Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: Releases

Default Re: Releases

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello UndyingNephalim, is there no hope for us about a final release, bro? Because, you never upset us.
    People voted in favour of him abandoning htw in favour of conquest, so sadly there wont be an 'official' final version. But never say never
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello UndyingNephalim, is there no hope for us about a final release, bro? Because, you never upset us.
    I'm neck deep implementing amazing new features and units I was never able to do in M2:

Nephyboi is clearly much happier working in the 0AD engine. It would be best not to try to drag him back to M2.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'm neck deep implementing amazing new features and units I was never able to do in M2:

Man, i do love your settlements for the Zora in this mod.

- Elephants look less cool than the ones in use in HTW but i guess you would want some difference. Good job =).
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by badass7 View Post
    It is a shame it is seemingly getting abandoned. Would have been nice for at least the freeform campaign to be completed (some bug fixes, replace a few of the vanilla settlements etc).

I am looking forward to Hyrule Conquest however, just a shame for Hyrule Total War to remain incomplete after all the work that has already gone into it.
    I agreed with your statements, and especially about the "some bug fixes"-part, while I did replace every vanilla settlement in my submod Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate, i didn't do it for the HTW 4.7 official version because I weren't certain if Neph had intended for all of them to be replaced. I do know that he had planned on making new cities for every area originally but I mean using capitals in many locations might not be what he wanted in the official release. That's an easy add-on though.

What you wished for has become a reality, the bugs have been fixed, the unused custom settlements are now in use and implemented, the ones that were not working correctly are fixed etc.

Check out this official update called "Hyrule: Total War 4.7 Fan Made Update" uploaded by the original creator The Undying Nephalim/Ice Cream Man/Chasen Lindsay over on the main official Hyrule: Total War page:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...mega-fan-patch

A huge fan made update that fixes lots of bugs and restores a few unfinished features.

A very large fan made update, mostly by Mr_Nygren that fixes a huge number of bugs from the final HTW release and implements some content that was in the mod but left unfinished. Please read the Installation instructions below to get the mod running and check out the massive list of fixes.

INSTALLATION

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.
      2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch." It is included in this download.
      3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.
      4. You need to have just one folder named "Hyrule4point7" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule4point7 - and then You'll start it by double-clicking the M2TWEOP-file of the mod after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla" .
      5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule4point7 - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the M2TWEOP-file after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla".

6. Additional Info for solving an issue on Windows 10 with a small screen while using the M2TWEOP.exe which is used to launch the game now:

7. M2TWEOP-TOOL and instructions on how to fix an issue with a small screen on Windows 10:I tried it on Windows 7 - no issues, I tried it with the CD-version on Windows 10 - no issues - But according to the creators of the tool it is required to change some stuff for the Steam-version on Win 10 in order to prevent the screen from being too small. You do need to right-click on the Medeival2.exe/Kingdoms.exe and change some things in the compatibility mode. It will also need to be done with the tools .exe file."You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application"""This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application" This is due to the scaling settings in windows 10. You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application." This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application"

NEW FEATURES AND FIXES

1. Fixed spelling errors in the descr_strat causing CTD (crashes to desktop) when loading battles - I did read on a Reddit that Princess Ruto and Kotake crashed in the campaign. This was due to spelling errors for their general model. "princess_ruto" was wrongly spelled "Princess_Ruo"- Causing a crash when she was about to enter a battle. Kotake was wrongly named Kote -same issue there. And then I decided to check the entire file. There were many heroe with big letters. Link_Older (like the portraits) - It's spelled link_older with smaller letters for the actual battle-model. So I corrected all the spelling mistakes of that file. It will fix quite a few heroes from crashing when trying to start battles.

2. I've also made Otaylo of the Tokay, and Vorday of the Zuna generals. And I've added Rosa of Subrosia to both custom battle and the campaign. She was technically in the custom battles. But without a model. She was named, had her portrait and so on - but the model was a generic general.

