Page 26 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 29th May)

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Default Re: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread

Are we (Players) be able to train local units (AOR) ?
    Will Rome2 have goverment buildings like Rome 1 modifications ?

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

Default Re: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Threadd

As lead unit designer, is there any chance you could show/tell us any of the sources you've been using for the Carthaginian unit roster?
    Research-wise.

P.S Jack, I love your hat.
    Last edited by Jarvisimo; August 25, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

uhhhhhw noooo 1v1 animatioooonnss
    the game gonna b so baaad
    uu zooo laazyy

@ Unit Cards [amount]

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=553186

i always felt that 20 cards were pretty restrictive especially when it comes to formations.
    judging by the amount of the participants the results may not be statistically all too relyable but they r still quite illustrative.
    its UR game u r making but its also for ur customers.

the legion system might influence the flow of how these single unit segments will b handled anyway.
    but the unit card system may stay for its quite handy functionality in multiplayer. at least i assume so

y not start a poll on ur official website. and mbe do a seperate investiagtion for the community/multiplayer veterans. they might even give u some relyable pro/contra arguments.
    as for multiplayer i believe that many of those veterans will tend to the 20 card system (for, i think, obvious reasons ^^). but at the other hand, more unit cards will open more options, maneuvres, the ability to concentrate specific types (elites, skirmishers, heavy cavalry) or distribute those consistent all along the battling line, also new approaches to army compositions, deployments and tactics. u could arrange more refined formations. or just place all 6 archer contingents on one spot. u could build up ur infantry in 2 proper lines without doing a major commitment into infantry type army builds. this would not shift things to the extremes but u can rather refine ur resources more gradually to ur likings. u could also play around with delaying tactics; - without the almost inevitable challange of ur detachement getting swarm rushed and being massacred by the opposite bulk and everything remaining getting too late into action or alternatively both armies ending up just charging; - and instead play a game of attrition.

to higher the amount of seperate contongents can b a risky task but made well it can lead to a more complex and deeper gameplay, at least some like me do believe.
    and instead lock the unit sizes of each contingent (in multiplayer) to 1 uniform scale (120 men or 150 men) as the variation of unit sizes r more prone to exploits (gameplay shift from missile/matchlock to melee rush) than the increase of unit cards (spam vs quality). and besides that will not split the multiplayer community even further into medium size / large size / ultra size units. only funds varying

a good communication between playerbase and developer-team/company can add some fruitful contribution to the outcome. there r indeed some examples of content relevant polls. 1 being [i dont know if im allowed to name another company with their product for illustration] >http://worldoftanks.com/polls/#wot< - with like 8 pages of polls listed

salve

I'd like to know what agents for the campaign map are going to be available. Will something like the foreign veteran in Fall of the Samurai make a return like a hardened legionnaire? I found it incredibly useful to have an agent that gives experience to units even in peace time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    What's the difference between a Toyota Corolla and a Ford truck?
    Hardly, knowing the difference between the two is not as rudimentary as whats the difference between a car and a truck. Its an absurd comparison you are making and the previous poster has the right of it. TW players do not need to be well versed in history to play the game or even post on these forums. It is completely unfair to criticize someone who does not know the difference between the various phalanx formations in antiquity. I think it would be appreciated if you take your condescension elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad al-Fareed View Post
    uhhhhhw noooo 1v1 animatioooonnss
    the game gonna b so baaad
    uu zooo laazyy
    I admire your supreme eloquence.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SughdianWarrior View Post
    Jack, I guess you guys have realised by now, that pretty much no one here likes the 1v1 idea.
    No one here likes anything, it's like a perpetual whine machine, from one game to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    No one here likes anything, it's like a perpetual whine machine, from one game to the next.
    Shh, there no reason to spoil the illusion yet. We still have over a year for him to find that out.

I wouldlike to know how far east you will be going on the campaign map. Will you include India and western china? Or just the west part of India? Or will you make it only til Iran. I would really like this question to be answered. Thanks for the oppurtunity

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwordofRome View Post
    I wouldlike to know how far east you will be going on the campaign map. Will you include India and western china? Or just the west part of India? Or will you make it only til Iran. I would really like this question to be answered. Thanks for the oppurtunity
    I would like to know about this too, Jack. We already had two threads running for the same.

Personally I would love to play the Mauryan Empire of India and their civil war (middle game of RTW, somewhere 150 BC).
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I would like to know about this too, Jack. We already had two threads running for the same.

Personally I would love to play the Mauryan Empire of India and their civil war (middle game of RTW, somewhere 150 BC).
    I agree I would love to take on the role of Chandragupta Maurya, he is one of my heroes . If they add the seleucuid empire into the game, they must add the Mauryans, as they fought a war.

I heard they were going for Scotland to Bactria(Afghanistan) in one of the newer interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockcaps View Post
    I heard they were going for Scotland to Bactria(Afghanistan) in one of the newer interviews.
    Also when is update 5 coming? It's been more than 2 weeks!!!
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; September 06, 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: d-post

Quote Originally Posted by Lockcaps View Post
    Could I please have a link? Thanks

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I have a rather simple question Jack, AI. When compared to older titles, what was your aproach by improving it to this title bearing in mind what you have learned from older games? I'm not asking for details, but has there been a central focus in the AI department for this particular title that your aiming to improve, or your happy that you have improved it?

wait.... WHAT!?!?!

1 vs 1 still exist? what if you fight elephant unit? you just pick up spear and fight elephant alone!?!?! no support?

What da fag!?!?
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    wait.... WHAT!?!?!

1 vs 1 still exist? what if you fight elephant unit? you just pick up spear and fight elephant alone!?!?! no support?

What da fag!?!?
    So misinformed that I am just gonna let you wallow in ignorance and stupidity. Particularly for that offensive last sentence.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Seeing from the screenshots, I am wondering how great the sieges are going to be.

What kind of siege equipment do you guys like? I like ladders, they make casualties but get the job done.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I prefer towers. Helps ya get a beachhead with twenty men goin' in at once. Normally, my ladders just got slaughtered in Rome 1 (its a man at a time for crissake).

dom385's Avatar Senator

If i don't have artillery, I'll send towers at the front and send a few ladders down either side to try their luck.