Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

On the Scutarii Minore problem of the freezes, the EDU lists sword as sec weapon, should be none, fixes problem.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Nebula View Post
    Here are a few bugs I have encountered trying out the Franks.

Lucnici merc unit missing texture.

Wisperi rebel unit totally invisible except captain.

Scutarii Minores get frozen in place when they go into battle. Commanding them to re-attack will start them going again for awhile, then freeze again, sometimes becoming totally frozen in place. Perhaps missing animation?

All factions show at war with the Franks, the Franks show at war with no one.

Get a CTD when going on battle map with rebel unit Ceorl Garheap, error log says they are misssing alot of resources.
    i became aware of the Scutiarii problem just after uploading the patch...
    it will be fixed in next patch.
    also the Lucini error will be fixed.

i am a bit confused as to the "Wisperi" rebel unit, what is that?
    could it either be one of the Saxon-Frisian units that has a on-screen name i do not recognize?
    or if it is a faulty rebel entry for a specific region?
    could you please explain where/how you came across this Wisperi?

Quote Originally Posted by jookoo View Post
    Is the reworked traits/ancilleries working as you want them to now? Because every (new)character now seems to have a maximum of 1 or 2 traits or none at all. The merchants/dimplomats etc doesn't have any traits and doesn't seem to gain any traits.
    Bug or feature?
    due to personal circumstances development was cut short. i figured i rather upload a partial patch(1.3.2), rather than keeping it in hiatus.
    the amount of traits in general has been severely pruned. there are 2 main trait trees that represent a characters skills toward command and management. these branch out into more specific skills such as Infantry Command, Taxcollection, Siege Defence and etc. at the base of these skills are a born traits that give a character extra boost in one of the main trees.

then there are some set of conditional traits given at birth. these have no effect on the 2 main attributes Command and Management(Piety), but rather concern Local Popularity, Chivalry-Dread, Law and etc.
    these traits are ment to set a characters personality - wether he is Bright or Dim, Moderate or Severe, Religious or Rational, Cultural or Savage etc. in addition to adding a sense of personalty, these conditional traits could affect how a character react on certain events, such as religion change.
    the initiall characters has been given some traits, but i expect those that come of age to get more of the conditional ones.

my intention is to have a simpler and more transparent set of traits than M2TW vanilla. it should be quite easy to assess a characters abilities, not having to wade through a multitude of BS traits that cancel each other out.
    overall there are no negative traits, the baseline value for attributes are zero. some of the conditional traits might have seemingly negative effects, but they usually also have a bonus as well. vice versa for the conditional traits that seem to have positive effects.

agents has not been given traits this time around. honestly, in general i do find most of them quite useless. in particular assassins and merchants, they usually end up lost...
    princessess and diplomats are somewhat usefull as diplomacy is important. spies also, even though i have not used them as much, and the same for priests.

merchants and priests i would like to be recruitable based on actions and events, as not to flood the map with them. so i am looking for a scheme that can make these agents a more usefull and powerfull tool.

the next patch will most likely focus on bug-fixing, rather than content.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

when I try to download patch 1.3.2 all I get is the white screen that says "forbidden"

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

About the Wisperi unit, it was a Frissian rebel, the fisherman entry I believe, I was playing the franks.

Merc units Huskarlar and Dullaini (Baltic Forester in EDU) both show up with no skins. The attribute 'mercenary_unit' is missing in each entry in the EDU, they work as intended once added.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    when I try to download patch 1.3.2 all I get is the white screen that says "forbidden"
    must have been a temporary hick-up by gamefront, the download should be working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Nebula View Post
    About the Wisperi unit, it was a Frissian rebel, the fisherman entry I believe, I was playing the franks.

Merc units Huskarlar and Dullaini (Baltic Forester in EDU) both show up with no skins. The attribute 'mercenary_unit' is missing in each entry in the EDU, they work as intended once added.
    awgh, damn... i think i forgott to add the mercenary_unit attribute to many of the new mercs.
    i suppose i will need to re-check the frisian and Saxon rebel/merc units as there were reported some problem with a Saxon Ceorl unit as well.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

How do I get the preference.cfg/txt to work?
    the green arrows and banners have to go and the game is launched in a small window where you cannot rotate the camera. I also want to remove some of the animations in battles, like the slow and often occurring shield-punch, and also remove all the movies, for example when you breach the gates or a general dies.. most of this can be done in preferences right? but that file wont work for me so far. help appreciated!
    Last edited by Aguirre; November 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I started play 1.3.2 patch and here are some issues I have encountered:
    1.) New factions and playlable Franks are using vanila Horses (papal Franks in contrary uses the correct ones).
    2.) The pope is not out of the map as it is written in the patch changelog but instead he is located north of Osnabruck.
    3.) I have also experienced quite frequent battle ctds during custom battles which didnt happen in older versions of the game.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; November 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

I have install the mod but can only play in windowed mode. Anyone else having this problem? I have other mods installed and have not had this issue.

