Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

ERE_Friend's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Releases

how do I uninstall HTW? There doesn't seem to be an uninstall .exe anywhere. I haven't been able to get the game work and I want to be able to clear it out. (I really wanna play this but get launching errors it says it can't find kingdoms.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kschneides View Post
    how do I uninstall HTW? There doesn't seem to be an uninstall .exe anywhere. I haven't been able to get the game work and I want to be able to clear it out. (I really wanna play this but get launching errors it says it can't find kingdoms.exe.
    "Can't find kingdoms.exe"

ಠ_ಠ

And now for the million-dollar questions -

1) Do you have the Kingdoms Expansion?
    2) Do you have the Kingdoms expansion installed?
    3) Is your copy a Steam copy that you need to take extra steps to mod?

He who approach'th the Bridge of Death must Answer me these Questions Three, 'ere the other side he See.

Lmao. One does not simply walk into the TWC forums.

I have kingdoms installed and not on Steam. I've installed other mods before and currently have Broken Crescent Installed and working.

I installed Hyrule into M2TW/mods and my kingdoms install also seems to be within the mods folder if that's normal, I'm pretty sure it is I've installed kingdoms many times and that's where it always automatically puts itself. That attached picture is what my mod folder looks like, for some reason a few files are thrown inside the broader M2TW folder and outside the mods one, such as the actual kingdoms.exe as it so happens. This mods new so I imagine things probs have to be perfect for it to work.

Sorry its upside down lol.

Attachment 238685
    Last edited by ERE_Friend; August 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The only and best way to uninstall HTW is to go to it's folder, select it, and hit the delete key. I get the feeling this might be causing your problem:

1) HTW must be installed in a specific order: Core Files > Version > Patches. Currently that would mean HTW Core Files 1.0 > HTW Version 1.1 > HTW Patch 1.1.2. It seems my setup has confused a lot of people, but it's the only way to do it because the file size is so massive I can't just put it into one nice .exe

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    The only and best way to uninstall HTW is to go to it's folder, select it, and hit the delete key. I get the feeling this might be causing your problem:

1) HTW must be installed in a specific order: Core Files > Version > Patches. Currently that would mean HTW Core Files 1.0 > HTW Version 1.1 > HTW Patch 1.1.2. It seems my setup has confused a lot of people, but it's the only way to do it because the file size is so massive I can't just put it into one nice .exe
    The heroes are not present in the campaign after installing the 1.1.2 patch. They have their pictures and regiments but in real time they are replaced by normal generals and captains..

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I installed everything in the right order. I guess I might try again. I always get OCD with organizing my files and it really bothers me to have like a half of a mod floating around my hard drive and in my medieval folder.

In another thread someone suggested CTD at start might have something to do with the folder the game is in. Could that be the case? This was back in the bugs forum, and I installed HTW in medieval/mods, which btw is where I also have Broken Crescent and I think actual Kingdoms expansion installed.

I was wondering Neph, what do you intend to finish off for the next update and when do you estimate it will be available?
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    I was wondering Neph, what do you intend to finish off for the next update and when do you estimate it will be available?

Please say soon.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Personally, I have enough to keep me company. Please Neph, take the time you need. Everyone needs a little off time-and you have other games to attend to. I know game development can be hard and long process. No need to rush two great strategy games.

... But Maverick Hunter/Leader Sigma is still the first thing that comes to my mind when I see that Greek letter.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    If I'm correct, the one furthest right is either the original or from the second game. The hd one just above him is from the psp remake. I should probably consider myself a megaman X fan AFTER I buy more of them than the first one.

Don't you mean left?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Please say soon.

I'm trying to get it done as fast as I can. Incorporating all those custom generals took the wind out of me and took longer then I thought. In hindsight I realized I absolutely had to make generals that way anyway otherwise every adopted general would never die of old age.

Oh well then that settles it. I was actually going to still raise one more objection (namely that yes, it's unlikely for the player to lose their capital unless they are close to total defeat, but it'll happen to A.I. controlled factions frequently enough), but we can't have all generals be MacLeods, so...

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'm trying to get it done as fast as I can. Incorporating all those custom generals took the wind out of me and took longer then I thought. In hindsight I realized I absolutely had to make generals that way anyway otherwise every adopted general would never die of old age.

No rush Neph. We all know you're doing everything you can. None of us could do everything you do at even a fraction of the rate.

You're Awesome!
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; September 11, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

yep keep up the great work Neph, thank you for all the effort youre putting into this project, the next update will be awesome im sure
    I shall consume... consume everything

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Let us see how long it takes them to authorize it.

Regardless, REJOICE ALL HYRULE: TOTAL WAR FANS! Praise the UndyingNephalim!

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I shall assume this is a new version, which means A: YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

And B: Y U DO THIS THE DAY BEFORE BORDERLANDS 2?!?!

I AM CONFLICTED!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the double post, but when it's authorized do I just download this right over the old one, or do I delete the old one first, then download this one?