Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: modding campaign map

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: modding campaign map

Many thanks for your help again Sarah. 255 should hopefully do

Hi Everyone,

I have some trouble with modding Shogun 2 & would like to ask for help.
    I edited some start_pos XML files using TWeak to change some things I didn't like about the region religions, buildings and building specialties in vanilla. However I'm having trouble with exporting them as a mod pack that I can run.

I first tried the DaVE instructions here https://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Steam_Wo...de_(TWS2).html but unfortunately, the tables I changed (example is start_pos_regions) are not listed in the Table Export's list of tables.

I then tried to follow the instructions here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...h-Assembly-Kit and it seemed like I was getting somewhere, even though BOB was capturing many more tables than I wanted. Unfortunately, this always ends in error when BOB does "Process start pos", for some reason, this triggers my Shogun 2 game to start, and by the time I close the game, BOB tells me that the process failed. As you can see in my screenshot.

It's been more than a decade since I played around with the text files in Rome and M2TW so I wasn't expecting success on my first day. However I do not know what to try next.

I would appreciate the help anyone in this forum can extend. Thank you!

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

Another silly question: is it possible to hide a port behind a settlement model on the strat map? Or do I need to move one of them slightly on the side?

I already have my map finished but still can't find a way to add forests, waterfalls and those details.
    Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.