3. Then I've fixed a few silver surfers - The Gerudo Pirates and the Gerudo Thief Officer, They needed the older gerudo_main1 texture (the pirates), otherwise their texture were glitched, and I renamed it to number 5, then I added the 4 merc line to the officer to fix the silver surfer. The two Lizalfos mercenary units of old Hyrule. They are using the new Lizalfos Butchers. And they were slver surfers. I've added 4 merc to both the unit and the officer. So they're no longer silver surfers.

4. In 2019 I did also fix the Banshees who had an issue where they became invisible when zooming-out. They needed new LOD distance levels. I just gave them 10000. And there was a Stalfos unit that had a wrong texture, that I also did fix back then, Battleforged.

5. I've found that the River Zora (Zola) have heroes with glitched textures. The zora_main1-texture has been changed for the new Zora-units. So it messed up the old Zora crowns and armor of Princess Sookuf, Baruuda-Kan and King Zarosef - and also messed up the ambassador robe of Archduke Neighleth. I've fixed all of this.

6. The Forces of the Twilight still have glitched officers. They were glitched since the 2012 release. I did fix them in 2023 in Classic Ultimate. They did use the wrong texture for attachmentsets. The Bonemold Monks of the Twili were also not correct and were fixed in 2023. Had been bugged since 2012. Or were missing a bit of their texture. Codeman helped fix that in Classic Ultimate.

7. I've re-implemented the missing heroes of the Forces of the Twilight - Dark Onox and Argorok the Dragon, asI assume those were remoevd to free up space for new models that will not be implemented anyway.

8. I've also added all the variations of Zant - Prince Zant and King Zant, and of Midna - Princess, Queen and Imp - to the custom battles for the first time ever -Imp Midna, Queen Midna and Prince Zant were never there- only Princess Midna and King Zant. They use different bodyguards and models - Prince Zant has the generic Twili Infantry, Princess Midna has Shadow Messengers, King Zant has a unique Shadow Assassins red bodyguard, Queen Midna has the Repentants and Imp Midna has the Repentants.

9. Re-implemented the missing Repentants of the light Twili-building replacing the Bonemold Monks there- and making the Bonemold Monks unique for the Dark Building.

10. Alive Ikanians have been re-implemented - they were most likely removed to open up space for the new models that won't be implemented anyway as the project got cancelled. So I put them back into the game for the Kingdom of Ikana as Ikana's roster is still the old one. 40 free slots remaining.

11. The Final Battle in HTW 4.6. Unfortunately the Majora Kokiri, Gorons, Zora and Hylians of 4.6 do not have any alternate skins.

12. Fallen sage Missing Hyrule Historia Missions implemented into the mod files- but don't actually work as of yet.

13. Majora Cultist Zelda III added to the Church of Majora for both the Final Battle Hyrule Historia Mission 71 and the custom battles.

14. Fi and Ghirahim implemented to both the custom battles and the campaign, for the Kingdom of Hyrule (Fi) and the Moblins (Ghirahim) respectively.

15. Princess Mahrala Nohansen Zelda III, she looked exactly like in the official Hyrule Warriors game of which 4.6 is based - implemented to custom battles only for the Kingdom of Hyrule as a bonus hero, as she fit the style of the mod as she is closely resembling the official Zelda character from the game of which 4.6 is based. The model is dated October 2014 so it's only half a year older than the 4.6 Hylian roster.

