Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

Default Re: modding campaign map

Do you mean when you come to the "choose clan screen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    Do you mean when you come to the "choose clan screen"?
    after when i alredy choosed a clan.

QUOTE=izzi;12614530]after when i alredy choosed a clan.[/QUOTE]

of course u have to. u must use stupid.exe to extract supertexture under C:\modding\working_data\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Supertexture directory. u can use photoshop to create a new one by sampling the old one. after that u should pack it back and that is it. dont forget to look for the size of the original if u do larger map game will crash. and also u will see that alpha map is exactly like height map so u can use height map to create alpha map. and green color on the other map is important too. good luck with that i did actualy created one with the korea in it but creation of the regions and borders is exhausting so i stopped for now i am gonna be a father to baby girl next month

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim028 View Post
    QUOTE=izzi;12614530]after when i alredy choosed a clan.
    of course u have to. u must use stupid.exe to extract supertexture under C:\modding\working_data\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Supertexture directory. u can use photoshop to create a new one by sampling the old one. after that u should pack it back and that is it. dont forget to look for the size of the original if u do larger map game will crash. and also u will see that alpha map is exactly like height map so u can use height map to create alpha map. and green color on the other map is important too. good luck with that i did actualy created one with the korea in it but creation of the regions and borders is exhausting so i stopped for now i am gonna be a father to baby girl next month[/QUOTE]

Ok,now i have stupid.exe.
    but when i try to open supertexture with the stupid.exe.
    It doesn't work.
    Only a fast black box opens and then shuts down.
    And then,how do i make a texture for the map?
    Because when you talk about alpha map and etc...,for me its tough to understand,as i am a greenie for it.
    Maybe if you have a step by step tutorial for me,it will be easyer for me.
    But i am alredy very gratefull for youre help.
    And also most important: Congrats for youre coming baby!

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    of course u have to. u must use stupid.exe to extract supertexture under C:\modding\working_data\campaign_maps\bos_japan\display\Supertexture directory. u can use photoshop to create a new one by sampling the old one. after that u should pack it back and that is it. dont forget to look for the size of the original if u do larger map game will crash. and also u will see that alpha map is exactly like height map so u can use height map to create alpha map. and green color on the other map is important too. good luck with that i did actualy created one with the korea in it but creation of the regions and borders is exhausting so i stopped for now i am gonna be a father to baby girl next month
    It doesn't work.
    Because when you talk about alpha map and etc...,for me its tough to understand,as i am a greenie for it.
    And also most important: Congrats for youre coming baby![/QUOTE]

thanks.
    u must use cmd or just put supertexture.stpi and supertexture.stpd and stupid exe on c:\ directory. than open notepad write "stupid exract supertexture map1 0 0 32 32 " than save it as "exract.bat" . than run the extract.bat that should extract the map as 2 files map1 and map1.alpha files.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim028 View Post
    It doesn't work.
    And also most important: Congrats for youre coming baby!
    thanks.
    u must use cmd or just put supertexture.stpi and supertexture.stpd and stupid exe on c:\ directory. than open notepad write "stupid exract supertexture map1 0 0 32 32 " than save it as "exract.bat" . than run the extract.bat that should extract the map as 2 files map1 and map1.alpha files.[/QUOTE]

It seems that i did something wrong.
    Because i did just as you say,but stil nothing.
    I put the 3 files (supertexture.stpd , supertexture.stpi and stupid.exe) together in a map on the C: directory.
    I mean it creates a bat file (after i saved with notepad).
    But when i click on it,it pops up fast and goes away.
    What if i do it with the cmd?
    I have to type in it (C:\Windows\system32>.........)

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Supertexture Tool and tutorial : Stupid from Crux3d

1. S2TW SUPERTEXTURE

S2TW supertexture can be find in campaign_maps\..._japan\display\supertexture folder from data.pack

To use Stupid, you have to :
      • extract supertexture files in the same folder as stupid.exe
      • use SHIFT + right clic on the folder and select "open command windows here"
      • use command line below depending of your goal

Exemple :
      • extract sho_japan supertexture in a C:\s2tw folder
      • launch cmd
      • use this command line : stupid extract "C:\s2tw\supertexture" "C:\s2tw\test" 0 0 50 32

supertexture is the name of supertexture files (supertexture.stpi and .stpd)
      test is the name of extracted bitmap from supertexture files

Bitmap I've extracted are particularly big : 25600x16384 pixels.

2. SUPERTEXTURE PREVIEW :

• CLI
        stupid preview <path to supertexture> <path to extracted preview bitmaps>

example:
        stupid preview "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\supertexture.pack\world_" empire_preview

• ETW and NTW
        Stupid writes 2 bitmaps :
        • a colour map (filename.bmp);
        • an alpha map (filename.alpha.bmp) that defines where water is.
          Both files provide a minified view of supertexture.

