Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TROM2 2.41 BETA *NEW 23.07.2012*

Default TROM2 2.41 BETA *NEW 23.07.2012*

TROM 2.41 BETA

BETA 2.41 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER SAVEGAMES!

Featuring Spanky's Swiss Confederacy Mod

After a long time a new version of the mod is ready thanks to Spanky, who asked me to integrate his swiss unit mod into TROM 2. More then 30 swiss units and a historical accurate government await your command in both the 1806 and the 1812 campaign. However, playing the Swiss Confederacy will be quite a challenge. Originaly, we planned to enlarge the swiss capital city with more slots, but technical limitations (corrupted svaegames) prevented us from doing this. Therefore you now start with only a minor city, no university and limited resources. In the wake of your big brother France you have to try to gain a foothold in the Habsburg territories, in Italy or wherever you see an opportunity. I recommend playing the Swiss on normal difficulty to have a more reliable diplomacy with the AI players. The economic challenge in TROM 2 is independent from the difficulty level, so playing on harder difficulties only increases the aggressiveness of the AI towards you. Enjoy the new faction and don't forget to give some feedback.

There are a number of further improvement in this update: The CAI will expand a bit quicker then before (especially France will be more of a threat). The BAI was slightly improved as well and will use better unit formations. As a result enemy armies will form neat fireing lines most of the time. Watch out for the enemy attack columns, which will assault your lines more agressively now. A number of tech and building bonuses were increased to make them more meaningfull and the experience bonuses you get from buildings favor top tier buildings more. Johan217 was so kind to fix a number of typos and wrong descriptions in the TROM 2 text file. I also fixed a number of small bugs or inconsistencies nobody ever complained about.

SPANKY'S SWISS CONFEDERACY MOD

- Play the Swiss Confederacy in the 1805 and the 1812 campaigns and lead an underdog to glory.
    - Historical ministers with accurate portraits.
    - More then 30 new Swiss units with custom made uniforms and icons fully adapted to the TROM 2 recruitment- and battlesystem.
    - All Swiss infantry units have a +5 accuracy bonus. Swiss militia is superior in all stats to most other nations militia.
    - Starting TROM 2 Nation tech: Recruiting militia is cheaper for the Swiss and they get a bonus for diplomacy.
    - After reaching tier 3 in any building chain the standard cantonal Swiss units are no longer recruitable and are replaced by federal units, which are cheaper in recruitment and upkeep.

Note: Since the Swiss capital has only one slot for buildings you can recruit all Swiss units from all building types (administration, military or culture)

ADDITIONAL CHANGES

- NEW: AI France gets control over the Italian states after conquering Vienna.
    - AI nations expand quicker then before.
    - Improved BAI battle formations.
    - AI attack columns are more aggressive.
    - Experience bonuses from buildings are now tied to the level of the building.
    - Some tech and building bonuses were reworked to make them more meaningful.
    - A number of descriptions for unique nation techs added (Thanks to Johan217)

FIXES

- Fixed missing ancillary bonuses.
    - A number of smaller bugs fixed.
    - A number of typos fixed (Thanks to Johan217)

INSTALLATION

Read the instructions to install or deinstall the mod in the TROM2 technical support thread HERE.

THE BETA WAS RELEASED. PLEASE SEE THE STICKIED RELEASE THREAD FOR THE DOWNLOAD LINK.

Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

lokuzzz's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: TROM2 2.4 BETA *NEW 07.07.2012*

interesting, gonna check it out

Hey Yarkis, I downloaded this yesterday and the only file that was in there was the trom2core. The rest was missing there information. So, I was wonderimg if i needed 2.32 first or if there is just something wrong with the download? OR maybe I missed something. Thanks for reply in advance.

The file I uploaded is correct and contains everything. Please uncheck the download accelerator of sendspace and try again.

Ok, Yarkis I have done as you had instructed. And yes when i check to see all files in the zip folder it shows them all being there. But after I extract them i get errors in the back-up folder for NTW and Trom 2 core. And after i get those messages i continue to find that all other information has been lost. So, Any ideas to help me? Cause i am lost after the basic point and click.

Sounds like your downloaded file is corrupted. I downloaded the file myself and had no problem. The filesize should be 275281253.

OK, Yarkis i am not saying at all that this is a problem with your file. But, I think it might be something i have maybe but, I have all firewalls and antivirus software turned off. An when i download Trom2.4 form sendspace and extract the files. I'm still getting error messages. And the extrator is telling me that the files are broken. I have tried downloading the files with and without the accelerator. So, i am lost is there any help you can offer me are another mirror to download the file.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Good that trom2 isn't dead
    I'm downloading this new beta and I will post screens very soon

PS I live at 5 km from switzerland

EDIT: Downloaded

RE-EDIT: Same problem as "theslouch"
    The file is 275.281.253 byte but a lot of files are damaged
    Last edited by VENNONETES; July 22, 2012 at 06:57 AM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Default Re: TROM2 2.41 BETA *NEW 23.07.2012*

I'm downloading the new beta. I think the speed is very low.
    Why not upload to MODDB or Filefront? I think the speed of those webiste is faster!

lokuzzz's Avatar Laetus

hey guys,
    because some have problems with the download,
    i downloaded the mod via sendspace on the 7th july and today and both files were ok.
    i installed it and it worked very well.
    great mod btw

Any chance you could upload this to a better file host such as mediafire ? Sendspace and filefactory is stupidly slow

Thanks Yarkis, for the new mirror. Worked prefectly never could figure out the issue with Sendspace. But, Just quickfew comments on the Mod. I absolutely love it. I don't know if its because i haven't played trom in awhile but the smoke effects and the battles are just awesome. You really made a nice mod. I haven't tried naval battles yet but i will comment on them as soon as i do get a chance to play one. But, One thing i would like to see is more techs to research. But, that is just something i would like to see no big deal if it never happens cause the mod is still very top of the line. So thank you for you work and the help you provided to making the mod available for us.

Miralem's Avatar Libertus
    " This :wub: they call a country " - Bosnia and Herzegovina

I get a CTD whenever I try to start a new game!

My user.script :
    mod "trom2_winter_uniforms_submod.pack";
    mod "trom2_core.pack";
    mod "trom2_enable_1812_campaign.pack";
    mod "trom2_extras.pack";
    mod "trom2_text.pack";

Is something done wrong ( ps. I copied all those campagains thingies, tried to start with Russia and France, all go for like 10% of loading and than it crashes -.-' and there's no other mods! )

Can someone please help me solve my issue

Knyaz_Agovich
    Russian Field Marshall
    Spoiler for Mods I use

Remove the text pack. It has a different format and shouldn't be in the script. I recommend using the mod manager btw.

Excellent mod Yarkis.

It's very hard, as indeed it's intended to be.

It made even harder because there seems to be a problem (deliberate ?) with trade. I managed to take Venice at great cost with a view to getting a port.....

The thing is though, putting trade ships on the trade nodes doesn't work. They just sit there and don't show up on the trade summary or connect to existing trade routes. Therefore no sea trade.

Is this because Switzerland is land locked or just an oversight ?
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

Do you have a direct connectin between venice and switzerland on land? If yes then its a problem with the game I can' t fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Do you have a direct connectin between venice and switzerland on land? If yes then its a problem with the game I can' t fix.
    No. I don't. Italy and the Tyrol are in the way.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.

So I am thinking....since grenades have been removed, why not increase the number of men for grenadier units to be the same as standard line units. I just assumed grenadier units had fewer men in the base game to 'balance' the fact they had grenades?
    Last edited by yupper; August 26, 2012 at 03:46 AM.

Damn, I'm getting the same "corrupted files" error when trying to extract the Sendspace file, both with 7zip and Winrar. And unfortunatly the Filefactory links is dead. And I also can't find the files stord anywhere else :c Any help with dealing with this thingy would be much appreciated!

Expected to continue? 2.5? Or all over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast