Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1162

Thread: The Ocean [Sharks Victory]

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The Ocean (In play)

Why does Double A having a scanning ability clear him? It's a perfectly logical scum ability in a multiple mafia faction game.

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

So you believe, since Lyra scanned Double A as innocent, they had two Godfathers, one of whom could scan, and one of whom was bulletproof/lynchproof?

You think that's actually the case? I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm asking you, do you BELIEVE it? Because that affects my vote. A deal's a deal.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

NinjaCow64, the Sword Fish, Innocent, Killed Night 2
    Xenoneb, the Whale Shark, Innocent, Lynched Day 3
    Treva, the Renewer, the Killer Whale, Innocent, Killed Night 3
    Jarema, the King Crab, Innocent, Lynched Day 4
    Zaccino, the Angler Fish, Innocent, Killed Night 4
    Rebel Jeb, the Manta Ray, Innocent, Lynched Day 5
    remake20, the Jelly Fish, Innocent, Killed Night 5
    the mysterious F, the Sting Ray, Innocent, Lynched Day 6

If anyone of these had an scanning ability and scanned Lyra night 2, they couldn't say it at day 7 when Double A claimed, so it is possible. Lyra claimed day 8.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    If anyone of these had an scanning ability and scanned Lyra night 2, they couldn't say it at day 7 when Double A claimed, so it is possible. Lyra claimed day 8.
    BRB pwnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I'm asking you, do you BELIEVE it?
    All I believe right now is that my only role in this game has been to help decide which mafia faction wins...

Civitate

Alright Edse pwnage chapter 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Would now be an opportune moment to roleclaim in case dc is lying? I'm not entirely sure.

Well screw it, I won't be able to do this if I die. I'm the dolphin, a scanner. N1 I scanned Tak (town), N2 was Lyra (town), and N3 I kind of ed up by scanning Pizza, who promptly electrified me and put me out of commission for the next two nights. Last night I scanned him again, seeing that he's the town leader and all, but I was freaking roleblocked.
    So, Let's Recap.

You're saying MAFIA DOUBLE A scanned Lyra night two. Because otherwise, he'd have to have just GUESSED that the real townie detective scanned her that night. Out of the clear blue. He guessed Lyra, got scanned, and Night Two, all with no private communication to speak of.

GUESSED.

Because Lyra, as you pointed out, claimed Day 8, which would be AFTERWARD.

So, you're saying he either scanned Lyra N2 simultaneously with a detective, or that he guessed that it happened.

Not the more logical, townie JHT explanation wherein Godfather number two of a single team also has detective powers, which is still beyond farfetched, but at least makes rational self-consistent sense.

You THINK the mafia GUESSED that Lyra, flipped innocent, got scanned N2. Just plain guessed it.

Your timing would make sense if the claims were reversed. Sadly for you, the explanation you just pulled out of your human posterior is completely, utterly, and obviously, bovine excrement.

John.

Do you believe the above lies are game-winning? Let me know if you believe any of em.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Alright Edse pwnage chapter 3.

So, Let's Recap.

You're saying MAFIA DOUBLE A scanned Lyra night two. Because otherwise, he'd have to have just GUESSED that the real townie detective scanned her that night. Out of the clear blue. He guessed Lyra, got scanned, and Night Two, all with no private communication to speak of.

GUESSED.

Because Lyra, as you pointed out, claimed Day 8, which would be AFTERWARD.

So, you're saying he either scanned Lyra N2 simultaneously with a detective, or that he guessed that it happened.

Not the more logical, townie JHT explanation wherein Godfather number two of a single team also has detective powers, which is still beyond farfetched, but at least makes rational self-consistent sense.

You THINK the mafia GUESSED that Lyra, flipped innocent, got scanned N2. Just plain guessed it.

Your timing would make sense if the claims were reversed. Sadly for you, the explanation you just pulled out of your human posterior is completely, utterly, and obviously, bovine excrement.

John.

Do you believe the above lies are game-winning? Let me know if you believe any of em.
    You got it wrong, Double A didn't know Lyra had that ability. He doesn't have the scan ability but someone else scanned Lyra that night and he was lucky when he claimed to have done so.

And I'm not saying this happened, I do not even believe that it happened, but it is possible so I can't say "Double A is 100% innocent". Can you?

Meh, too much talkie talkie to pay attention to in a game I can't win. Looks to me like I'm the last townie, assuming it's 3 per scum team.

The Hunters seem to have kept hidden most of the game, and probably deserve a win more, so Vote: Askthepizzaguy.

Actually, Vote: Double A

Civitate

You got it wrong, Double A didn't know Lyra had that ability.
    So, when he said that he scanned Lyra on Night 2, it just so happens that he won the best lottery of all time, and someone else actually did scan Lyra Night 2.

Not only that, Lyra's scan, which she copied N2, would also prove to be completely fruitless to use against Double A, mafioso who was not the only human team's Godfather, he was part of an Ambiguously Gay Duo of Mafia Godfathers.