Stupid also writes some basic information about the supertexture to the console

• S2TW
        Stupid writes 2 bitmaps :
        • a colour map (filename.bmp)
        • a normal map (filename.normal.bmp)

Both files provide a minified view of supertexture.
        Stupid also writes some basic information about the supertexture to the console.

3. EXTRACTING SUPERTEXTURE

• CLI
        stupid extract <path to supertexture> <path to extracted bitmaps> <x position of first tile to extract> <y position of first tile to extract> <width in tiles of the extracted section> <height in tiles of the extracted section>

example:
        stupid extract "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaign_maps\nap_europe\display\Supertexture\supertexture" nap_europe_tile 8 8 16 16

• ETW and NTW
        Stupid writes two bitmaps :
        • a colour bitmap (filename.bmp) ;
        • an alpha map (filename.alpha.bmp) that define where water is ;

Both files contain a subsection of the full resolution supertexture.
        You could use this to extract the entire supertexture at once, but be aware that for the Empire supertexture this would be a 6GB colour map and 2GB alpha map!

• S2TW
        Stupid writes two bitmaps :
        • a colour bitmap (filename.bmp)
        • a normal map (filename.normal.bmp)

Both files contain a subsection of the full resolution supertexture

4. PACKING SUPERTEXTURE

• CLI
        stupid pack <path to source supertexture> <path to replacement section bitmaps> <path to destination supertexture> <x position of first tile to replace> <y position of first tile to replace>

example:
        stupid pack "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\supertexture.pack\world_" empire_tile new_supertexture.pack/world_ 58 8

• ETW / NTW / S2TW
        Stupid creates a new supertexture (either in a packfile or as a .stpi plus a .stpd file) by combining the source supertexture with the replacement bitmaps.
        This can take a long time (during testing I packed with a 8k by 8k replacement block and packing took 20-30 minutes)! Do not assume the tool has failed unless the progress bar has not ticked for at least ten minutes.

5. BLANK SUPERTEXTURE

• ETW
        stupid create-empire <width> <height> <path to destination supertexture>

example:
        stupid create-empire 32768 16384 "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\world_"

Creates a new blank supertexture of the specified size in the Empire: Total War format.
        Width and height must be powers of 2 no less than 512.
        This functionality is completely untested.

• NTW
        stupid create-napoleon <width> <height> <path to destination supertexture>

example:
        stupid create-napoleon 32768 16384 "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\new_supertexture.pack\campaign_maps\nap_europe\display\Supertexture\supertexture"

Creates a new blank supertexture of the specified size in the Napoleon: Total War format.
        Width and height must be powers of 2 no less than 512. This functionality is completely untested.

• S2TW
        stupid create-shogun-2 <width> <height> <path to source palette bitmap> <path to destination supertexture>

example:
        stupid create-shogun-2 32768 16384 palette.bmp "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data\new_supertexture.pack\campaign_maps\sho_japan\display\supertexture\supertexture"

Creates a new blank supertexture of the specified size in the Total War: Shogun 2 format.
        Width and height must be powers of 2 no less than 512.
        The palette bitmap must be a 24-bit bitmap with width of 1 pixel and height of 256 pixels containing the palette of colours to be used for the parchment map.
        Due to the nature of the compression used in the supertexture the palette should form as smooth a gradient as possible.

6. NOTES

• ETW and NTW

All extracted and replaced bitmaps must have length and width which is a multiple of 512.
        All colour maps must be 24 bit bmp files.
        All alpha maps must be uncompressed 8 bit bmp files.
        Alpha maps use the palette index as the opacity value, not the palette colour, so the palette must not be reordered.

• S2TW

All extracted and replaced bitmaps must have length and width which is a multiple of 512.
        All colour maps must be 8 bit bmp files with palette sorted so similar colours are adjacent.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Great work

this is great news. let me get this correct. is it possible to add new regions?

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    this is great news. let me get this correct. is it possible to add new regions?
    Yeah, but nobody who managed it has shared the secret yet. The best we got was a statement that it was 'a lot of work'

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

I've had a little free time recently so I decided to do some more experiments on the campaign map. So here it is... the first ever new, fully functional province added to a campaign map on the warscape engine:

I love you spartan_warrior

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Excellent job!

Vađarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

Great News! This surely should not go unnoticed by the community!
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] ţví ađ međ lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi međ ólögum eyđa.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

awesome!!! great job

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Is this all using 3ds Max 2010 or also need to install recent version like 2012/13 ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I've had a little free time recently so I decided to do some more experiments on the campaign map. So here it is... the first ever new, fully functional province added to a campaign map on the warscape engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

Wow, just wow. Seeing that in japan is like... wow. Obviously your work with creating a completely new map is way more work and far more complex. But somehow seeing this... Thank you.

Remarkable!! This is what the entire community has been waiting for. Great job, Spartan_Warrior!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

This opens up a lot of possibilities my good, good man!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en espańol? Mira por aca.

Wow. Is it just me or did you also alter the minimap to add the border too? Amazing stuff.