Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

...You guys have got to do something about the voices. I swear, with every Viking mod, the voices are just plain awful. You guys couldn't have at the least gave them the Eastern European accent?

I'm playing with the 1.5 version.
    At turn 32 on Moerks Faction i get CTD every time passing the turn. There is no character coming of age, just building and training some units.
    I tried load a older savegame but still crashes when trying pass turn 32.
    I get the warning "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I have not yet tried with another faction.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

These are the bugs i have found in my SUB-MOD and i assume they are the same as in the previous version?

1. Gutland crashes at "next turn" at turn 5 to 6.

My question is where can i see the log for the crash? I din't find anything in the "logs"-folder.

2. Kwenland mercenaries are silversurfers when hired by the Swebiuö.

Anyone knows what this usually means?

3. Freyseyr-settlement is a "mountainous terrain" and neither the player nor the computer can move troops. They just stand where they start, and this makes realtime-battles impossible in this settlement -i had to automatically resolve it and lost.

Anyone knows if this is a bug with the campaign map?

4. Kwenlands bodyguard sometimes consist of very powerful dismounted knights -anyone know where i can read about how to fix this?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 17, 2016 at 06:42 PM.

it been so long since i worked on M2TW that i hardly remember anything, i do not even remember how to turn on the various levels of loging. you shold look in the M2TW mod workshop for guidance.
    it could possibly be something to do with agents, traits or faulty strat-model/texture.

it would most likely be a bad entry in the Battle Models DB file concerning that unit and Svitjod.

yes it would seem like a map bug.

M2TW mod workshop is the place for help. the export_descr_unit (EDU) most likely has a redundant unit that was once used as a placeholder.

i am sorry that i could not be of better asistance. keep up the good work though.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    it been so long since i worked on M2TW that i hardly remember anything, i do not even remember how to turn on the various levels of loging. you shold look in the M2TW mod workshop for guidance.
    it could possibly be something to do with agents, traits or faulty strat-model/texture.

it would most likely be a bad entry in the Battle Models DB file concerning that unit and Svitjod.

yes it would seem like a map bug.

M2TW mod workshop is the place for help. the export_descr_unit (EDU) most likely has a redundant unit that was once used as a placeholder.

i am sorry that i could not be of better asistance. keep up the good work though.
    Tnx for your kind anwer . I managed to solve the first one by reading in the mod workshop.

And when it comes to the silversurfers i do know that it's quite easy to change the bodyguard unit. Now i will just have to see if the model.db-file has unused models or if i shall use some ordinary model for the bodyguard.

A map bug is to hard for me to solve. I will have to read up on that one!

Yes, i will post an update on mod-db when all the bugs (maybe not the map bug) are done.

A Captain bug in which the Captains for many units were silver surfers have been fixed- "4 merc" added to alot of the captains in the bmdb-file.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hello! This mod looks amazing, however could you tell me how to install it? I have tried multiple times and can only play custom battles thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clee23 View Post
    Hello! This mod looks amazing, however could you tell me how to install it? I have tried multiple times and can only play custom battles thanks!
    Do you use Steam or the CD?

I don't know about Steam..

Just place the extracted mod like this:

Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN - and start it by doubleclicking the .bat-file named WotNbeta.

It's not very hard, but make sure when extracting that you don't get two WotN-folders.

Also, make sure it is named "WotN" and not "WotN.2" or something like that.

And to be sure if your problem is that it is crashing when trying to play the campaign - delete the .rvm-file in mods/WotN/Data/World/Maps/Base.

And also play one custom battle before you start the campaign - as this was needed for some people in game of Thrones and may as well be needed in this one.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Thanks alot for the fast reply! I tried but its still the same. I can play custom battles, which i played a couple of now, but the option to start a campaign isnt there I use steam.
    Last edited by Clee23; July 16, 2017 at 09:17 AM.

ahh you can only start a campaign by starting a hotseat campaign?

ok, played a custom battle before i started a hotseat campaign, however the game crashed when i started the campaign

Thanks alot for the fast reply! I tried but its still the same. I can play custom battles, which i played a couple of now, but the option to start a campaign isnt there I use steam.
    I think you are just missing out on the actual menu..

It is written "Baltic" something after clicking single player - click there for campaign.

It may not look like a clickable menu but it is.

It's not just a text.

- The Havamal

ahh you can only start a campaign by starting a hotseat campaign?
    Both singleplayer and hotseat works - but hotseat doesn't work if you don't change the name of the campaign_scripts to something else (for now) - and then rename the "campaign_scripts_hotseat" into "campaign_scripts".

I suggest against playing hotseat because that will render the scripts useless and the economy will be almost impossible.

The single player campaign is the best experience where you get money after won battles etc.

- The Havamal

ok, played a custom battle before i started a hotseat campaign, however the game crashed when i started the campaign
    You didn't read my article it would seem, because i wrote that hotseat won't work unless the file campaign_scripts is replaced with the other one by changing the name of both files.

The single player works, you just did the same mistake as another guy by not "finding" the clickable "Baltic Campaign" at single player/baltic campaign..

The menu is kinda odd as the "Baltic Campaign"-text looks like a title.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 17, 2017 at 01:27 PM.

- The Havamal

hey guys I wanna ask something
    where can I find good historical resources to put them in a mod because there is little resources of some area at some eras in history but people still manage to find good things can someone advice me of a good vikings history resources especially abt what they wore in battle and divisions in battle as well as unit

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorRafik View Post
    hey guys I wanna ask something
    where can I find good historical resources to put them in a mod because there is little resources of some area at some eras in history but people still manage to find good things can someone advice me of a good vikings history resources especially abt what they wore in battle and divisions in battle as well as unit
    Look on google and Wikipedia.

- The Havamal

Civis

Hi, I might have found an error. Have you disabled sea trading? Or do you need some higher level harbour to start trading?
    In my settlement trade screen I find no trade info about sea trade, not internal or with other factions. There are also no green (or even blue?) trade routes on my campaign screen. It was working ok in the previous version.
    I am playing as Rygjalandi.

Regards

Trym

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    Hi, I might have found an error. Have you disabled sea trading? Or do you need some higher level harbour to start trading?
    In my settlement trade screen I find no trade info about sea trade, not internal or with other factions. There are also no green (or even blue?) trade routes on my campaign screen. It was working ok in the previous version.
    I am playing as Rygjalandi.

Regards

Trym
    All i can say is i haven't touched any such areas of the mod.

So it should work or it has not worked before.

- The Havamal

Civis

Sorry, I checked with my old version again and its no sea trade there either.....
    That is very strange though. There was trade down the norwegian coast down through the english channel long before the viking age.
    That was what vikings did anyway Exploring for new trade routes. And some brutal raiding of cource.
    Maybe it can be implemented in the future?

Trym

Libertus

Hello, i know the answer to the question.It is because there are no port buildings that provide trade fleet like the merchants wharf in the vanilla mtw 2.This has been the case in the mod always.I don´t know why the earlier creators decided to go without trade fleets maybe they were meant to be place later or to make the game more difficult on financial state.It could be smart to add atleast one trade fleet into a the port chain but i´m not sure how much it would effect the enocomy and we could also use the word of absinthia (original developer) in this matter.