Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

The Danevirke can be used as a resource. I saw a trader making 600 gold per turn on it

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Today i downloaded this mod, played it and i enjoyded it, textures looked great! But playing as Häme, generals and captainshad arabic voice, will voices changed in future patch? And when i was playing, some textures were shiny and grey/white. But anyhow, i liked this mod, i want say good work Wrath of the Norseman team!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    The Danevirke can be used as a resource. I saw a trader making 600 gold per turn on it
    Well, that sort of makes sense..
    Fortifications means blockade - blockade means limited access - limited access means possibility to tax people who wish pass!

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Not bugs as such, but observations:

Also, I believe weapon upgrades add to melee attack, meaning upgrading the bowmaster to level 2 means the bowmen will only benefit from it when going into melee.
    I'm pretty sure that's an engine limitation. I find it really rather frustrating, myself, but I imagine we all do. It's a small matter, in the end; we all just have to work with what we're given.

Actually, it might be more to our advantage this way. Increasing melee damage makes archers allows you to leave them in slightly more vulnerable positions that offer better lines of fire against the enemy without having to worry about them being slaughtered so quickly when the enemy move to engage them in close combat.

New patch out, first post updated, let me know how it works out!

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    Will it require a new game, or is it save-game compatible?

Not sure, let me know

Recommend to start over though

Excellent! I'll get right on testing it. Anything in particular that you think needs looking at? Specific stuff you want tested?

Not sure, let me know

Recommend to start over though
    Looks to be save-game compatible so far. At least it'll still run fine - not sure if all changes are in.

if i am not mistaken save-games does not recognize edited/new campaign scripts.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Kinda gameplay bugs:
    1. Too many traders, hence, not enough trade resourses=)
    2. Too much money and a little mercenaries (veryhard\veryhard for Gouthland). So, I got 25-30k and couldn't exchange it to troops

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Looks to be save-game compatible so far. At least it'll still run fine - not sure if all changes are in.
    I chose not to do my scripting plans for patch 1.2 to be able to send it out faster and resolve the "ugliest" of the bugs. So no new scripts are in except of course the money script for Rygjalandi and Prusi (which is significant for their survival). All other changes should be in so you can continue your game.

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    Kinda gameplay bugs:
    1. Too many traders, hence, not enough trade resourses=)
    2. Too much money and a little mercenaries (veryhard\veryhard for Gouthland). So, I got 25-30k and couldn't exchange it to troops
    Thanks, this is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. If you want to make sure you have a little less money, build barrack tree in all towns and make karlar, bogmenn and Bændr untill you can upgrade to palisade. After that you will get access to much better and more expensive units.

I don't know if this is a bug, but after a system restore and installing the new patch, the game runs crazily slow (laggy). Anyone know why this could occur?

After a system restore + installing the new patch, my game lags really badly. Anyone have any idea why this might be? It's unusual for me, as it never happens.

Vestfold Konung has a trait 'Alchemist' http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9594/alch.jpg

Never mind my posts, it seems to be fine now.

Ijust installed new patch and started playing as kursi, all is fine just noticed that rebel general has no texture, concretly when I was conuering ragaine settlement,

btw: I dont have a log for the UI error, thought if it happens again Iwill save one

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Hi first I must say that this is en exelent mod that I have waited a long time for

Now to the bug:

I have played as the Swedes after the turn 49 the game crashes when its the Franks turn.

The errors messages is always :

"Medievel 2 Totalwar an unspecified error and will now exit"

So its soemthing wrong with the Franks I guess.

Welcome to the forums!
    It will always say that on the last line but I'd need more info if you could copy it all and toss it into a spoiler here I could take a look at it.
    Also if you tried to open console and type toggle_fow you could follow the Franks and see what seems to cause the crash.

Thanks

It was a really long time ago I played this serie so I cant remeber how to open the console ?