Default Re: Releases

hellp me tell me how to edit faction names plzzz thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ngashi View Post
    hellp me tell me how to edit faction names plzzz thank you
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92488
    It covers it in there

Dam!! this a really well made mod!!! didn't knew that the Zelda Lore could it be so extense, i haven't feel like this since the first times that i play Thid Age, a whole new world to enjoy..and fight!! it isn't much to say simply someone put a lot of effort in this and you have my admiration and respect, cheers from Mexico

All glory, and dishonor go to the figure head.
    Or the author if you will.
    UndyingNephalim is the ring Leader. and I say a year ago. I would Recommend this game to any one. even at its unfinished state then, how much more now.
    there are a lot of people who like this game. and would love to see it finished. :

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

As a way to get the Zelda fandom a bit more involved and perhaps open up more interest, I'm hosting a contest involving Hyrule: Total War

So what exactly will be going on for this "contest"?

The Goal:

Hyrule: Total War currently features a vast selection of renders that display on loading screens. Depending on what race you play as, you'll be treated to images pertaining to that race while a battle loads. For example if you are playing as the Zora, you'll see the Zora in action as well as tidbits of information about them while the match loads. I'd love to call upon some of the great artists floating amongst the Zelda fandom to contribute pieces of art to my Zelda game. There will be prizes for the best of the best!

Rules:
    - The picture will be shrunk to 1280 x 1024, so it is recommended it be done in landscape format and not portrait format.

- Please inform me of what you are going to do and the subject matter before starting.

- The picture has to do with Hyrule: Total War and has to fit with the designs of characters in it. For example, if you want to create a picture of Princess Zelda leading an army of Hylians, she and the Hylians should look like how they are portrayed in Hyrule: Total War and not Windwaker or Skyward Sword. For images of characters in Hyrule: Total War, click here: http://undyingnephalim.deviantart.co...List-260577520 or request a render from me.

- Going along with the previous rule, stick to a realistic style. It can be exaggerated a little but keep the proportions as realistic as possible. No Toon or Anime styled art will be accepted, this game is based largely off of the Twilight Princess art style and that is a good base to go off of.
    Examples of the kind of art I am looking for:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Digital media is highly preferred. The previous examples are pretty much what I'm looking for. If you'd like to try something different like a cosplay or other media let me know first what you intend to do to see if I approve of it or not.

- I'm searching for the best of the best. My Zelda game is pushing to be as high quality as possible so I might be a bit picky about what I choose.

Type of Images:
    You'll have a degree of freedom as to what the actual content in the image will be, but here are some examples of what you can do:

- Character close-up: A close up of a character, such as Princess Zelda or Ganon. For added effect, adding soldiers of the respective character's faction behind them or in the background would be awesome.

- Army pinup: A picture of one of the faction's armies either preparing for battle or marching into it. An example would be a formation of Gerudo archers preparing their bows at an armory or an army of Moblins marching through a forest. For added effect, including one of the iconic characters from the series leading them would be awesome.

- Battle: A battle between two armies from the game (Gorons fighting Zoras for example). For added effect, including one of the iconic characters from the series fighting with them would be awesome.

- In the end I'd like at least one loading screen for each of the playable races in the game, though if two participants want to paint the same subject that's still acceptable. A list of the playable races are: Hylian, Gerudo, Goron, Zora, Kokiri, Gohma, Ordona, Lanayru, Deku Scrubs, Moblins, Darknuts, Lizalfos, Labrynna, Stalfos, Sheikah, Ikana, Twili, Wizzrobe, and River Zora. You can do art for any of the NPC factions too, such as the Church of Majora or Oocca.

Prizes:

1st place:
    - Exclusive DLC that will allow you to play as the Church of Majora, a powerful NPC faction that will only be accesible to you and developers when the game is completed!
    - Exclusive DLC that will allow you to play as the Oocca, a powerful NPC faction that will only be accessible to you and developers when the game is completed!
    - Exclusive DLC that will allow you to summon the Mythical version of Princess Zelda.
    - Exclusive Golden Hyrulean Knights skin DLC.
    - Any original character of the winner's choice will be modeled and included in the game.
    - Winner can make up to three original designs of any Zelda characters of their choice. The designs will be modeled and included in the game as alternate outfits for their respective characters.
    - Winner's name will be included in the credits, as well as on the loading screen.

2nd place:
    - Exclusive DLC that will allow you to play as the Oocca, a powerful NPC faction that will only be accessible to you and developers when the game is completed!
    - Exclusive DLC that will allow you to summon the Mythical version of Princess Zelda.
    - Any original character of the winner's choice will be modeled and included in the game.
    - Winner can make one original design of any Zelda character of their choice. The design will be modeled and included in the game as alternate outfits for their respective character.
    - Winner's name will be included in the credits, as well as on the loading screen.

3rd place:
    - Winner can make one original design of any Zelda character of their choice, or they can choose to include an original character of theirs in the game.

All other accepted pieces of art:
    - Your name will be in the credits, as well as on the loading screen.

Deadline:
    None yet, not until I'm sure there's even enough people willing to participate. If enough people participate I'll have a deadline, if not then the few that join will pretty much have until shortly before the game's release to finish.

Raise Awareness!
    Spread news of this contest to other Zelda groups on Deviantart, Zelda websites, everywhere! Let's pack Hyrule: Total War with as many awesome pieces of art as possible.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I don't bite.

Mh... so, in the regular game, the Mythical version of Princess Zelda will be unplayable, like the Oocca, or will she not be present at all?

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Dang. Times like this make me wish that I had even the slightest clue about art or the like. Although next semester an art class will be mandatory (don't ask), I'm afraid that there is no way I'd have anywhere near enough experience to make this work. Good luck to all of you who enter. I would like to see some awesome stuff here.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Hmm I'll look into this. Get some idea going and get back to you.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

While I would really like to participate, I´m an idiot whenever it comes to art.

Good luck to everyone who is able to do this

PS.: Maybe You should open a new thread for this.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I'm guessing it's cheating to commission artwork, including buying the rights and such, and submitting that...

There is no emoticon for the sadness I am feeling. I could sketch, but it's mostly colouring that's my issue.
    Last edited by Mattwensley; November 03, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

It's mostly the having talent part that's my issue.

I will still try some stuff, but I have three Problems:
    1. I suck at shadows
    2. I rarely get the Proportions right
    3. Even if I manage to do something cool, it will will be hand-drawn and uncollored, I would need someone else to color it for me.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

So I take it my rather simplistic style means I'm not eligible? D'aaw...

this is the part where you new comers, step up and take all the glory.

zacen299's Avatar Senator

[rant]Or in other words most of the people who would want the stuff being offered can't draw? That is why I hate those exclusive contests it's rather unfair to a lot of people to exclude us from having stuff like that because we can't draw.[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by zacen299 View Post
    [rant]Or in other words most of the people who would want the stuff being offered can't draw? That is why I hate those exclusive contests it's rather unfair to a lot of people to exclude us from having stuff like that because we can't draw.[/rant]
    That basically sums it up, yeah. But hey, he has to bribe people to help him somehow.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Instead of a drawing contest, what if I... uh... *Tries to think of a useful skill he has. Fails. Cries in corner*
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

I love how 98% or the replies to this essentially translate to "Aw crap"

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Maybe if we ask nicely, Neph will let us have the DLC just for... for... *tries to think of useful thing done for HTW*... being here for a while? Dang, I've done nothing worthy of exclusive DLC.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

I needed some motivation to get the attention of the big leagues...