Page 14 of 317 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

i believed it has been confirmed that ships with armies on them can attack coastal cities, and start an amphibious landing siege.

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

Wonder if they'll have realistic amounts of ships needed to transport units, Automatic transport ships or they're going with one galley transporting thousands of Soldiers, Horses and Elephants.

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    My made about Rome 2:

Great Stuff Mate
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

Default Re: Rome II Visuals: Picture & Video Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    Did you notice the graffiti on the tower in the lower-left corner?
    Yes man thats great

? Seriously? Most players would probably want that. I'm totally for having a Late Empire campaign.

I wonder when they'll show us the rezzed footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    Wonder if they'll have realistic amounts of ships needed to transport units, Automatic transport ships or they're going with one galley transporting thousands of Soldiers, Horses and Elephants.
    There is no such thing as individual ships on the campaign map anymore they are all fleets now so if you load an army onto a fleet and some of those ships get sunk in a battle (the fleets revert to individual ships during battles) then you lose a proportional amount of troops, so if there are 10 ships in a fleet and five get sunk then when you land you only have 50% of your army left.

Well, I haven't touched these forums for about a year, but I figured now's as good a time as any to show up again. I don't know if it's already been touched upon, but did anybody else notice the riderless horse in the second in-game shot (just below the third unit down from the statue). Does this mean that we get dismounting, or possibly even horses routing and doing their own thing?

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPhoenix View Post
    Well, I haven't touched these forums for about a year, but I figured now's as good a time as any to show up again. I don't know if it's already been touched upon, but did anybody else notice the riderless horse in the second in-game shot (just below the third unit down from the statue). Does this mean that we get dismounting, or possibly even horses routing and doing their own thing?
    I would think so Routing horses were already in Napoleon and Shogun II anyway, as was dismounting your cavalry (well not for all of them in Napoleon, but for dragoons) so this should be in Rome II as well.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I would think so Routing horses were already in Napoleon and Shogun II anyway, as was dismounting your cavalry (well not for all of them in Napoleon, but for dragoons) so this should be in Rome II as well.
    Well call me an idiot then. I haven't played any napoleon, and very little shogun, so I didn't know about the routing horses. Obviously, I know about the dismounting thing, but I didn't really know whether it would be used in rome.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPhoenix View Post
    Well call me an idiot then. I haven't played any napoleon, and very little shogun, so I didn't know about the routing horses. Obviously, I know about the dismounting thing, but I didn't really know whether it would be used in rome.
    Yeah I supposed you didn't play it when reading your question No problem, but I think it would be strange for CA to leave those features out they already have and wich are only seen in a positive way.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Not sure if someone else has posted this yet, but this is what I've got on my desktop

PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Empire Total war Symbolic

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar-zone View Post
    Hm, interesting read, thanks for posting

He thinks that sequals are done when there is enough difference to add and that he wouldn't like to revisit Medieval again but he mentions Empire which is only a few years old and doesn't really have much difference compared to Shogun 2 to be a more viable future option. Logic fail...
    The Armenian Issue

Holy Cr@pe! tech trees are set in stone! .. and it's a RACE! what ever happened to reality ? new tech coming from new ideas .. randomly .. from experienced people .. or stolen by spys from your enemy .. or experienced in battles .. SIGH!!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Holy Cr@pe! tech trees are set in stone! .. and it's a RACE! what ever happened to reality ? new tech coming from new ideas .. randomly .. from experienced people .. or stolen by spys from your enemy .. or experienced in battles .. SIGH!!

R
    ...Where does it say that? I can't see any point suggesting that in that article...

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

I dont know if its new or really officialArtwork but its from the official forum:

--------------------------------

Removed picture, if it were official, there would be the official logo, too. The work is copyright protected and comes from an artist. It is against the ToS to post/edit without permission of said person. - MasterBigAb
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 15, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Quote Originally Posted by Jazx View Post
    Yes man thats great
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

Quote Originally Posted by Kommandant Conn View Post

Haha, that was ing awesome