Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post

Rebel captains
    And finaly, it seems that rebel captain lack skin or something as he seems to be transparent.

Yes, but not only rebel captains. And really funny suprise, Aztec guards in my army..

jookoo's Avatar Foederatus

Good day!

This have been the mod i've been looking for since i put medieval 2 on the shelves, thank you!
    When i was going to start my first campaign i was a bit moved and a bit sadden by the fact our culture and history is being faded away, and hidden.

Anyway, enough of nationalist ramble - I started my first campaign(all patches installed - 1.1, 1.2, 1.3) with Gutland. Unfortunately i got quite a boiling rage in me when i heard the commanders, character etc spoke with an arabic dialect....... Anyway i checked another nation and it didnt have that problem. Could be the new factions in 1.3 that have this "bug"? (since i think i read that it was suppose to be fixed in 1.1)

Cheers! And once again - thanks for a most promising mod!

Quote Originally Posted by jookoo View Post
    Good day!

This have been the mod i've been looking for since i put medieval 2 on the shelves, thank you!
    When i was going to start my first campaign i was a bit moved and a bit sadden by the fact our culture and history is being faded away, and hidden.

Anyway, enough of nationalist ramble - I started my first campaign(all patches installed - 1.1, 1.2, 1.3) with Gutland. Unfortunately i got quite a boiling rage in me when i heard the commanders, character etc spoke with an arabic dialect....... Anyway i checked another nation and it didnt have that problem. Could be the new factions in 1.3 that have this "bug"? (since i think i read that it was suppose to be fixed in 1.1)

Cheers! And once again - thanks for a most promising mod!
    Glad you enjoy it
    To correct the annoying sound bug, simply find the 2 events files in your WotN/data/sounds folder (.dat and .idx I believe) and delete them. New sound files will be created upon restarting the game and no more sultan talk.

This issue will obviously be fixed in the next patch.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Here is old problem with CTD when reinforcements arrived on the battlefield. I see, there is used G5 ReallyBadAI in WotN.. I hope that some new version of G5 ReallyBadAI will remove this problem definitively.

Thank you! That worked. But are you aware of the other problems with Gutland? For example they have the rebel banner above their cities and the king has neither wife or any traits/retinues. The merchant which is spread across the north at the start (3 of them), they dont have any traits/retinues either. The last is perhaps mean to be, but i'm rather certain the banner thing isnt . Or would there be a simple way to fix this like with the sound bug?

Also, do not take this as complaints, i know its beta and i just want to help

A little edit (how do i edit my already posted comments in this forum btw? xD) - When i reload a save the correct banner shows up for some seconds, but after that it changes to the rebel banner .. again.

and this banner issue occurs when you are Gutland?
    i might have forgotten the faction symbols that is supposed to appear over empty setlements, but not sure that is the issue.
    also it is a good possibility that i messed up in Geomod and left a rebel army in the city, or something similar.

the trait issues is not intended, but on the other hand there will be all new traits for next patch. also a few ancillaries for the faction leaders, that is to act as royal titles - you got to collect them all...

regarding the battle CTD when reinforcements arrive.
    is that a common known bug for this AI, that would suggest it is not particular to our mod?
    do you know some "easy" fix for this bug?

and them Aztec guards has been expelled...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Yes, I've only experienced it as Gutland. And this applies to all my settlements. The settlements that does not have a garrison has the banner of Egypt(3 moons), once again - this only occurs when i'm Gutland. The characters such as merchant, spy etc has the arab "portrait" at the recruitmen screen also(they dont once recruited). So somethnig seems a bit messed up

Can you answer if the next patch is close for release?
    Anyhow, keep up the good work! I like the potentials of this mod

Perhaps i should add that all the units also have the independent faction/rebel banner.

you are quite correct. there seem to be happening a change of faction symbol once Gutland encounters rebels.
    you can turtle on the island many turns without symbol change, but as soon as there is contect it become the Rebel faction symbol.
    honestly i have no clue what could cause this...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Hello! I shall keep reporting the little things i found to help you out:

A witch spawned in one of the provinces and its seems they do not have any names to be applied to them since this one was.. nameless. There was just an empty space where the name should be.