Those things both happened and are at all likely.

He doesn't have the scan ability but someone else scanned Lyra that night and he was lucky when he claimed to have done so.

And I'm not saying this happened, I do not even believe that it happened, but it is possible so I can't say "Double A is 100% innocent". Can you?
    Now you're caught bald-faced outright lying. You told me just a few posts ago, that the REASON YOU DID ACTUALLY THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE, was because of the above explanation you just pulled out of your human butt.

Then, you're saying you don't believe it happened.

You either did, or you didn't. You can't possibly have seriously thought that explanation was valid, especially since the claim sequence is exactly backward, and thus, highly unlikely to be lies. The only possible way it could be lies are if both of the above astronomical coincidences happened.

And you're expecting me to believe that you're townie, and that was a plausible reason to suspect the Doubled One. And by the way, that it was a plausible reason to suspect Double A *today*:

You know what's funny ATPG? You are wrong and will lose because of that. I'm not Hunter number 1 (not 3 either, he most likely doesn't exist) It's either john or Double A.
    That's what you said today.

You believe there was a massive, miraculous meeting of the Fates, and Double A is a suspect because he could have accidentally guessed that Lyra got scanned N2, and also have also been impervious to her scan which she gained, due to being not just Double A, but Double Godfather A.

If anyone believes that, they've already purchased several bridges in Brooklyn and are starving, penniless on the streets.

Two 3 player scum teams = 6 scum. 3 scum lynched = 3 left. 4 players left = 1 townie left. So Double A must be scum, no?

Either that, or 2 two man teams, and Pizza is just messing with our minds.

Civitate

John, my friend, you weren't lying when you said you weren't paying attention.

2 two man teams are already not valid as a possibility due to the missing death of the Great White Shark, which I claimed to be and does exist in the writeups.

That means there's a team of three; mine.

Xenoneb's team had a special Godfather role which has flipped guilty finally, and I'm demonstrating how Edse doesn't actually suspect Double A, and had to do verbal gymnastics to invent a reason to "suspect" him today, and then claimed he didn't actually suspect him at all.

He's also claiming to be lynchproof and bulletproof just like Xenoneb did. Probably to deter the lynch on him.

Great powers for a "townie" to have.

You may be feeling defeatist, and don't care about the outcome at all, but if you did care, you wouldn't believe a word Edse is saying and there's no way you'd begin to suspect Double A legitimately.

And, if you were scum, you have every reason to simply tie up the vote since you and edse are scum together. Why bother farting around? There's no actual suspense involved.

Civitate

Also, if Double A is scum and it's 2 scums versus 1 scum versus 1 townie, then you're right, nothing you do matters.

If Double A is innocent, you have to vote with him in order to win. So you should assume the game is winnable and vote with him.

Unvote; Vote: edse

Civitate

That just leaves Double A, who I have to say, should have actually scanned Edse last night.

I would be utterly baffled if he didn't turn up scum with that scan. If Double A is mafia, he can just say that he did turn up scum with that scan. If he's townie, he wasn't blocked last night (by me) since I don't have such powers, and he already scanned me and John. So unless Edse is also a roleblocker or a Godfather, Double A already scanned Edse guilty.

Regardless, it doesn't make much sense for Double A to place his vote anywhere but on me, claimed scum, or on Edse, not claimed but highly likely to be other scum. I mean let's say he voted for John. That would make me wonder who's steering the ship.

That's about it for me today, though. I believe I've made my point, though I'm not sure why. Technically I should be voting for townies with other-scum Edse, to tie it up, and then decide the game via murders. I'm not going to do that because that relies on basically asking Edse not to murder me while I then murder him instead. Just seems like a pointless draw. I'd rather have a clear victor.

Goin' to bed.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Also, if Double A is scum and it's 2 scums versus 1 scum versus 1 townie, then you're right, nothing you do matters.

If Double A is innocent, you have to vote with him in order to win. So you should assume the game is winnable and vote with him.
    You see? you're not sure Double A is innocent either, that's what I'm talking about as well. I give him like 5% risk of being scum while john is 95%.

Johnhughtom: Vote ATPG, he is 100% shark. Voting for me is of no use since I will survive the lynch anyway.

Why are you giving me voting advice, if I'm 95% scum, edse?

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Why are you giving me voting advice, if I'm 95% scum, edse?
    in case you aren't

Double A's Avatar person man

Well edse's innocent.

I've obviously either failed my scans or, more likely, there is a second godfather role. That means either john or edse are Hunter #1 and there is no Hunter #3. edse has been super scummy all game, and considering he survived a kill, that leaves me more biased towards him being mafia. vote: edse

john, there is absolutely no way I can prove I'm innocent because you don't think I have a scanning ability, but if I did have one (and I do), how would I have also been scanned innocent by Lyra? That's a pretty powerful godfather role.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

edse's Avatar Domesticus

It is a waste of lynch since you can't lynch me.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Unvote: vote: edse I sure hope you guys are correct about this