Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2441

Thread: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 29th May)

Default Re: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 19th Oct)

CA have made it perfectly clear on several occasions that the downloadable content is not cut content from the game that has already been there, it is specifically produced to make the game more enjoyable after release.
    Exactly.

Default Re: Exclusive Content Discussion Thread

We, as the player, should be able to customize our family, so that when we start a new game with a faction that you have already played, it will be a different family with a different destiny.

Icon7 Re: Exclusive Content Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deindari View Post
    We, as the player, should be able to customize our family, so that when we start a new game with a faction that you have already played, it will be a different family with a different destiny.

good idea! But can you clarify what exactly you mean by "customize"?

dom385's Avatar Senator

I only just saw the shots of the cataphract Armour, but are they up gradable levels of Armour or just from different units of cataphracts?

I understood it to be a build up of parts... so the undergarment tunic, then the chain mail, then the plate all worn together one on top of the other. i guess this makes items interchangeable and modular, so you can have greater diversity with the need for fewer assetts.

Default Re: Exclusive Content Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deindari View Post
    I'd prefer randomize. But as long as the family system remains and even improves possibilities & details, it's good enough for me.

Primicerius

Dear Jack Lusted,

Are there really only going to be 8 playable factions? You don't have to spoil it and tell me which factions they're going to be. Just tell me if there is going to be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    Dear Jack Lusted,

Are there really only going to be 8 playable factions? You don't have to spoil it and tell me which factions they're going to be. Just tell me if there is going to be more.
    at this point we dont know, it could be 8 trees and each branch within that tree is a faction on its own.
    we dont know until we see what "3 families" that are playable in rome actually means.

@JackLusted
    The celtic and germanic factions will share the same settlement architecture or have different ones? Will there be a generic ''Barbarian'' settlement or the celt and the german will have two distinguishable settlements architecture?

Dear Jack Lusted, since there are going to be only 8 playable factions and you said that they will be all unique as high as they can, will you then put some kind of intro video for every of those 8 factions so it tells us little about their past ? , to lead us into the story of the faction....

Like the source of their powers, problems, their political standings and so on. Just as the videos in RTW I ?

I think that this would very well fit in your attempt to make all the factions unique in any way. I believe the intros would be interesting to see.

To Jack,
    Princesses were great in M2TW, but before saying "bring them back!" I wondered about them. They were pretty useless, asides from diplomacy stuff which you diplomat could do. I wanted to feel the family lines and marriages that were affected by Royal Houses being joined by the princess.
    The awesome notion that one could simply gain the lands of another faction (by marrying to the heir of the house, and then when the faction leader dies, you get control over their domains) is probably impractical to be implemented into TW, because it might be a game-breaker. My solution to this would be a simple note in the family page of the faction tab displaying the "ruling house" of the faction.

Let's say that I am Roman, and I marry into the family of the Greeks of the "Diadochii Line" (an arbitrary name here), and then when that couple ascends to the throne, I am now the ruling house, and the Line changes, and would thenceforth be shown as "Greek Kingdoms - Junian Line (Rome)", but the greeks still get full control and everything, but they're now much more inclined to do whatever the Romans (in this case) tell them to. This is representative of a puppet client kingdom.

Firstly, it's a MUCH better use for princesses, that just "stealing" other factions' generals, so you could control them. This is pretty unrealistic, as I'm sorry to say it, but how many times did a foreign princess seduce a man to leave his entire family, culture and people to identify himself with foreigners?

Secondly, This way we could see the different strands of the genus of Roman names. For instance, the Cornelii gens was a MASSIVE name, but not all one family. They included the Scipii (africanus, aemelianus etc.), Sulla, Cinna to name a few, and through historical loyalties and marriage, also included Pompeius Magnus and Crassus. Bringing it back to my idea, when one of the individuals with the above Cognomen (sur-surname if you will) becomes "faction leader", then the Ruling Line changes according to them.
    For instance, you wouldn't want a Gaius Julius Iulus in charge when a certain Gaius Julius Caesar is running around Gaul.

Again, it's a simple additive that makes for a much deeper role-playing and historically accurate campaign, while not directly affecting gameplay.

+rep if you like this
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Hi everyone, I've posted a new update: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12329926

Hi everyone,

Today I bring you an image filled update including horses, spears and javelins, and celtic leather armour along with an answer to a question I’ve seen in a few threads.

Q. Will there be unit officers and standard bearers in Rome II, and how varied will they look?

A. Yes as in previous Total War games there will be officers and standard bearers in units. They will also be varied in look and match the visual variety of the various factions and cultures. So the Romans will get a variety of looks for officers and standard bearers, as will the Carthaginians, as will the Iberians (referring to all the Iberian factions) and so on and so forth.

---

The first image we have today is showing off horse models for Rome II:

Full size

The next shows some spears alongside a variety of javelins. These will be used by the Greeks, Romans, Carthaginians and Eastern factions:

Full size

These next images show some of our research and art process. First we start with some research images that have been turned into concept art for the character artists to make the models and textures from. In this example we are showing some Celtic leather armour:

Full size

This is made into the finished art:

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size

---

That is all for this update, I hope you have enjoyed it.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Hi everyone, I've posted a new update: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12329926
    Really amazing.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 10th Dec)

Amazing; love the Celtic cuirasses

ZOMG!!1!!1! That's exactly what I wanted (the variations in size and color among these horses). These are already the best horse-models in a TW-game ever. Vey much appreciated.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    ZOMG!!1!!1! That's exactly what I wanted (the variations in size and color among these horses). These are already the best horse-models in a TW-game ever. Vey much appreciated.
    It's like CA can read minds!

Now all they need to do is make everything Latin, get rid of the ability to change history at all while making it 100% realistic (siege battles literally lasting 2 years irl and such), add 150 more factions, make the game free and include stock options in their company and we're set

Truly amazing quality work there! Hats off Jack!

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankhive View Post
    Now all they need to do is make everything Latin, get rid of the ability to change history at all while making it 100% realistic (siege battles literally lasting 2 years irl and such), add 150 more factions, make the game free and include stock options in their company and we're set

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Jack you know how hard i judge CA for its horses.
    I still believe that "animalls" must look same quality of the human units as well.
    I also know that animall skins are not easy to be made even if many people thing otherwise.
    Now...
    Horses skins are ammasing worthy of the human skins you already posted.
    One slightly detail.
    Most hellenistic world used 3-5 horse breeds that they were relative to each other but in differend sizes. Forget the size issue...its just an unneeded luxury. Just give horse neck a slightly curved upper edge.
    That way you can "cover" the syrian, nicean, arabic and numidian horses.
    Again...horses are essential when there are cavalry units.
    But i admit that this time there is a better skin and some model improvement (espesially in legs shape).
    Can CA make a DLC with a horse model such as these for Shogun 2 please?
    I love Takeda clan and i want to see better horses with those wonderfull warriors.

Conclusion:
    CA will have our fully suport for everything that deserves a "Bravo".
    We make any kind of critisism not for the critisism its self but because we love these games.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.