Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

Default Re: modding campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by mons View Post
    You might want to ask Spartan warrior.. he seems to know ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...548643&page=20 )
    but then again.. i'm a complete nitwit on this topic and i'm not sure what your problems are ..
    Oh and I think it might be beneficial for less competent modders to post on the thread because it would attract more attention?
    The main problem is that there isn't any documentation explaining how to use the modding tools to change the map, so Spartan warrior is pretty much the only person able to make anything.

The post you linked to just explained how to make new land by editing the height map but doesn't explain how to add anything to this new area (without adding pathfinding units can't even walk on it). So while it's the first step it's not the complete process.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I suppose the first step that someone needs to document on is something extremely simple in comparison to a global overhaul, such as adding a new town.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    It's difficult to do this yourself when there aren't any guide explaining what to do. Unless you can figure out 3Dmax and how to use the official tools by yourself you simply can't do anything.
    That's the point, and why we didn't receive an editor before now. This is not entry-level modification. You need some experience working with Max and other editors before jumping into the deep end. Fortunately there are endless tutorials for 3dsmax, but it's still a lot to learn before manipulating the campaign maps successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Livebyte View Post
    That's the point, and why we didn't receive an editor before now. This is not entry-level modification. You need some experience working with Max and other editors before jumping into the deep end. Fortunately there are endless tutorials for 3dsmax, but it's still a lot to learn before manipulating the campaign maps successfully.
    Well it's clear from your post that you have no idea what the problems are. Even if you know how to use 3D Max you won't know how you need to modify these files so that the official tools can use them or even what formate you need to save them as. That's why we need a guide to explain what we need to do.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

The main problem is that there isn't any documentation explaining how to use the modding tools to change the map, so Spartan warrior is pretty much the only person able to make anything.
    And obviously he learned it by itself, so it's possibly.

hi guys i tried to add a region. after changing the boshin.max file i processed it by bob the make it playable. i packed it and tried to play that with the game. it crashed. didnt work. for some reason when u add a new region either bob or the game gives errors.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim028 View Post
    hi guys i tried to add a region. after changing the boshin.max file i processed it by bob the make it playable. i packed it and tried to play that with the game. it crashed. didnt work. for some reason when u add a new region either bob or the game gives errors.
    bob just gives an error like this "ERROR: Invalid region name found: 䚬ྊꇴ᠞
    Failed to read and convert fileFailed."

i edited db but still same error.

Guys,
    Where can i download the BOB tool?
    Thanks

The entire Assembly kit, which contains BOB, can be downloaded in the tools section of library, steam.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

You will find them in CA Shogun 2 - Modder Pack Content through Steam.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Thanks,
    got it.
    Now is there no tutorial how to use the BOB tool?
    How do i start, etc........
    I'm just a newbie in those things.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

You will find some informations in CA's Total War Wiki
    You can also check Tools, Tutorials and Resources sub-forum, particularly the How to use the Official Modding Tools thread.
    Last edited by wangrin; February 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

How do you create a heightmap?

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    How do you create a heightmap?
    if you google height u will find lots of them. and another way to that is using arcgis take a topographic map and convert that into height map with using photoshop.

if you google height u will find lots of them. and another way to that is using arcgis take a topographic map and convert that into height map with using photoshop.
    thanks,but how do you put it in game?
    So then you can see youre map inside the game

thanks,but how do you put it in game?
    So then you can see youre map inside the game
    for boshin map u must put it in the C:\modding\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Heightmap directory than open bob and select height map than click start if u also click mod.pack under retail/data u should have it packed. but if u dont click mod.pack than u will have the processed files under C:\modding\working_data\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Heightmap directory.

height map dont actualy give u what u want. so if u want to have good new mapu need new texture. u should use stupid.exe to extract the original texture as bitmap and by sampling what u found u should have a new map. than u must pack it with stupid.exe again to use it.

for boshin map u must put it in the C:\modding\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Heightmap directory than open bob and select height map than click start if u also click mod.pack under retail/data u should have it packed. but if u dont click mod.pack than u will have the processed files under C:\modding\working_data\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Heightmap directory.
    thanks,i got it.
    now the heightmap has to be a .tif file?
    Does it has to be a special size to fit in the game?
    Sorry to ask those things.
    I'm a greenie in those things.
    Last edited by izzi; February 21, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

thanks,i got it.
    now the heightmap has to be a .tif file?
    Does it has to be a special size to fit in the game?
    Sorry to ask those things.
    I'm a greenie in those things.
    it has to be a tiff file which is 8192*8192 size and most importantly grayscale index version. actualy u can find that out by the sample file .

it has to be a tiff file which is 8192*8192 size and most importantly grayscale index version. actualy u can find that out by the sample file .
    Got it.
    Now i did everything,but when i open the campaign,i see nothing (only the map of japan).
    Do i have to create the textures or something with the stupid tool?