16. Implemented the majority of all my new strat-models for the heroes in Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - essentially all the heroes will have their own models on the campaign map, but as HTW 4.6 is using only 4 heroes per faction some were cut- and also I did cut 27 generals, as in Classic there are both 28 generals, 28 soldiers and the heroes - in 4.6 we have HD soldiers, no generic generals on the map (the old models wouldn't fit) with the exception of the Gohma, the Twili, the River Zora and the Kingdom of Ikana who gets their generals from Classic on the map, as they do fit (the Gohma has the same roster and the same generals, just with HD-models- not much of a visual difference besides the polygons for their general), and the others are still using their older rosters. For any other factions they didn't get generic generals because the HD-soldiers looked too different in style. Andno, i couldn't make 176 or so new HD-models, HD-models on the map require more effort and work as you'd need to lower their high polygon levels or the models will cause a crash on the loading screen when attempting to load a campaign. and reducing the polygons will require rigging of the model- which itself is a more tedious process than converting low-poly models from battle to srat-models. Converting low-poly models still requires effort but far from the same tedious procedure. Instead of spending 8-13 hours on a model when you have to rig it, you'd instead just spend 10 minutes to one hour per model when converting. In some odd cases they can be difficult and take way more time.

17. Updated Midna heroes - for the Player - Queen Midna, Great Fairy, Una and Argorok the Dragon are Midna-unique if the player plays as the Forces of the Twilight - Dark/General Onox is shared with King Zant.

18. Updated Zant Heroes - King Zant, Lady Middee and Olg are unique to King Zant if the player plays as him, Dark Onox is shared with Midna. The generic general is also added whenever/if the Forces of Twilight gets new generic generals.

19. Fixed Goats of Lady Malon's bodyguard. They were Silver Surfers.

20. Final additions of strat-models for the heroes for the Deku Scrubs, the Moblins etc.

21. Tokay general and soldier (the general is re-implemented from the 2021 release of Classic Ultimate - it had been cut due to a hardcoded limit in Classic). HTW 4.6 has way more space left because we aren't using quite a few of the heroes, and none of the generals except for the minor factions and the three older factions (The Twili, the River Zora & the Kingdom of Ikana). Plus the Gohma general is also used.

22. Horonian Mystic general is also re-implemented. The Maku Tree of Horon is a general. And Mayor Ruul is back too. The maximum number in the file descr_model_strat is 260. Which Classic Ultimate has managed to fill up.

23. Diplomats recruitable for the Zuna, the Horonians, the Huskus, the Subrosian and the Tokay - the River Zora and the Kingdom of Ikana also have diplomats. The Minor factions have their AI disabled though so they won't use their diplomats.

24. Added the missing Octozora unit to the River Zora recruitment.

25. Also added spies for the River Zora, the Kingdom of Ikana and the Twili.

26. Assassins added to the recruitment and other files for the Kingdom of Ikana, the River Zora and the Forces of Twilight.

27. I've finished adding the merchants, priests and the Oocca Priests, Inquisitor and Pope.

28. I've re-implemented the two old cut Oocca units to the custom battles plus their hero Oocco.

29. Added all the unit/unit_info cards for the new agents and the ported units.

30. Trinexx, Fi and Ghirahim have the same high defence stats as the other giants of 4.6 now.

31. I finished adding the Oocca and Majora agents to the files. Of course they're not gonna show-up in the campaign without their factions owning regions.

32. Fixed Hylian, Ordonian, Labrynna, Horonian and Oocca cities in battle and on the map- added the Sky City, Malkariko and their strat-models.

I decided not to remove all the vanilla cities.

33. All the Twili cities are also in Hyrule- Arbiter Grounds is now using the "Palace of Twilight"-settlement model on the map and in battle, because it's the seat of Midna or Zant- and as you never fight in the Twilight Realm as anybody but the Midna faction against the rebels I felt it should also be their capital in Hyrule, instead of Uzu.

The Haunts are using Uzu as their capital on the map and in battle- they're a minor NPC faction.

Ison is Elmenzhia on the map and in battle - it's the minor Majora Spawn area with Majora rebels.

Sand Crab Cove is using Valran on the map and in battle- like in Classic.

It's held by rebels as Zant's faction is no longer in use.

And finally Falling Bastion is Majora Prime- it's the bigger Majora Spawn rebel held area. It's Uzu on the map and the other city in the battle.

34. The Shadow Temple of the Sheikah- also the main breeding grounds of the undead Stalfos - is added as a fort next to Kakariko.