I had another thought regarding the viking(rebel) fleets. Have you thought of lowering the amount of rebel fleets. Because now i can barely go anywhere on the map with my fleets without being totally surrounded. And it's kinda game-breaking since the fleets are huge, and there no way to withdraw since they cover up every open space around you.
    That's all - Is this the correct place report this? And is it any help that i do or do you have other people helping you out?
    Last edited by jookoo; October 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Hello! I have a question, in the patch 1.3 the new factions (Kvenland, Gotland, Møre and Krivich.) does not join the war with the rebels/independent faction its my mistake or does it happens to everyone?

PD: I love this mod, congratulations to the creator

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Been playing 1.3 for a while now, only experienced one random crash on a settlement when i selected some boat to be built. Awesome mod!

Don't preorder games!

I have problem with denmark in first siege like that:www.gamefront.com/files/22582487/logs.rar
    Last edited by tibu17; November 01, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

I have been playing the new 3.2 patch and playing as Kvenland, the starting king and prince have bodygaurds of Valtihau Vartiat, and all other generals that come afterward have Bodygaurd listed in desc, and show up on battle map as late dismounted hvy scotts. Great so far, love the unit banners. They look very simple, but have a sort of rune look to them, great idea.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Quote Originally Posted by jookoo View Post
    Hello! I shall keep reporting the little things i found to help you out:

A witch spawned in one of the provinces and its seems they do not have any names to be applied to them since this one was.. nameless. There was just an empty space where the name should be.

I had another thought regarding the viking(rebel) fleets. Have you thought of lowering the amount of rebel fleets. Because now i can barely go anywhere on the map with my fleets without being totally surrounded. And it's kinda game-breaking since the fleets are huge, and there no way to withdraw since they cover up every open space around you.
    That's all - Is this the correct place report this? And is it any help that i do or do you have other people helping you out?
    i guess we have not put to much thought towards agents such as witches, heretics and inquistors. i thought they had been disabled...
    rebel fleet need a check, you should be able to survive the initial turns at sea, at least when playing any of the viking factions. after all, YOU are the pirate...
    if you use patch 1.3.2 the traits has been re-made as to represent skills in management and command. in addition i would like a similar tree for seafaring generals. but due to force major development was cut short this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    Been playing 1.3 for a while now, only experienced one random crash on a settlement when i selected some boat to be built. Awesome mod!
    do you remember which settlement and what type of boat, also which faction?

Quote Originally Posted by tibu17 View Post
    I have problem with denmark in first siege like that:www.gamefront.com/files/22582487/logs.rar
    you are using patch 1.3 or earlier?
    was siege against Franks?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Nebula View Post
    I have been playing the new 3.2 patch and playing as Kvenland, the starting king and prince have bodygaurds of Valtihau Vartiat, and all other generals that come afterward have Bodygaurd listed in desc, and show up on battle map as late dismounted hvy scotts. Great so far, love the unit banners. They look very simple, but have a sort of rune look to them, great idea.
    i will remove the vanilla boduguards for next patch. i have just kept them out of lazyness, but they cause problems when they are listed before WotN bodyguards.
    deleting scotland from any other bodyguard entry than Valtaihau, from "export_descr_unit", would solve the mistake.
    Last edited by absinthia; November 03, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

This is not a bug, but just my opinion on one of the units, playing as Hame, and the unit Miekkamiehet, the swordsman, are a little weak. My peasants are easily taking them down because of thier low numbers. They surround them and get at thier backs. IMO, they either need to be made stronger, or have thier numbers increased. I boosted thier numbers to 40/unit, wich gave them 50 soildiers, and that seemed to help them out alot. They can now perform as I think they are supposed to. Just thought I'd make a suggestion.

Here are a few bugs I have encountered trying out the Franks.

Lucnici merc unit missing texture.

Wisperi rebel unit totally invisible except captain.

Scutarii Minores get frozen in place when they go into battle. Commanding them to re-attack will start them going again for awhile, then freeze again, sometimes becoming totally frozen in place. Perhaps missing animation?

All factions show at war with the Franks, the Franks show at war with no one.

Get a CTD when going on battle map with rebel unit Ceorl Garheap, error log says they are misssing alot of resources.

Is the reworked traits/ancilleries working as you want them to now? Because every (new)character now seems to have a maximum of 1 or 2 traits or none at all. The merchants/dimplomats etc doesn't have any traits and doesn't seem to gain any traits.
    Bug or feature?

-edit: double post-