfish

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - Ser Barristan Selmy

The Kingsguard- Under the Lord Commander I would have 7 of the best fighters from each of the 7 kingdoms. At all times, even of the toilet for instance, I must have at least 2 with me. And just to be safe each must carry an obsidian blade as well in case of an attack by the Others when winter comes.
    Kingsguard of the Reach: Loras Tyrell
    Kingsguard of the Stormlands: Brienne of Tarth
    Kingsguard of the Westerlands: Jaimie Lannister
    Kingsguard of the Iron Islands: Harras Harlaw
    Kingsguard of the Vale: Robar Royce
    Kingsguard of the North: Dacey Mormont
    Kingsguard of the Riverlands: Marq Piper

And for the queen and so Dorne can be involved they get to have the sole Queensguard
    Queensguard of Dorne: Gerold Dayne

Marshal of the Seven Kingdoms (Commander of the royal navy and army) -Stannis Baratheon, enough said.

Minister of the Seven Kingdoms- Renly Baratheon, he will go around the kingdom making sure everyone is happy and not about to rebel and will smooth things over if they are

Left Hand of the King- Tyrion Lannister, will use whatever means he finds necessary to ensure certain people (cough) littlefinger, and varys (cough) aren't about to betray me. And also to make sure dear mother Cersei and dear brother Joffrey aren't running my kingdom into the ground.

Warden of the North - Robb Stark
    Warden of the East - Robbert Arryn(if/when he comes of age and is capable) until then Edmure Tully
    Warden of the West - Kevan Lannister
    Warden of the South - Mace Tyrell

Also I would have Melisandre, Aeron Damphair, the High Sparrow, and Bran Stark as religious advisers.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Littlefinger, no.The only place he belongs in is with his head on a spike.Mace is a buffoon, religious advisers like that would be a disaster in the works, Varys is unstable and would do well under surveillance.Tyrion is a wild card.

Ser Boar of the Forest!