Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ocean [Sharks Victory]

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Ocean (Sign ups)

Wait... when we start lynching jebs?

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

I've already sent out about half the role pm's. I'm hoping to send out the remaining pm's by today. Please do not worry if you have yet to receive your role pm.

The Ocean - Sharks Victory!

The Legend of Zelda: War of Hyrule - Lover's Victory!

"You've seen some desperate tactics in this game. Desperate, desperate tactics. So far, they've all worked."
    - Askthepizzaguy

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

I swear, if you're sending them in alphabetical order...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    I swear, if you're sending them in alphabetical order...

I haven't got one yet so it's definitely not alphabetical.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

I haaave got one, I haaave got one! Nananananana!
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

I had one before it was cool.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

All role pm's have now been sent. If for some reason you did not receive yours (or if, for some reason, you received more than one) please contact me privately. The game will begin shortly.

"You've seen some desperate tactics in this game. Desperate, desperate tactics. So far, they've all worked."
    - Askthepizzaguy

Night 0

Click here for music

“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

wideyedwanderer was swimming along the ocean floor, looking for algae. He lived a mostly peaceful life, swimming all over the vast, wide ocean. Looking for algae was one of the things he enjoyed most...but today, something wasn't right. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but he knew something was...off. Today, the ocean seemed...strange. Which was strange in and of itself, because he thought of the ocean as his home.

But as he swam along, he continued to feel more and more like a stranger in the sea.

"Where are all the fish I normally see?" he thought. "The ocean seems oddly empty today..."

wideye continued to swim, and finally, he saw one of his friends, link16, up ahead.

"Hey, Link!" called wideye.

wideye waited for a response, but none came.

"That's weird," thought wideye. "Link is usually loud and boisterous much more friendly than this..."

He swam closer towards his friend, and when he got there, he was left speechless. He found his friend, dead, lying on a sea rock.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    link16 was the Sperm Whale!
    He was Innocent!

Shocked, wideye swam away, still staring at the body. He was going to alert his other friends of what had happened, when he turned and swam head on into another large figure.

"You...do you know what happened to that sperm whale over there?" asked wideye, still in shock.

"Oh? Did something happen?" asked the figure.

"Yeah...I don't know what it was...but...but..." stammered wideye.

"Oh, don't worry about it," said the figure. "I'll get my friends to take care of that for you."

"Really?" asked wideye.

The figure laughed. "Really. It's our pleasure."

"But...what happened...?"

"Don't worry about it."

"But I think we should tell someone," said wideye.

"Nah, we don't need to do that," said the figure.

"But...what happened? I really need to know."

"Well...then let me show you what happened..."

And that was the last time the ocean ever saw wideyedwanderer.

wideyedwanderer was the Grey Whale!
    He was Innocent!

Reminder: All private communication (other than Echolocation and GM-sanctioned quicktopics) are banned in this game. In other words, the only place you may talk about this game is in the game thread. Do not discuss it any place else, or you may accidentally break the rules. This includes dead players. Dead players are not allowed to reveal their role pm's, or communicate publicly or privately. Dead players are dead. They stay dead.

Living players may publicly (or privately via Echolocation) post their role pm's if they choose. You may even copy & paste the pm. However, if you choose to do this you cannot use the GM's name are part of the role pm. This means, do not include the "originally posted by wideyedwanderer." If you decide to post your role pm, you may alter it in any way you please (as long as you do not use the GM's name). You may even completely forge your own role pm if you like.

Upon a players death, their role and their alignment will be revealed. However, their role pm will not be revealed.

I am posting a sample role pm here, for your viewing pleasure. This is so you can compare it to your own role pm, and use it to either forge a role pm, or to use it to compare and scrutinize somebody else's role pm should they publicly reveal it.

You are the Gray Whale

The gray whale is known for being a great migrator; they make one of the longest migrations in the world, traveling between 15-20 thousand kilometers. Over a lifetime, the gray whale will travel the equivalent of a trip to the moon. The gray whale was long thought to be extinct, although recent sightings have been confirmed.

Role: Gray Whale
    Alignment: Game Moderator
    Victory: Die on Night 0 in order to become the GM for the game.
    Ability: You may make roles, rules, and WoG players as you see fit, in order to achieve the most fun, balanced game possible.

Remember, the GM is not responsible for any possible discrepancies in role pms. While I do try to keep them all to a uniformed format, mistakes do sometimes occur. If you choose to copy & paste your role pm in order to reveal it, do so at your own risk.

Warning: If you don't follow the rules, your team will be severely punished.

So please, follow the rules. If you accidentally break a rule, or if you realize another player might have broken a rule, please inform me. The punishment will be less severe.

“There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.”

Welcome to

The Ocean

“Here we go, mother, on the shipless ocean.
    Pity us, pity the ocean, here we go.”

Player List (25/25)

1. Askthepizzaguy
    2. Blackwolf
    3. Celsius
    4. Chaotix27
    5. classical_hero
    6. Confederate Jeb
    7. cpdwane
    8. dcmort93
    9. Double A
    10. edse
    11. Gone 2 the Celts
    12. Jarema
    13. Lyra
    14. Makrell
    15. mgsmuhammad
    16. NinjaCow64
    17. Rebel Jeb
    18. remake20
    19. robbiecon
    20. the mysterious F
    21. Treva, the Renewer
    22. Visorslash
    23. Xenoneb
    24. Zaccino
    25. Zalgo

wideyedwanderer, the Gray Whale, Game Moderator, died Night 0
    Link, the Sperm Whale, Extra Baggage, died Night 0

Day 1 begins. Vote for who you want to lynch in bold. Send Echolocation messages to wideyedwanderer via pm. Day 1 will end in approximately 48 hours, at 1 am Tuesday morning Pacific Standard Time.

Last edited by wideyedwanderer; August 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

- Askthepizzaguy

Default Re: The Ocean (In play)

Forgot to mention:

You may post your own unofficial tallies if you want, but the GM will post the only official tally. I will post a midday tally around the 24 hour mark, and then I will post the official tally in the write up at the end of each day phase. If you do choose to post your own tallies, please do not intentionally alter it (in order to trick or mislead others), as I consider that meta-gaming and detracts from the game experience. If you think you have found a mistake in the official vote tally, please notify me privately, as it is quite likely that the "mistake" may in fact not be a mistake at all.

- Askthepizzaguy

Praeses

Vote: mgsmuhammed

Fufilling the prophecy.

remake20's Avatar Miles

Vote: Robbiecon

Haven't talked to you in a while
    Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother... I hurt people...

vote: Visorslash
    that slowly becomes my custom

Double A's Avatar person man

The , Germany?

This is obviously robbie's fault. vote: robbie
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

vote:msgmuhummad

Spoiler for my PM, real or not?
    You are the Puffer Fish

Puffer Fish are extremely slow moving, making them easy targets for predators. However, they have the ability to almost instantly absorb water into their bodies, inflating themselves to the point where they are inedible to most other fish. Those consumers who do manage to eat the puffer fish will find it to be a deadly treat; this fish contains tetrodotoxin, a poison that is 1200 times more lethal than cyanide. One puffer fish has enough poison to kill 30 humans, and there is no known antidote.

Role: Puffer Fish
    Alignment: Innocent
    Victory: Eliminate all other teams to achieve an Innocent Victory.
    Ability: Whoever kills you is also killed; if you are lynched, the last person who voted for you is killed.

Remember, all forms of private communication (other than Echolocation) are banned in this game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck.

That was a ing terrible idea. Now you'll never get nightkilled.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Vote: classical hero You would have kept quiet about it if you were town.

I agree completely. unvote, vote: CH

Vote: Visorslash

I know not of this prophecy of which you speak.

Vote: Double A
    Something fishy about you.

I don't sea what you mean.