35. Fixed Vigjaro Glade Custom Settlement - it used a vanilla model in battle.

36. Fixed/Improved on the Biggoron HD model in battle, as Biggoron is smaller in 4.6, but used the same animation as the much bigger model from Classic -I've replaced his animation with a better one, and even though his arms are still a bit glitched at least he isn't totally glitched like before. The reason for the glitch was that the old animation don't fit the smalle rmodel.

It's either that animation with glitched arms or replacing the model with the much bigger older Biggoron. Or making Biggoron bigger.

37. Fixed Gohma settlements - many of them were incorrect in battle and on the map.

38. I had to move the Oocca Sky City (City in the heavens) from the location of Classic (Seshei) to the location of Lullaban, this was due to the mountainous terrain of Seshei bugging out the city in battle, and I recall makayane had re-worked the ground of Seshei by altering the campaign map in Classic so that the building wouldn't be glitched- in essence she had flattened the ground, and in 4.6 it's not flattened and as such the settlement ended up looking glitched- which i fixed by moving the settlement to another location.

39. Both Tokay Villages are using the Tokay Village custom settlement.

40. I've fixed Crown Ridge - it spawned as a vanilla settlement in battle.

41. I've fixed the Stormzora Capital - It also did spawn as a vanilla settlement in battle.

All the custom cities/settlements now work as intended.

The campaign is stable on the map - Over 430 turns without a crash.

42. Fixed an issue with many of the mercenaries not using their intended unit_info cards - It would seem they used a folder named MERCS instead of MERC.

43. Fixed a few Ordona Province cards - they had the wrong code-names.

44. Princess Midna and Imp Midna Silver Surfers have been fixed for the factions that they can join tn the campaign through a script/guild - Hyrule, Ordona and lanayru Province - this required new lines in the BMMDB-file for both models added to all these factions, as when the models were mercs they still ended up silver surfers despite having the mercenary_unit attribute in the EDU - why? Because the bodyguard of the hero didn't have the mercenary attribute, and so the officier turns into a silver surfer - by adding the lines for the factions of Ordona, Hylian and Lanayru the issue was solved.

45. Finished fixing all the heroes of the 4.7 campaign- they are now 1 single unit in battle, all of them- and this is true as well for the additional heroes of Fi for the Kingdom of Hyrule, Ghirahim for the Moblins, Trinexx for the Lizalfos & Olg and Argorok for the Twilight realm.
    The Huskus Remnants and the Horonians have their giant heroes too, and they're AI-only factions in 4.7 - they are 1 in battle.

46. I've finished the custom battle menu, and removed any wrong placements in the ERA:s of heroes.

47. I've also added the strat-models of Imp Midna and Princess Midna to the mod, the later not being used in Classic Ultimate- there is a Queen, Princess and Imp model. In 4.6/4.7 Imp Midna or Princess Midna can join the Kingdom of Hyrule, Lanayru Province or the Ordona Province through guilds in the late game. When they do they get the strat-model and battle-model for all of these factions.

48. Settlements can no longer be upgraded - as this would turn custom settlements back into vanilla settlements. Of course they still have settlement levels - hamlet, village, town, large town, city, large city and metropolis. But the actual model won't upgrade to a different model.

49. Fixed an issue where almost every faction ended up bankrupted and wouldn't do anything in the campaign except wait for their doom - It wasn't enough to change the costs. Giant heroes and heroes do ressurrect their numbers each new turn. This becomes a problem on the map for any giant. The script is forcing the giant to be 1 in any real-time-battle. But on the map they can increase from 2 to 100. And with each increased number the higher the upkeep. 58 upkeep would go up twice every turn. Ending with 2000+ in just a few turns. I solved it finally. By allowing giant heroes to have zero upkeep at all times. Now the factions are not bankrupted and expand. Especially the Gohma, Ikana, Twili, Wizzrobe. They expand now, unlike earlier where they did nothing and got defeated. Well, the Twili did conquer some earlier- then did nothing. They essentially would take a few areas with their giants- Then do nothing because of bankruptcy. In the Twilight realm they would do nothing. And the Rebels would get huge stacks. Now instead they will conquer the Twili realm from the rebels. Because they have enough money to hire troops. And they will not stop advancing in Hyrule neither. The Gohma will attack the Darknuts and the Gerudo. And they will conquer all their areas. Previously they did nothing, never took the 4th and 5th Gohma settlements. Now they will conquer them, and then attack the Gerudo desert. The Order did nothing previously. Now they will expand and conquer areas. Ikana did nothing, now they conquer ordona and then Hyrule.

