Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772122 ... LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 29th May)

Default Re: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread

Hi Jack.

You've mentioned about deeply going Warscape code changes.
    Can You tell us if these works will improve player's interface?
    I mean - will there be back some possibilities present in RTW or MTW2, but lost in ETW and other Warscape based productions.
    Most important and missing:
    1. Line setup with CTRL button, allowing player to have units placed in his "order of battle"
    EXPLANATION:
    I want to have 6 infantry units in Line 4 Hastati in the middle and 2 Principes on the wings, so i just hold CTRL, then click on the units from the units roster : P,H,H,H,H,P, then i group them and receive Line formation and battle order i wanted to have. In RTW i can also group units little beat later, after i choose formation depth and dragging does not destroy my "in-line" setup
    2. Units can hold formation after the movement to another localisation (Warscape sets all units in one line and does not care about their previous positioning in formation)
    EXPLANATION:
    I want to have my archers in front in loose formation, then phalanx just behind them, and two unit of cavalry on the wings, just behind phalanx wings.
    RTW engine will hold entire army formation when i highlight all units and show them new localisation - Warscape engine will loose army formation immediately.

Will the programers try to improve Unit's reaction to order in Multiplayer 3v3 and 4v4 battles?

My last question about Warscape changes is if there's a chance to improve units cohesion - man to man fight, especially in case of phalanx requires good reaction for orders, where unit looks like a block, and reacts like block.

Interface, cohesion, and some other minor problems are these of my deepest concerns, when i look at Warscape capabilities to present units behaviour on the battlefield.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That reminds me! I'd like to be able to save formation presets, kind of like your own formation presets but customizable.

sounds cool! Thanks Jack!
    Last edited by Diglytron; August 05, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Someone tell me what you all mean by Warscape?

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    That reminds me! I'd like to be able to save formation presets, kind of like your own formation presets but customizable.

That's a must have, or at least a please include...

edit KingLeonidas300 Warscape... the ‘engine’ that runs total war in its most recent recapitulations.
    Last edited by Brutalsubtlety; August 05, 2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: KingLeonidas300

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
    Someone tell me what you all mean by Warscape?
    The game engine use since Empire.

1st engine was for the old Shogun and Medieval.

2nd engine was for Rome and Medieval 2.

Warscape is the current engine use since Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and will be for Rome II.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Will we see a area of recruitment system,I dont want to be able to recruit Germanic units in africa for example.

I would love to see the wonders of the world make a comeback, all agree that have posted.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=551840

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    So long as there's bright purple. Bright purple is not represented enough.
    crap your prabley right.

jack what are the chances of this?

Ability to have sliders on the effects of the rock paper scissors system. I herd shogun ruined battles by having to big of bonuses for units fighting the "correct" unit spears vs cav etc. So a slider on the bonus sizes for rps system would be great. So instead of plus 20 here reduce to plus 5 etc.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=549370

Will we be able to play campaign mutiplayer modded in rome 2?.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; August 07, 2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: d-post

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    I like this idea, but how do you propose it would work? Sort of a filling in for designated 'light infantry' spots on the preset, or having very specific units doled out for each? I guess I'm just having trouble seeing how it would play out for multiple and differing armies.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
    I like this idea, but how do you propose it would work? Sort of a filling in for designated 'light infantry' spots on the preset, or having very specific units doled out for each? I guess I'm just having trouble seeing how it would play out for multiple and differing armies.
    I'm not sure, I suppose it could work if we filled different unit classes like "light infantry, heavy infantry etc...). I'm sure that CA could find a good solution.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Hi Jack.

Would it be a supply system of sorts (a more fleshed system that is) or you are going to stick with the simple upkeep payment?

And the most important question, how modable would be the game? The same as shogun 2? More, less?

Oh and of course, would you be including the Sweden faction, composed by tall, blond, formidable, laser shoting eyes from the Vega Star in the game? Please say yes!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Jack,

So I have a number of questions.

1. Shogun 2 & Empire Total War featured far less unit variation than it's predecessors; will Rome 2 feature an equal amount of unit variation as the original Rome? or will it employ far more unit variation? For instance, will the majority of factions have 20 units to choose from (which is a tad more than the original Rome) or more like 30-40 units to choose from?

Along the same vein of unit variation, when you make armor upgrades, will there be visible upgrades on the soldiers themselves?

3. Will generals and family members have a generic suit of armor, or will there be a multitude of different suits of armor for the commanders of each faction?

I have heard that the map is going to be bigger, including more factions as well as reaching farther east. Does this mean we will see factions such as India and Bactria?

Now since the map is going to be bigger, will it include more regions than the original Rome and for that matter Empire? For instance, will there be more regions for a province like Italy or Egypt?

Last edited by Everto; August 07, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Jack. Will emerging towns as in ETW makes a comeback ? Hopefully with their own province this time and not just a town within a larger province.

If the game spans hundreds of years this feature is surely needed as some towns emerge long after the game start (if we take the game start somewhere between 280 to 240 bc.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    The game engine use since Empire.

1st engine was for the old Shogun and Medieval.

2nd engine was for Rome and Medieval 2.

Warscape is the current engine use since Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and will be for Rome II.

I thought they were useing a entirely diffrent engine if they go back to warscape ill die! They have said that they were useing a diffrent engine for Rome 2 not warscape.... If u have evidents that there useing it again please share..!!!!
    Last edited by stradar1; August 07, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Can you atleast make it optional to have colorized units? Would be great IMO

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    I thought they were useing a entirely diffrent engine if they go back to warscape ill die! They have said that they were useing a diffrent engine for Rome 2 not warscape.... If u have evidents that there useing it again please share..!!!!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11665598

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Hi Jack,

Could you share some light on the scale of battles we will see in Rome II? In the original Rome Total War the absolute maximum number of men you could control was around 4900 (20 stacks of the largest units).

What is the largest possible number of individual soldiers within a single unit?

Well from what Ive been reading from a few previews it suppose to be a diffrent engine not new though I just think jack ment some of warscape will be transferd to the engine there going to use now.......
    Last edited by stradar1; August 07, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Well from what Ive been reading from a few previews it suppose to be a diffrent engine not new though I just think jack ment some of warscape will be transferd to the engine there going to use now.......
    So decide not to die then eh ?

Believe what you want but it's still base on warscape. Why not anyway ? Warscape is a great engine. The best so far. We've seen transformation from ETW to FOTS already.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Hi Jack,

Could you share some light on the scale of battles we will see in Rome II? In the original Rome Total War the absolute maximum number of men you could control was around 4900 (20 stacks of the largest units).

What is the largest possible number of individual soldiers within a single unit?
    You have been able to mod the unit size since empire. In DM napoleon I have 500 soldiers sometimes. Most of my battles are around 10k to 12k on both sides. ME2 and rome could only support 243 max. I saw a vid on youtube where a unit in s2 had several thousands but keep it around 500 or else the unit will have bad pathfinding, and also the maps aren't big enough. 2x unit size is enough.

But now in R2 they say the maps are going to be much bigger so I'm sure they will be bigger, and I'm also sure you'll be able to mod the size in R2 to.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    So decide not to die then eh ?

Believe what you want but it's still base on warscape. Why not anyway ? Warscape is a great engine. The best so far. We've seen transformation from ETW to FOTS already.
    Its not that great but from what im seeing from screens and if this is the same engine they really have overhulled the engine alot then......I just think its time to go a diffrent Direction with a diffrent engine.