Page 8 of 317 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

this are just like cartoons,I hardly think they re from the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    this are just like cartoons,I hardly think they re from the game..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Why, they're practically identical!

Either something's lost in translation there or you have a very interesting idea about what cartoons are. Game looks great.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 10, 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Removed Scans

I think they are from the game, but maybe edited to make them more attractive?

Remember they're printed into a magazine so will, by their very nature, look somewhat "less realistic". Looking good though!
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Just remember the game has only been in development for 8 months (many more to go) so it's likely what we are looking at will be changed by the release

Centurion16's Avatar Laetus

Love the new screenshots

I think this might be the new camera mode (over-the-shoulder) one we were told about. The camera is basically showing us how an archer positioned at the wall could see the fighting.

I could be wrong though.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Wow I love the new screenshots Will add them to the OP soon
    Thx

dom385's Avatar Senator

In that second screen shot do those principes (or however you spell it) and hastati have their pila on their backs or are they archers with quivers on their backs ?

Looks great. Like their take on the republican Romans so far.

Is that a soldier being picked up in the elephant's trunk there?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Don't think so they've got pilas on their backs or whatsoever...might be. Although we have long time to wait for R2, I know this will all look smexy.

You can find them on a good site (if you know it), called "Google". xD
    Last edited by JankoMega; July 05, 2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: d-post
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Updated

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Is that a soldier being picked up in the elephant's trunk there?
    Why yes it is if they do what theyve promised it will probably blow every other TW out the water and there's probably even more new stuff

looks epic!

Now, we're at that point where we're dying to get more pictures and info but don't really want too much to be revealed. I hate that time of the year!
    The Armenian Issue

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Do I see the famous Carthage military Harbour in one of the screens?
    this can't be true

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I hope this music will be on newest Rome 2 Total war!

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Heres some new pics for you I just cropped the picture which the Dutch guy in the article thread posted! Enjoy!

Woah those pictures are zoomed in versions of the ones in the UK version of the mag and the second picture has completely erased the part of the image I described here

A nice close up of the street battle showing the Elephants leading a unit of Carthaginian's against a Roman Cohort however this isn't the most striking thing, if you look at the rooftops you can see that on the roofs of all the buildings there are archers and on one of them there is a scuffle taking place between a couple of legionaries and some archers so in Rome II it looks like CA have introduced true street by street combat and you can storm each building one by one. On this building in particular a Legionnaire has just shoved a poor Archer off the edge of the roof and he is falling to his death lol.
    which is to the left of the Elephants -wait until you see the proper UK version of the image then you'll see what I am talking about.

Edit: ok I've compared the pictures properly now, the first one is slightly chopped on the Left but shows more information to the right than the one in the UK mag, the second one is just appalling compared to the image in the UK mag and totally erases the most revealing aspect of image (erase that image from your mind until you see the full thing) the third one is a background image for pages 3 and 4 of the UK review and shows a lot more information on the right than the UK issue because part of the article is pasted over the top of it.

The UK mag also has a couple of other pictures in addition to the ones shown in the Dutch issue.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 10, 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Removed Scans

Hopefully they'll get rid of that stupid hunched over posture the archers on the walls have.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Those pics look like they aren't actually screenshot, but like someone took a pic of a screen with a camera or a phone or something. I think this explains the low-quality and why it looks like fanart.
    Is that supposed to be that extreme-zoom thing CA was talking about that you can practically see the battle from the eyes of your troops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

The possibility of withdrawl and retreat, of various kinds.