Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your Small Council [SPOILERS]

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Your Small Council (Spoiler Alert)

I think i should've put Dany as master of laws, and her dragons as the kings justice

bah, dany for mistress of young girls who know little in the ways of *insert anything*... and dragons as ovens and castle heaters during winter, put them inside walls.

Assuming that i have the knowledge of a reader etc. i would choose the following:

The Hand of the King: Tywin Lannister (The best man suited to this job.)

Grand Maester: Marwyn (Unfettered by the meddlings of the other maesters and a wizard.)

Master of Coin: Willas Tyrell (Seems to be very intelligent. I would like to have his advice on the council)

Master of Ships: Paxter Redwyne (Owns the largest fleet aside from house Greyjoy, and is surely more
    reasonable than Victarion.)

Master of Whisperers: Someone except Varys. (Sheming against me in my court? Never.)

Master of Laws: Randyll Tarly (As long as i don`t need him in the field and that the city watch falls under his command- I`m sure that Randyll would probably cut down corruption etc. almost completely.))

Commander of the City Watch: Brynden Tully or Jacelyn Bywater (Both are capable)

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy (Perhaps the best man suited to this task.)

Ofc, several other bright and brave men would gain positions as advisors.

That's a nice idea about Marwyn, haven't thought of it before! (Although Kedry wasn't serious.) I still think that Tywin Lannister would turn against me secretly or openly as soon as he was able to if i wasn't of use to his House, but i admit he is more capable than Stannis. But that's what the advisors are for.

Possibly the best kingdom ever

King: Aegon the Unlikely

Hand: Lord Tyrion Lannister

Grand Maester: Maester Luwin

Master of Coin: Petyr Baelish

Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Whisperers: Doran Martell

Master of Laws: Randyll Tarly

Commander of the City Watch: Brynded the Blackfish.

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Arthur Dayne

The Kingsguard:
    Arthur Dayne
    Barristan Selmy
    Aemon the Dragonknight
    Jaime Lannister
    Sandor Clegane
    Gerold Dayne
    Duncan the Tall

The Hand of the King: Rhaegar Targaryen

Grand Maester: Aemon Targaryen

Master of Coin: Peter Baelish

Master of Ships: Euron Greyjoy(Crow's Eye)

Master of Whisperers: Melisandre

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon

Commander of the City Watch: Areo Hotah

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy

Kingsguard:
    Jaime Lannister
    Sandor Clegane
    Gregor Clegane(as Robert Strong)
    Loras Tyrell
    Arthur Dayne
    Jaqen H'gar(the Alchemist,or whoever he is)

Kings Justice and Master Torturer: Ramsay Snow
    Master at Arms: Yohn Royce
    Horse Master: Drogo
    Most trusted generals: Randyll Tarly,Tywin Lannister,Ned Stark.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Have to dispute these two, Melisandre has only got her flames, we all know they are not exactly accurate and Euron is an insane er who should not be given a position on the councel. Remember this, a position does not honour/dishonour a person, a person honours/dishonours a position.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post

Master of Whisperers: Someone except Varys.
    You should spoiler this part

Well, Varys isn't exactly known as a kind innocent soul in the first book either...

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post

Have to dispute these two, Melisandre has only got her flames, we all know they are not exactly accurate and Euron is an insane er who should not be given a position on the councel. Remember this, a position does not honour/dishonour a person, a person honours/dishonours a position.
    MACHIAVELIIIII

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister

Grand Maester: Luwin

Master of Coin: Pyter Balish

Master of Ships: Victorion Greyjoy

Master of Whisperers: Lord Brynden Rivers

Master of Laws: Ned Stark

Commander of the City Watch: Brynden Tully

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy

Kings Justice: My Self

Not another Tyrion, how many tyimes must I say he is at bast sub-par?

Also, Victarion? There is a reason the ironborn never get a seat on the council.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Tyrion is as able as Tywin is idk why you get your panties in a bunch over it. The main reason Tywin is so appealing is because he is always stern and serious although he would be a much different person if his wife never died and left a de-formed midget with two different color eyes. The Imp has influenced Tywin's life in ways no other person can. Who else can hurt Tywin like that?

Also, Tyrion is a much more believable character than Tywin; in real life Tywin is like Alexander the Great, Yung Lo, Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar, and Tokugawa Ieyasu rolled up into one being but with all that ambition I sure as hell don't want him as hand of the king. Tyrion can be the Hand just fine

Tyrion is as able as Tywin in the same way that Hot Pie is as capable at fighting as Garlan Tyrell.
    Tyrion? believable? Clearly we are reading different books.

I am not sure why you are saying Tywin is all of those people rolled up into one, he is intelligent, good with money and a strong commander, hardly the mythical being your claiming him to be.

The reason I prefer Tywin to Tyrion is simple, he is smarter, more capable at leading armies (the Hand leads the king's army into battle) and more capable at keeping the kingdom running smoothly. Sure he has ambitiion but iirc he just wanted his family to be feared, most of the attempts at getting them the kingdom were by Cersei.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 17, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Tyrion can kill Tywin

A monkey can kill someone with a crossbow in an enclosed space when the target is sitting down.

Put Tyrions mind into this body and you have a very likeable person in Westeros. Put it back in that dwarf body of his and he is mocked even by the commonfolk.

Put Tyrions mind in Tywin's body and you end up with a dumb version of Tywin that has only a small concept on how to fight a war.

STOP THIS MADNESS IN THE NAME OF YOUR KING!!

By that you mean King Stannis Baratheon right?