Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Gerudo

Default Re: Faction - Gerudo

Interesting designs, especially the weaponry... but what's with the eye symbol? Did these pirates steal their ships from the Lizalfos?

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Interesting designs, especially the weaponry... but what's with the eye symbol? Did these pirates steal their ships from the Lizalfos?
    Eyes are optional.
    Just felt like the gerudo corsairs would want to add a little personality to their boats.
    Am I alone in thinking a lot of red paint? and brass?
    Oh yeah.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

These look rather amazing mate! If only the ME2 engine could support naval battles......... The weapons there are probably my favorite thing there too... And doodles? Those are far beyond my level of skill.. Bravo!

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    These look rather amazing mate! If only the ME2 engine could support naval battles......... The weapons there are probably my favorite thing there too... And doodles? Those are far beyond my level of skill.. Bravo!
    You're too kind.
    Alas, for the naval battles. How fun it would be to take to the high seas...
    Speaking of, anyone else think we should get a fourth option upon conquering cities, maybe for the barbaric factions only?
    Take slaves. Like in good ol' Rome?

Also, one last jest before bed:
    What i feel like when commanding Gerudo armies
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

Well, interesting to note, i avoided that Fatal turn 10-20 crash. I Force Arbiter grounds to rebel by adding huge populaton with the console. After, there was no crash. maybe that crash has to do with ownership when twili are trying to build their mirror gate?
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

Hey guys, I'm currently extracting and editing some sound files to replace the male sounds.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Sweet!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The Gerudo should already have female sounds and grunts when they fight.

Senator

Now where did Nephalim get sounds of females grunts and moans of pain? Oh wait, probably where he found the kokiri sound effects too.

Hey, I've been reading about the gerudo lore, (cannon and non cannon), and I've come up with a suggestion of how they could work species-wise. Although the idea of the Curse of king Ganon is fine, I've come up with a more or less biological explanation for the gerudo gender distribution, just to give an alternative.

From the Zelda Wiki:

"Their skin color has been shown to come in two variants: a common light brown and an olive-greenish version seen on Twinrova and Ganondorf, though their skin may be darker due to age. Recent games have made some adjustments to Ganondorf's look, changing his nose from "long" to "big" while his ears have become slightly pointy - far from Hylian-like, but still less round than what they have once been. Whether this has any significance for the Gerudo race as a whole is unknown.
    A rather peculiar aspect of Gerudo physiology is that the race consists of almost solely women, with a male being born only once every hundred years.[1][2] The exact nature of this phenomenon is never explained, leaving many questions unfortunately unanswered. It is known however, that at least during the Ocarina of Time era the lack of males among the Gerudo is countered by them taking boyfriends from other human races.[3] This establishes that heterosexual relationships are common in their nearly all-female society."

This actually matches well with the pattern of a facultative parthenogenetic species. Parthenogenesis is a type of asexual reproduction where females can give rise to other individuals without fecundation. This actually happens in species where males are very sparse, or when females are kept from males for a prolonged period of time (NOW don't get me wrong, this is not something done only by some kind of unicellular paramecium, many invertebrates, and also some vertebrates, like some snakes, display this reproductive behavior).

The thing is, in such species, the number of males per female can be less than 1:2000, as females continue the species, while the role of men is only limited to introducing variability (the offspring of male and female are a product of the combination of their genetics, which allows for the birth of individuals with varied characteristics, which gives them an evolutionary edge, while the offspring of unfertilized females are nearly clonal individuals with very similar characteristics to their mothers and that can hardly adapt to changing conditions in the environment, etc.). So it could be explained that only one male is present "every hundred years". If one male is born in 2000 or more females, it could be easily assumed that the likelihood of more than one male at a time is quite rare.

The fact that gerudo kidnap hylians for sexual reproduction could be simply due to a sexual impulse, after all, gerudo and hylians aren't even the same species, so it would be unlikely that they could have offspring with hylians, or that these offspring would be viable.

Either way, I just wanted to give this as an alternative for gerudo biology if you want to grab it up or if you ever wondered how this one male, 100.000 females could be possible.

Nice post... but allow me to nitpick a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryus View Post
    "Their skin color has been shown to come in two variants: a common light brown and an olive-greenish version seen on Twinrova and Ganondorf

Here's what a hundred years without their one male did to them. Doesn't look very brown if at all, does it?

Nice post... but allow me to nitpick a little.

Here's what a hundred years without their one male did to them. Doesn't look very brown if at all, does it?
    Maybe she's been visiting the same doctor as Michael Jackson =D that would explain a lot *^_^*.

Eh, her and every Gerudo in FSA.

Eh, her and every Gerudo in FSA.
    Either way, that quote was from the wiki, so I have nothing to do with it, i also never played FSA, so I have no idea about the gerudo in that game, but any people living in the desert should display a brown skin, just because of the effects of the sun, maybe the gerudo are indeed Caucasian white, and its just their lifestyle in the desert that gives them their brownish skin. Maybe their skins are white/olive greenish, who knows ^^.

Ganondorf really needs to spawn earlier in the game. It's just dumb having to wait for the most prominent villain in the series to show up for so long. At least make him spawn on turn 40-50 or something, before Ordona has steamrolled everything.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

While perusing the game files, I found this guy...
    Attachment 324889
    The "Gold Knuckle"

I'm guessing he was some sort of higher-tier Knuckle beyond Iron that ended up getting cut.
    One can't help but notice a visual similarity with the whole head spikes and darth vader faceguard...

Theres actually a fleshed out version of the gold knuckle on nephs deviant accouny

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Oh, cool. Thank Tedster1995. They seem freaky, a pity they got cut.

Yea i like them im gonna add them in my submod when i eventually put down my cookery books and make it

Why are there no short haired Gerudo in White outfits like were featured in OoT?

Nabooru was so sexy in OoT so I'm a little disappointed by Nabooru's depiction/incarnation here.

I agree Seperate Unit models for Koume and Kotake on Broomsticks would be awesome!

Any chance of that Guy on the Magic Carpet from OoT making it on to the Gerudo Roster?

Any chance of Gerudo's with Whips or Lassoos or Bolas?

Ice Arrows would be good I agree.

Mirror Shield from OoT making an appearance would be fantastic!

I agree the Spanish Moors seem to have the greater cultural and Aesthetic influences as does other Arabic aspects.

Are Terminas Pirate Women going to show up as an affiliate/Ally/Splinter Group?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast