Default Faction - Forces of Twilight

Forces of Twilight

Main Color: Teal
    Religion: Majora Worship
    Culture: Alien
    Rival Factions: None
    Cordial Factions: None

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Alien Invaders: The monstrous and exotic soldiers employed by the Twili exploit primal fears in the races of Hyrule. Enemies are more likely to flee from a fight with the Forces of Twilight.
    - Unfamiliar Environment: The land of Hyrule is as alien to the Twili as they are to the races that inhabit the land. Troops are generally uncomfortable and tire very quickly when fighting during the daytime.
    - Airborne Assault: The Forces of Twilight have a large roster of flying units, giving them excellent line of sight and initial speed in battle.
    - Slow Logistics: Because their supplies must come from the Realm of Twilight, armies under their command move much slower on the campaign map.

How to make them appear in the Campaign: The Forces of Twilight can be spawned when playing as the Gerudo and failing the "Mirror, Mirror" event, in which case they will take over the Arbiter's Grounds and begin summoning armies. They can also be spawned if you fail to stop the Labrynna Regime from completing the Black Tower, in which case the "Interloper Revenge" event will trigger and the Forces of Twilight will start spawning armies in Lynna City.

During the time of Ganon, many flocked under his lordship. Gerudo, Hylians, and even the Sheikah would break their creeds in favor of promised power under a dominion ruled by Ganon. After his defeat, a prison was built to hold and execute the criminals whom served the King of Moblins. Despite his defeat, these remnants attempted to finish his work and steal the Triforce for themselves. Labeled the interlopers, the Kingdom of Hyrule hunted down and imprisoned any who dared to steal the sacred relic. These Hylians, Gerudo and Sheikah were all sentenced to eternal imprisonment in the Mirror of Twilight, an ancient device of unknown origin that was believed to be the entrance to an endless void. Unknown to the Kingdom of Hyrule though, rather then sending these war criminals to a bottomless pit of no return, the Mirror of Twilight was in fact a portal to a new world. For thousands of years the Interlopers and their descendants evolved and changed in this new alien world. Millennia later they hardly resemble their ancestors, and are now a tall and slender race characterized by glowing white skin. Dubbed the Twili, they thirst to once again return to Hyrule and take revenge on the ones whom banished their ancestors. Eventually they discovered how to open the portals, and the Twili have begun to pour into Hyrule. Despite the fact that thousands of years have passed in their world, it has only been a lifetime in Hyrule since the Interlopers were banished. The Twili army is terrifying one. With exotic armor, wicked looking weapons, and horrific beasts of burden, the alien force that is the Twili can easily scare off the unprepared. Despite their psychological edge over Hyrule's races, their evolution in the Realm of Twilight has changed them to the point where walking in Hyrule is a uncomfortable in the extreme. Sunlight slowly burns the Twili unless properly protected by clothing or armor, and the air is thick for them to breath. As such they tire very quickly when forced to fight for extended periods of time. They may suffer in this alien environment, but even so one cannot help but cower in fear at the sight of a Twili army marching from the portals of another world.

Forces of Twilight Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Twili Infantry
    Twili Sorcerers
    Bonemold Monks
    Shadow Kargoroks
    Shadow Messengers
    Twili Spider Swarm
    Shadow Bloat
    Shadow Insects

Defensive Emplacements
    None

Siege Weaponry
    Sol Cannon

Command Units
    Sol Guider
    Supreme Guider

Agents
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    Princess Midna
    King Zant
    Argorok
    Morsheen

Special/Other Units:
    Messenger Elites

Twili Infantry

The primary muscle of the Twili army, these enlisted men are found stationed at many places within the Realm of Twilight. They are donned in a suit of armor made from materials native to their world that are far more resilient then any metal from Hyrule. When the time comes to retake Hyrule they will flood from portals like a swarm and bring down any foe they cross with their wicked spears.

Twili Sorceresses

Their bodies charged with the powers of Sols, these Twili individuals are able to unleash that energy and arc it at enemies. While this process causes the host great pain, lifelong exposure to Sols has made them resistant to these physical inflictions. Any soldier hit by the energy of a Sol will almost always burst into flames.