Domesticus

Go to the .ctg or .ctf file(not sure the exact name) in the Wrath of the Norsemen folder, open it with word, and change the Windowed Mode=True to False

Anyway, I got bug reports....

Silver Surfer for the Rebel Captains
    Silver Surfer Mercenaries(forgot the name, but its a type of sailor recruited in Southern Sweden)
    EXTREME AMOUNTS OF PIRATES. I literally cannot use ships without a horde of like 5000 ships jumping on me. I dont know if thats a feature or a bug Needs to be fixed

Otherwise, no CTDs or anything on my end. Playing as Sweden

For some reason game only runs windowed, which makes it really hard to play, especially in the aspect of controlling the camera.

you can easily change that setting by rewriting one entry in cfg file

go to Medieval II/mods/WotN/WotNbeta.cfg open the file in notepad or some simmilar text editor

find [video] and rewrite windowed = true to windowed = false

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

one more mirror on MEGA

EDIT:hmm seems like wrong thread indeed
    Last edited by IVIarkI2I; February 14, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Wrong thread, no?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I've downloaded the 1.3.2 Full and manage to install and start the game, but when im in loadingscreen before a battle the crashes with an "unexpected error". does anyone have the solution for that?

Hi, Im not sure if I am posting this in the right thread (I dont know if thats a bug or not), but the land textures just seem pretty weird. I mean, the whole mod is awesome, I love the scale of it and how its all prepared in awesome detail, its just the visuals of the world map (land, mountain textures) that just seem... too bad? I dont really know. Is it just me or is that the way its supposed to be? Is it like a placeholder for future versions? Or did I forget to copy something, something got lost? It seems as if the textures were in really really bad quality. Even the vanilla medieval 2 total war game has much cleaner and less pixely textures.

Now, if it seems as if Im complaining, Im not! Really . Im just confused/curious?

This mod is great and all the unit skins! But one thing is bugging me and that is the unit size. I know that battles in that time was small scales but not that small!

Is it possible for anyone of you in the team to increase the size of the units so that the Franks can at least have like 3000 soldiers in their armies?

Kveldulf's Avatar Laetus

Hey all, I've finally gotten around to playing WotN again after a few months, I remember I stopped playing due to being unable to start a new campaign.
    Getting the same issue again. I've completely wiped it from my system, and reinstalled up to the latest patch at least three times now, but still no luck.
    I know that it is the 1.3 patch that is causing this issue.
    No matter which faction I choose, whenever I hit start campaign, it takes me back to the single player screen. Any ideas?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I had the same issue, but than I deleted and redownloaded the mod and also reinstaled M2TW and now this issue does not bugs me anymore.

Anyway, game seems to be pretty stable I am now more than fifty turns in Swedish campaign and did not noticed any campaign CTD except one which happen every time I enter one specific battle with the large Gautish army. I have tried this battle several times (at least 5) I have tried to attack the enemy army from various sides and even lowering the grafic settings to minimum but I got CTD every time when mine and enemy forces was just about to clash. It seems that this CTD is not caused by any specific unit as I have tried every single of the involved units in diferent battles and did not noticed any CTDs. At the end I have decided to leave the Gautish army alone and turn my attention to Danmark and have not noticed any similar problems anymore (offcourse I have payed for leaving enemy behind my back and the Gautish army in question ambushed and completly destroyed my reinforcing army which I trained and sent south-west to reinforce my main force). I tried to add the attachment of the save game made just before this battle to this post but every time I got message saying it is invalid file-

I also still have some random custom battle CTDs which I have not noticed prior to patch 1.3 (It seems that theese ctds are totaly random and I have not managed to find any conection between them and any specific unit or faction).

Other issues I have encountered are only cosmetic ones and most of them I have alredy reported:
    - vanila horses for cavalry units of 4 new factions added in patch 1.3 and HRE Franks.
    - pope on campaign map
    - some strange thing appearing on the back of Slavic mounted bodygurda when zooming in.
    - rebel capitains and mercanery Skánskir Leidangsfólk miss skins
    - the animation of Kvänland horsemen seems to be bugged as the shields of the unit appear to fly in the sky when unit is throwing javelins.
    - some units (mainly mercanery) lacks proper unit card pictures (they appear with vanila RTW peasant picture)
    - there is still many immersion breaking vanila event pictures
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; April 19, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Just downloaded beta 1.5, well done by the way, and the Erzemon archers for the Franks has a glitch with the bow looking rather deformed.

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

frankish minores scutari doesn't fight in battle. just staying there and dying. i don't know if these are the only frankish units which cannot fight. frankish heirs or adopted generals have late medieval foot knights as bodyguards.