50. The unused HD unit "Soldiers of Agahnim" added to the Sheikah recruitment.

51. The Oocca and the Church of Majora have been added to the campaign. But there are differences. For one the Oocca will only have access to their actual Oocca units. No armos nor goddesses units. And they will only be able to recruit from their starting settlement which is the Sky City. It didn't make sense to add the city without adding the faction. Another difference is that the AI will be totally disabled. Not unlike the Horonians and others. This means that when you play a campaign the Oocca will never move anything. They'll also have a huge army at their capital. So if you invade you'll face their entire force. But they won't move against others on their own. This is because they're OverPowered, and because Neph made it like this for all the other minor factions with five or less units.

As for the Church of Majora they will have an active AI. They do have all their agents. They do also have access to the Avatars of Majora Twili abominations and the Ikanian Death Shamans wearing masks of Majora. They do currently have access to every other unit in the game in custom battles (and I've later added them to the campaign recruitment as well).

Unlike in 2017 when the Sky city wasn't at all playable the city got fixed by Makayane in December 2019. So with their capital fully playable of course they need a precence in Hyrule.

Majora were in the campaign without any regions. They spawned demons as rebels. But the Rebels suck. By having them be a faction they will have access to agents of every type, and will also be more of a challenge. Plus they have Majora Prime - the city - as thei capital.

All giants of 4.6 have much higher defence values compared to in Classic. They are essentially bosses. At least in auto resolves.

I started improving 4.6 in October 2023. Did some in early November, some in December (finished adding all the strat-models), some in January 2024 (fixed and updated the cities and improved the campaign a bit) and now I've done pretty much the rest in March 2024.

52. I added the much more aggressive AI of Stainless Steel- where they will attack all the time. But this wasn't enough. As long as they were bankrupt they still did nothing. So I also had to fix their ecconomy. One main difference that I'm very pleased with is that all the factions are hyper aggressive now on very hard. And there are a few factions that are passive in the campaign due to a script added by the original creator. It disables their AI - Horon, Tokay, Subrosian, Huskus, Zuna, Stormzora, Rollingridge and the Haunts - now even the Oocca - Basically it prevents the minor factions from acting. It's lore-accurate. Horon is a pacifist society. Subrosia keeps to their own businesses.

I originally modded Classic Ultimate planning one version of the mod. So I wanted the ultimate mix. Between the old and the new. But now I've gone and polished up 4.6.

53. I've added all the Gohma pics by Codeman, they were the correct size - they are new settlement level pics/cards fo the agents and generals of the faction on the map.

54. I've also added a script so that whenever Vaati dies he'll turn intio Vaati Wrath . I also added my cards from Classic to the unit, and fixed the silver surfer model that needed to use a different normal to not be a silver surfer.

55. And if Agitha dies and Sulkaris the Ugly is still alive, then she'll transform into Ancient Sulkaris- Agitha sacrifices herself. Ancient Sulkaris has a new HD model used for unreleased Hyrule Historia Missions. It's way better than the older model and wasn't in use by the mod, but was in the EDU-file but commented out for custom - I've re-enabled it in custom battle.

56. I've also re-enabled other unused heroes in custom battle if they were still in the EDU of the 4.6 version - such as Cia of the Order of the Wizzrobe, or Demon Demise.