Bonemold Monks

Descendants of the Sheikah whom where banished with the Interlopers, the Bonemold Monks are all that is left of their heritage. Like the Sheikah their ancestors once were, these Twili have done their best to keep their bloodline pure and have several traits all other Twili lack. They also have taken the Sheikah traditions to an extreme in order to survive in the hostile Realm of Twilight: a Bonemold Monk never sits down in their entire lifetime once they can walk.

Twili Messenger

When the Interlopers finally settled in the Realm of Twilight, they put aside their differences and their past to rebuild a society . There were those however that continued their criminal ways and halted the progress of civilization. These individuals were often captured and forced to wear masks that transformed them into twisted, yet obedient beasts. Called Messengers as a warning to any other potential criminal, these hulking creatures serve as ideal scouts and swift assault troops.

Shadow Kargarok

While scouting Hyrule many creatures were brought back to the Realm of Twilight for study. Of the many beasts that were taken back very few survived in the alien environment, the Kargaroks being the only truly successful. Those trained in the military serve as advance scout units, locating enemy positions and setting up perimeters for Twili armies.

Twili Spider Swarm

Undoubtedly insects and arachnids were the most successful creatures to survive in the hostile world that is the Realm of Twilight. Thousands of years of shifting has crafted the perfect predator, and one that can fortunately be domesticated to some degree. Very small in their stature, these tiny creatures are almost impossible to see coming and are so fast they top most cavalry in speed. Soldiers will often clutch their fatal bites in pain before they even realize a swarm of spiders is consuming them under their armor.

Shadow Insect

The young offspring of Twili Bloats, these small insectoid creatures are easy to capture and train from their youth. Serving similar roles as dogs would in the World of Light, Shadow Insects are able to carry out orders with acceptable accuracy. As they age their intelligence seems to slip as their bodies ready for laying eggs however, so Shadow Insects used in armies are often always fairly young in their lifespans.

Shadow Bloat

These massive creatures are actually fairly docile and naturally do little more then lay thousands of eggs before dying. The Twili found other uses for them though: Large mobile rams that can bash into enemy soldiers and unleash electric jolts. While they are not exactly intelligent and are very clumsy on a battlefield, few commanders in the Twili army will argue when enemy soldiers are electrocuted to death by a Shadow Bloat.

Powered by the mystical Sols that fuel Twili society, the Interlopers can animate these large constructs in the name of Majora to seek out and destroy those that oppose the dark god. Avatars will stomp and crush enemy soldiers with ease and have little trouble sending enemy soldiers running from the fight.

Sol Cannon

Normally a source of power and life for the Twili civilization, Sols can instead be loaded into these machines and fired upon enemy fortifications and soldiers. The resulting blast from a destroyed Sol is enough to blind anyone looking at the explosion and vaporize anything in the immediate vicinity.

Midna

A member of the royal family amongst the Twili, Princess Midna had long been overlooked by her people. With Prince Zant destined to ascend to the throne, Midna took it into her own hands to obtain the title and rule the Twili herself. Finding a loophole in ancient Interloper law, Midna successfully took over her people before Zant even had a chance to rightfully be crowned.

Zant

The heir to the Twili throne by his bloodline, Zant was cast aside from his future place of power by Princess Midna. Now filled with jealousy and a sense of personal denial, Zant has slowly built his hatred for Midna despite his initial loyalty to her. It's only a matter of time before he loses his composure, snaps, and attempts to retake the throne for himself.

Argorok

A beast possibly older then the Twili's ancestors, it is unknown if Argorok is native to the Realm of Twilight or was banished from Hyrule with other dragons such as Onox. Regardless, Argorok naturally serves no one, not even the Twili. In recent times however word has spread that a way into Hyrule has opened, and Argorok unsurprisingly has submitted his services to Zant in exchange for access to Hyrule.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; August 23, 2012 at 03:42 AM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faction - Forces of Twilight

who's Morsheen?
    Droma: :Rosa

VGF254's Avatar Civis

a great fariy of twilight

will the avatar of majora unit and Demise for the Moblins be released in the next patch?
    I shall consume... consume everything

T34mki11's Avatar Laetus

Man. I wish the Twili were playable, solely because of how badass they all look.

Am i just an idiot, or do the Bonemold monks have an updated model in that pic? The mask seems differernt, and i never noticed the face being visible before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Am i just an idiot, or do the Bonemold monks have an updated model in that pic? The mask seems differernt, and i never noticed the face being visible before.
    If the model was changed, I believe it must have happened awhile ago as I don't believe the example of it shown on DA has been edited in quite a bit.

On a different note, given the nature of the twili and their separation from Hyrule for such a great period of time, will it be safe to assume that they will be more vulnerable to plague (sickness in general, think 'War of the Worlds') compared to other factions, only if plagues are going to be kept at least in some way or form when the mod is further along.

Also, will the Forces of Twilight be getting twilit bulblin added to their roster?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm in favor of having the twilit bulblin in the mod.
    I was thinking about them recently any way.

@ all
    This is my take on the Twili Bulblins.
    @ UndyingNephalim
    I think this unit has potential. Look though my take on it.

Out of all the Races that were banished to the Land of twilit. The Moblins were among them. When the Unification Act, that was to unify the people to rebuild a society, in this new Harsh land was made. The Moblins were the first and most prominent Problem. The Moblins being War lovers, were either slain in battle or turned in to Twili Messenger. The Bulblins on the other hand being the smartest of the Blin Kind, made a deal with the New Twilit Government. The Bulblins world live out side of the Cities and society. Living in tribes and having there own laws. Being a nation under and in the Nation. They justified this by claiming that it was their heritage. Bulblins would be aloud to rage war on other Bulblin tribes, as there War loving side would be satisfied and not bring harm to society. Bulblins that harm any other race would be treated as the law of the New Twilit Government See's fit.

Bulblins Ancestry;
    The masters of survival and warfare, the Bulblins make up the bulk of the Moblin fighting force. Their versatility in combat has landed them in many roles, though they most commonly serve as the primary foot soldiers and archers in most armies. Armed with a simple bow and club, Bulblins are equally deadly from a distance and up close in a bloody melee. Unlike most Blin creatures the Bulblins seem to have a code of honor and are more in control of themselves: as such they generally perform better in combat and are not scared away so easily
    Twili Bulblins. Are not trained but Hired like mercenary's from the Twilit reigns.
    [2 units]
    unit 1) Twili Bulblin; Foot archers; Use archery as there ancestors did.
    unit 2) Mounted Shadow Kargarok; This unit is a Mounded archer;
    Twili Bulblin being cunning. And like there brutish nature, being stubborn and willing to git bloody or killed in there goals. Bred Shadow Kargaroks large enough to ride. For the Riding Boars that survive the harsh new land. Were ill fit for its Terran and floating detached land.

That's My take on the Twili Bulblins.

Any thoughts?

The Twilightarmos is all so a possible unit.
    For this. It may be relics of their Imprisoning War. That they maintained for their eventual return. The toughest unit they got. But are limited. For they are maintained Lost Relics. They could be for invasion, or for the last line of defense.

Any thoughts?

I like the Mounted Shadow Kargarok idea but not quite sold on the Twilightarmos (could be because i just hate that unit
    )

Eldren, not to offend, but could you refrain from triple posting?

If you want to add more information, the edit button is your friend.

Also, I would recommend the usage of spoiler tags for large images.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Eldren, not to offend, but could you refrain from triple posting?

If you want to add more information, the edit button is your friend.

Also, I would recommend the usage of spoiler tags for large images.
    Sorry about that DiddlyDark.
    I'll try to keep to that way of posting.
    Thinks for the info. I don't like to Agro or annoy people.
    This will help me in that regard. :

did anyone else make the mistake of not buying a mirror of twilight first turn ? also- the settlement in the far south east is currently unreachable

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

My brother did. However, he recovered, captured the local areas and will have a very strong economy and army on actually breaching into Hyrule, even if it is on turn 25 or so.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

another thing ive noticed that the unit card of the avatar of majora have ranged sybols on them, should they have a ranged attack?

If the Twili are Majora worshiping people, and haven't had any contact with Hyrule for a long time then why is the Twilight Realm 100% Strict Goddess religion

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    another thing ive noticed that the unit card of the avatar of majora have ranged sybols on them, should they have a ranged attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    If the Twili are Majora worshiping people, and haven't had any contact with Hyrule for a long time then why is the Twilight Realm 100% Strict Goddess religion
    Both of these are bugs.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Consider them listed.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I assumed that the rebel fations were supposed to be SGW. After being sent to the Twilight Realm, they splintered off from the main faction and turned to the Goddesses for forgiveness, until Zant, intent on domination of the realm of light, crushes them to fuel his ambitions and please his dark god.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast