Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Default Re: Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I think the problem is that duplicates of Ganon would still be spawned, just with mounts. Ganon IS the elephant.
    So wait... if it's a general unit it will necessarily have several elephants but if it's not then it's possible to make it so that it has just one?

I is confuzzled.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Duke Serkol

I could have phrased that better. Since Ganon is classified as an elephant unit, any bodyguard unit will have to use the elephant format. Therefore, the bodyguards will spawn duplicates of Ganon (the elephant) to use as mounts.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Okay, I've re-read the previous posts and I get it now: the problem is that generals have this bodyguard bonus that makes it impossible for them not to spawn and when that is coupled with the bodyguards spawning together with their respective mounts...

Hard to believe that it isn't possible to simply remove this bonus (even if it had to apply to all generals... we've already made bigger sacrifices, like needing your capital to get generals in the first place).

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

I'll do my best to explain.

Single unit heroes are treated as "elephant" units with mounted siege engines, because the minimum soldiers per unit that the game needs is 4. Why the creators made the minimum limit 4 instead of 1 is beyond me. However, with elephants you can make it so that each mount only has 4 riders, as is the case with Ganon and all other single unit heroes. They are all essentially single elephants with four invisible riders on them. The problem with generals is there's some hidden bonus that spawns additional bodyguards past their soldier count. So if Ganon has 4 soldiers, when the extra bodyguard bonus kicks in additional riders will spawn. Since only four riders can be on one elephant, it spawns a second elephant and eventually a third.

There are people trying to solve the problem since Sauron and the Balrog also have the same issue in TATW.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; October 18, 2012 at 08:57 PM.

Best of luck to them. I imagine they are trying to find some way to disable it for specific generals... but again, even if it had to be disabled for all generals, I would probably be okay with that.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Best of luck to them. I imagine they are trying to find some way to disable it for specific generals... but again, even if it had to be disabled for all generals, I would probably be okay with that.
    I honestly did not even notice that generals had a bodyguard bonus until this issue came up, so if it it had to be disabled for all generals I think we could all live without the extra 6 soldiers following them around.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I honestly did not even notice that generals had a bodyguard bonus until this issue came up, so if it it had to be disabled for all generals I think we could all live without the extra 6 soldiers following them around.
    I think we can live with that.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Neph Horon may be able to train soldiers, but their AI never makes any. Maybe its becaue horon is a city, where the building they need to train units i only availible to castles?

Also just a few other random things about the campaign
    -the deku tribes dont do anything for me since the patch, they just keep their 2 starting territories, they never expand.
    -Faries of Tarm dont do anything either, just keep their only territory. Hell the Zuna are more expansive then them.
    -Ikana still gets butt raped when they spawn by Ordona. IMO there needs to be another faction closer to Ordona to keep them in check, any game I play they end up ruling everything in the south. They are by far the faction surronded by the most rebel villages, so they expand at a ridiculous rate, the lizafos and moblins and Ikana never stand a chance.
    -Im assuming you know this but the OoW, Shiekah, Stalfos, Huskus, FoT never spawn in my game.
    Last edited by Xebenkeck; October 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Btw just a note with moddb, I'm fairly sure you could be featured in the top bar for your releases as you are a big mod, but I think you have to post a news post first. Not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    IMO there needs to be another faction closer to Ordona to keep them in check, any game I play they end up ruling everything in the south. They are by far the faction surronded by the most rebel villages, so they expand at a ridiculous rate
    And they start with way too large a territory (even compared to the presumed main factions, Hyrule, Gorons, Zora and Gerudo)

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'll do my best to explain.

Single unit heroes are treated as "elephant" units with mounted siege engines, because the minimum soldiers per unit that the game needs is 4. Why the creators made the minimum limit 4 instead of 1 is beyond me. However, with elephants you can make it so that each mount only has 4 riders, as is the case with Ganon and all other single unit heroes. They are all essentially single elephants with four invisible riders on them. The problem with generals is there's some hidden bonus that spawns additional bodyguards past their soldier count. So if Ganon has 4 soldiers, when the extra bodyguard bonus kicks in additional riders will spawn. Since only four riders can be on one elephant, it spawns a second elephant and eventually a third.

There are people trying to solve the problem since Sauron and the Balrog also have the same issue in TATW.
    The way I understand your explanation is that there is a hardcoded minimum of 4 riders per "elephant" in each unit and when the general gets the bodyguard boost from the as yet unknown source, once his unit size reaches 8 an additional Ganon/Balrog/Sauron shows up on the battle map and at 12 a third and so on. As awesome as two Saurons kicking ass on the battlefield would be, it does interfere with immersion.

With the number of people that have looked into this in TATW this has probably already been considered, but is it possible to raise the riders per "elephant" to the highest number it will go so that the number of riders for an additional "elephant" will not be met no matter how high the bonus gets? Unless of course the bonus is in the form of "percentage of unit" rather than "number of troops" or if the hardcoded maximum is too low to allow it.

Also referring back to TATW, as Eriador I have generals with Hobbitry-at-Arms bodyguards vice the typical mounted Dunedain and, while it may be a bug, their bodyguard units have not once increased no matter what happens to their stats nor do they even regenerate after taking losses in battle unlike my Dunedain generals. I don't know the reason behind this, but it might be possible to use it in these single troop general units.

And they start with way too large a territory (even compared to the presumed main factions, Hyrule, Gorons, Zora and Gerudo)
    I believe they only start out with 2 territories which is good. But your right the sheer size of those two territories is pretty huge, bigger then most factions. Only Hyrule rivals it. Also they must get a ridiculouly high income from those two territories, caue like I said they field full stack armies almost right off the begining of the game and expand rapidly.
    Last edited by Xebenkeck; October 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

They can build farmers which cost very little to build and have 25 upkeep. That accounts for the large stacks I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    They can build farmers which cost very little to build and have 25 upkeep. That accounts for the large stacks I think.
    Lanayru can do that with the Conscripts if just takes awhile for them to be able to recruit (8 turns for two units of them)

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    Lanayru can do that with the Conscripts if just takes awhile for them to be able to recruit (8 turns for two units of them)
    HA, further evidence that Lanayru is pathetic.

Why else do you figure their royalty (castle and guards included) is completely gone in the present of Oracle of Ages, with Zelda being the "hope of the people"

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Why else do you figure their royalty (castle and guards included) is completely gone in the present of Oracle of Ages, with Zelda being the "hope of the people"
    I believe you are thinking of Labrynna, my friend. Lanayru are the half-Zora
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Aipe's Avatar Civis

how about making the gelephant and the bodyguard invisible and give the general a huge model with animations that would give the ilusion that he is actually walking fighting etc... (and as far as i know the balrog is intentionally a lot of elephants...... at least when you are another faction and siege them)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Labrynna, my friend. Lanayru are the half-Zora
    Dammit not again. Those two are so easy to misread as one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    how about making the gelephant and the bodyguard invisible and give the general a huge model with animations that would give the ilusion that he is actually walking fighting etc...
    I thought about that, but what if the visible unit got killed, the outer routed and then stopped before leaving the field (thus preventing the battle from ending)? That would be very confusing.

I'm not sure if it missed it or something but,