57. Added Codeman's new cards for Darknut generals, agents, Kokiri Agents. Gohma Agents.

58. Updated 99% of the capital building pictures and unique temple pictures with Codeman's new ones. Codeman's new art fits with the 4.6 style and is mostly replacing old HTW Classic stuff or adding more stuff to 4.6/4.7. It has the style of Hyrule Conquest and HTW 4.6.

59. I also found out while trying out custom battle that Cia and Lana have unique floating animations. Which they didn't have in the campaign. They used to have that in custom which I had forgotten. I added that animation to all the Wizzrobe gens. The problem with generals is that they share animations. So it's either everyone uses it or nobody. The exception being giant generals. Generals are different per faction, so generals of different factions can use different animations- but all the generic generals and custom human generals share animations.
    60. There are a few pre-HD models - Like Fi, Ghirahim, Vaati Wrath, Dethl - basically the monsters that were still inside the EDU but not replaced. Also, remember that the Majora units are all pre-HD. Just like the River Zora, Twili and Ikana, and Horonians and Subrosian. The demons were never updated. The Disciples of Majora are old Hylians with masks. The old diplomat to be specific. The red soldiers of Agahnim are updated. With proper Hd models. They just weren't in the campaign or custom. They were used as Agahnim's unique bodyguard. But had their own unit entry in the EDU. With existing cards. I re-enabled that unit.

I saw that Neph tried to make all factions have 4 heroes, 12 units, and with heroes 16 units - but there were some exceptions to this.

I didn't keep to this for the older factions.

I re-added all the "alive Ikanian units" to custom, all the missing Twili units to custom and the campaign, and all the missing heroes for them.

Majora-Cultist Zelda got added because Majora was still "outdated".

Also, about Hyrule. For custom battle I did let the patreon Zelda 3 be an extra hero there, because she had the Hyrule Warriors look. I know the model isn't HD but she is using an HD bodyguard, and her model kind of fit the "Hyrule Warriors"-theme.
    She looks like that.

There was an old model for Zelda 3 that's dated October 2014 (same as majora-cultist) who actually was pretty high-poly - had to be lowered- but used the old style in the face.

61. So i added the ability of Lana to become Cia if she is ever killed in the campaign, same with Demise turning into demon form Demise if killed.

62. Finished the recruitment for the Church of Majora of all the intended units that they do have in custom battle since 4.6, and I've added the required hidden resources, placed them out int he regions-file and given the Church of Majora all the buildings that they shoudl have. The Oocca also got some new buildings. The pictures for the new buildings have been added for 90% of the buildings new to the Church of Majora.

The Church of majora is essentially ready to be played, with Majora Cultist Princess Zelda Mahrala Nohansen III also being a new general in the campaign for the faction- also using her strat-model and hero ability.

63. The church of Majora implemented and ready as a new playable faction int he campaign, with all their intended units available to them. Unlike in Classic Ultimate they won't have more custom heroes than Majora himself and Zelda III- and they won't start with the Hylian units in Majora Prime in use by the settlement named the "Falling bastion"- instead they start with just their base core-troops (four Majora demons available from the new building the Majora Bar - Majora Seekers, Majora Masks, Majora Wraths and Majora Eyes, and Disciples of Majora, Ikanian Shamans (wearing masks of Majora), Avatars of Majora (Twili Abominations of Majora) and Soldiersof Agahnim (brainwashed Hylians who no longer can control their own minds, brainwashed by Lord Agahnim using his Eye of Truth- Agahnim is the leader of the Sheikah but is secretly working for Majora). To get units of the other factions they'd need to conquer their areas,a nd unlike in Classic this takes longer as the buildings take longer to upgrade as settlements are slower to upgrade as well. Majora Zelda III has a Ironclad Elites bodyguard, but she is using the HD-model of the unit now. There are no majora skins for the normal units sadly so they'll look identical to their other counterparts- unlike in Classic wheer they had Majora skins.

I playtested for 5 hours or so as Majora - not a single crash despite fighting about 10 real-time-battles. I did even conquer all of the Moblins and the Stalfos.

64. Church of Majora Winning Conditions updated. So I've fixed Majora's faction selection screen, added them as playable and handed out their victory conditions. They can recruit most units in the game. Just not the Gohma, Stalfos, Sheikah, Ikanian, Twili or minor faction units. Unlike in Classic they won't get the Sheikah troops. But instead they get the Wizzrobe ones. Neph had already added the units to custom. I added the same units to the campaign. They also have their own troops - Majora Disciples, Majora Spawns and so on. Majora himself and Majora Cultist Zelda III.

Codeman told me that the idea was that Princess Zelda III would be resurrected from the dead by the powers of Majora/Termina and lead Agahnim's armies from Termina.

The Church of Majora has the Soldiers of Agahnim. Their only Sheikah unit.

Princess Zelda III is the grandmother of Zelda V, and mother of Zelda IV. Both of them are in the campaign. Zelda V is the young Princess leading Hyrule. And Zelda IV is Sheik who is in disguise who is in the Sheikah. So Majora Resurrected Zelda III is in Majora. She is pretty much undead- But by the powers of Majora.

65. I've also implemented Codeman's new Deku Scrub agent cards. The factions now have additional cards in the same style. From Hyrule Conquest.

66. I've added the cut Final Battle Mission 71 music to the settlement used by the Church of Majora as their Capital- so unlikein Classic you'd ge the epic music of Mission 71 while playing a battle in their capital. This was cut from Classic Ultimate because of a bug where all the other sound disappeared when trying to generate new music files- in 4.6/4.7 I had zero issues and the new music was added without issues.

67. New Oocca music in the settlement/region of Lullaban used as their capital - I did place the Sky City there, which means that they've probably decided to hover over Lullaban as the Sky City can move in lore. In any case, they now have thei custom music from Neph's videos- but it's uncertainif this will be included in the release.

68. Fixed an issue where Majora were three in battle.

69. Most building pics have been added for the Church of Majora.

70. The "Gohma Caretakers" of the Gohma faction did crash to desktop whenever they attempted to fire their projectile in 4.6. I've replaced its animation with the animation in use by the Viridgohma (the old bodyguard of Agitha from Classic) and by using it instead the unit no longer crashes and can fire their projectile without issues. It also looked decent, if not perfect.
    71. Re-implemented sprites for the Gerudo Pirates and the Oocca Emmissaries that didn't use any sprites because they were removed in Classic Ultimate- and I had ported their model entries from it to fix visual glitches. The srites are important for older systems to decrease lag. I had zero lag my 2009 computer using sprites in 4.7, but experienced lag in big battles on Classic which is using older non-HD models - because they lacked sprites there.

And with this I'm basically done writing about all the changes made, and fixing done - to the mod since October 2023.

Enjoy the new release of version 4.7?

Not certain if this will need to be a submod, or if it will count as an official 4.7 update (like I had intended it to be, as I just wanted to fix and correct bugs- then update visuals like the strat-models - but adding the Church of Majora as a new faction wasn't planned, but I did so mostly because I wanted to play them myself, and the Oocca needed to be in the campaign for the battle of the Sky City to be possible- but neither the Oocca nor the majora factions were originally intended for this update.
    I hope it will be uploaded on the oficial page, even if I'd have to remove the Oocca or so. It wasn't intended as a submod.

72. Also, on a final note - I've integrated the M2TWEOP-tool (medieval 2 Total war Engine Overhaul Project) which has a "creature fix" feature that will fix any giants crashing on Windows 10- you just launch the game using the tool (it's a launcher used instead of the executable.exe) and the giants and other odd creatures will no longer crash in battle on Win 10. There are some busg following with the tool - like the dead horsemen/cavalry will sometimes lay oddly on the battlefield, and the riders of horse charriots and elephants (will affect the Ikanian Charriots and the Zora elephant cavalry) will be invisible. Well, it's asmall price to pay to avoid crashes.

There si a way to make the units work without the tool- like in Great Sea: Total war wheer a modelelr made a unit similar to King Ganon in Classic work- it had something to do with how the model had been commented in a cerain file. Win 10 can't handle it if it's done wrongly, unlike Win 7. It is also the case in Third Age, warhammer and Warcraft TW- the guys of Warhammer and Third Age fixed it for all their units. But the fix isn't easily moved over, and will need editing of individual giants. The M2TWEOP-tool fixes the issue on all the units ina mod, but with the bugs mentioend. It's either the bugs, or fixing each individual unit one at a time. With this tool you won't crash in battles with your big heroes anymore. The executable.bat and the AUI.at have been deleted.

Use the M2TWEOP.exe - and no it isn't a virus/trojan - it's commonly mistaken as such by antivirus programs. Enjoy the mod. No other updates are planned unless I learn how to reduce and make HD strat-models.

73. Ancient Sulkaris will spawn whenever Ugly Sulkaris is killed int he campaign, instead of when Agitha is killed as written earlier in the document - this is because the Agitha-script didn't function as intended in the late-game, and so I made it simpler by just having thehero spawn when the other version of the hero dies.

74. The Oocca have been removed from the campaign in Hyrule, and are no longer holding the area/settlements/region of Lullaban - Lullaban has been restored into a vanilla medieval 2 Lanayrur settlement in order to aid the Lanayru Provinceintheir expansion in the campaign- as the region is a Lanayrur rebel-held area. The Oocca had gotten the region previously, and the settlement had been turned into the Sky City - the Sky City has been cut and the Oocca removed from the area - the Oocca still keeps the region of "The Heavens" outside of Hyrule but the player nor the AI won't ever be able to go there without using the console cheat commands. This region of "The Heavens" is still used as the Oocca Capital, has the Oocca Sky City model in battle and on the map (but you won't ever be able to playa battle there), and the faction has Oocca models for their priests, generals, captains and agents.

There is an alternate descr_strat-file included where Lullaban is still the Sky City, where the Oocca has that region as their capital, where the AI is disabled so they won't act at all -but if you play a battle there you'd get to fight their entire army. The music has been restored to the Lanayru music in the region, so to get the Oocca music to play there if using the alternate descr_strat-file you'd be required to add the region "East_Lanayru_Province" in under music_type music_oocca next to regions The_Heavens in the file known as descr_sounds_music_types in Hyrule4point7/data/world/maps/base.

75. The Tokay Slingers do crash the game when attempting to fire their projectile - have been fixed by replacing the Flain animation with something that workes with a projectile.

76. Biggoron was 3 in battle due to not using the 100,1,1 unit numbers, most of the giants were already correct, but I had fixed Majora, Dethl and Sulkaris.. Biggoron also needed the number changed. I went through the entire file and he was the only one that needed fixing.

77. Also, King Kazakk had been overlooked in the descr_strat- I had like the first thing that I did fixed Ruto and Kotake after reading on a Reddit, then fixed all the heroes below them. But unfortunately I had a distinct memory of Kazakk working.. But that was in custom battle it would seem.. Because his name was spelled kazaak instead of kazakk in the line for the battle-model.. Causing a crash to desktop.

I've fixed that now. I think that was the only one left to have a wrong name for the battle-model. I remember many heroes had wrong names there in 4.6 but I missed out on Kazakk.

78. So I've fixed a bunch of things, including a silver surfer mercenary unit, added captain cards for a bunch of factions and done some other stuff.

I would think the mod is ready now and bug-free - I playtested as Majora for 74 or so turns. But of course Medieval 2 can always surprise.

I did remove the AUI.bat and the executable.bat. The M2TWEOP.exe is included. It fixes giants crashing on windows 10 and 11.

Thanks for reading all of this. /Mr_Nygren
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; Today at 10:21 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal