Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105130145146147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3148

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I've been getting matchmaking with my Jumbo again, probably because all the Germans are grinding to reach the Leopard, but every game is against Tiger II and 10.5cm Tiger II and Panther II.

Comes Domesticorum

Also, German SPAA is so much better than all other SPAA and really too effective against tanks, that I think we need to go into further dates or cancelled projects to get a good America SPAA vehicle.

That 37mm flak truck was one of my favourite vehicles. Lethal.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Comes Domesticorum

The other ones are just absurdly overpowered. More armored than other SPAA, and they can basically just continuously press the trigger. Flying a plane or driving a tank is a nightmare around those.

Well...the M19 and ZSU-37 can easily destroy King Tigers, too. And the ZSU-57 can destroy anything it meets except for the Maus, but it will keep the gun barrel on that thing broken until something with better ammo comes along.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Well...the M19 and ZSU-37 can easily destroy King Tigers, too. And the ZSU-57 can destroy anything it meets except for the Maus, but it will keep the gun barrel on that thing broken until something with better ammo comes along.
    I think the ZSUs have a disadvantage in its ROF in shooting down planes and a German SPAA will destroy an enemy SPAA much faster than it can happen in return. I'd say that the biggest problem is the constant rapid fire from German SPAA, which basically means little skill needed in shooting down planes.

Comes Domesticorum

Lol, the M-26 is so overtiered it's not even funny...this grind is horrible gahhhh. At least once in a while I'll pop back into my Panther and play on easymode.

Depends on the Panther. As soon as the T-32 gets thrown into the mix, easy mode is over. You can't penetrate that thing, unless it presents its sides to you.

Comes Domesticorum

Depends on the Panther. As soon as the T-32 gets thrown into the mix, easy mode is over. You can't penetrate that thing, unless it presents its sides to you.
    You mean, you'll have to deal with what American tankers deal with all the time? [emoji14]

I don't have any problems penetrating Germans with my US tanks...the Russians however are problematic.

Most of the matches are US+Russia vs Germany though.

Comes Domesticorum

I don't have any problems penetrating Germans with my US tanks...the Russians however are problematic.

Most of the matches are US+Russia vs Germany though.
    What tier are you playing US tanks? My highest ranked tank is the Pershing and it can't penetrate Tiger II frontal armor (except the flat parts of the Tiger II front turret), or the Panther outside its turret.

Tier II currently.

In my experience, the Pershing gets through the lower glacis just fine on the Tiger II though and shooting the turret is generally the best tactic against the King Tiger anyway due to the glass cannon. If the hit to the turret doesn't kill it, it will at least take the Tiger's ability to fight back. And my front on the Panther F easily gets penetrated by Pershings even if I'm angled properly.
    Last edited by Prof; July 17, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

They're so pretty! If there's one thing that will get me into ground forces, it'll be the British tanks and my do they look good.

Comes Domesticorum

It's going to be so painful grinding to Centurion, because British tanks suck, but I'm glad they're finally going to be in game. It's going to be Tier IV, so I'm hopeful there's going to be a certain Chieftain at Tier V...
    Last edited by Stavroforos; July 28, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    It's going to be so painful grinding to Centurion, because British tanks suck, but I'm glad they're finally going to be in game. It's going to be Tier IV, so I'm hopeful there's going to be a certain Chieftain at Tier V...
    No no, they don't suck though!
    They sucked in WoT but British tanks either have great armour or great firepower and accuracy and speed and the way WT ground battles (at least the larger maps) work will work well for British tanks.
    This game is where they're going to shine... unless German fanboys throw a tantrum.
    I did already see somebody in the thread on the WT forum saying "Make the game realistic and move the Panther II and Tiger II 10.5 to tier IV" lol.

Comes Domesticorum

Of course the German fanboys will ruin them. Expect the Firefly to be ranked at like, 6.3, for no reason except that it can penetrate a Panther's frontal armor.

Still, the early tanks are pretty shite, but I'd recommend grinding through them quickly before the German fanboys make them as overtiered as most American armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    It's going to be so painful grinding to Centurion, because British tanks suck
    Not really, they're just often given way less credit than they're due. With the right BRs, they should perform well enough. For example, Crusaders are a match for the Panzer IIIs (-> up to BR 3.7), Cromwells for the Panzer IVs (-> up to BR 4.7), Comets for the Panthers (-> up to BR 6.0), and the Centurions would cover everything from 6.0 to 8.0 depending on their variants.

Comes Domesticorum

Allied tanks don't get proper BRs in War Thunder though, or else their forums crash with the German whine.

US tanks aren't that bad...only the T-54 1947.

More like British whine...same as with air forces, they are the most whiny branch of players...they will probably demand that the Chieftain gets a 5.0 BR.
    And the Russians are the ones constantly getting BR and physics-handouts while the Germans are the first ones to get new experimental mechanics, like lockup. (the first two aircraft, who got it were the G-10 and K-4)

The US get constantly beaten to a pulp with the nerfhammer though.
    And the Japanese get to pay for their own repair bill and that of the entire enemy team at the same time. xD
    Last edited by Prof; July 28, 2015 at 03:01 PM.