View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Multiplayer modes - what would you prefer

4 player Co-Op campaign would be magnificent!

@^, when you really think about it, you'll realize how boring that would actually be.

JOZI's Avatar Libertus

Seriously dude...4 player campaign aaaaaaand the return of the classic 8 man ffa would be amazing....

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

I'd love to see 4vs4 historical battle, with one general in overall command of the team and subordinates, General PoV limited camera. Just implement realistic battlefield behavior, so that players stick to realistic tactics and you can replay Zama or Magnesia or Ilipa, full scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

4 player campaign mutiplayer bug free of coarse.

Roman Might's Avatar Libertus

When you say multiplayer campaign for 4 players. My interpretation is that similar to hotseat where everyone controls their own factions and can do whatever they want to achieve their personal victory. Ally with otger players or AI or war against, make vassals etc.). The players should be allowed to participate in battles that are one player against the AI like in Shogun 2 and allowed to plan moves etc, but can't see what the other factions know just pike in competitve. The objectives should be based on factional opinions like in Rome 1. And unlike in original hotseat the players should be able to defend against attacks that are from the AI and if its played online then the players battle it out ofcourse, otherwise it would be the attacking player against defending players (AI) which should be a pre planned player choiced AI that uses tactics that the player would.

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

I would already be pleased if the options that are available now in hotseat campaigns for medieval 2 would work for Rome 2. Of course an online campaign with 4 players where battles between players are played online would be the summit of perfection but i prefer they dump the whole online campaign- idea then deliver another buggy and laggy one as they did with Shogun 2.
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Reality continues to ruin my life.
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thanks for all you comments and voting. i would be glad if someone could perhaps pin this topic? who should i ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    4 player Co-op Campaign (as in all one nation, but own different Families n land stuff) Like Rome TW 1 with its Noble Families.
    This. I'm hoping this is what they're being all hush-hush about in terms of the multiplayer. It would really fix all the CAI problems we've had over the years :]

Orlorin's Avatar Libertus
    Everywhere, and yet no where, like a rock rolling down hill.

4 player campaign would be epic. Not much good for casual online play, but with dedicated friends/family/league it would truly epic.

Avatar Conquest, because it actually lets me fight a reasonable amount of fights with no random rules people make (and later dont obey), classic, because its not going away, and bug free 2 people MP campaign, because I'm sure only one of my friends will be buying Rome 2.

I would like a nice avatar mode like in SHOGUN 2, but improved (which it will have), along with a bigger focus on classic battles as well, including FFA.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

hi all if you talking about multiplayer please take part in that poll about multiplayer modes. which one would you like?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=557547

thanks for your participation

An all factions playable mp campaign hosted on a persistent server people can drop in and out of with the AI taking over as they do or get defeated, until the game is won and the campaign starts over.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Sounds like a very cool idea Armatus, perhaps you guessed their "we have big plans" with that

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thanks for the participation so far. but thought i would get more than just 41 voters in that time... is mp really so unpopular? remember CA lead designer said " we were suprised about the success of mp campaign"

Ok...I like multiplayer to be simple in contruction...I mean like Rome Total War as the poll mentioned.
    I would like also a multiplayer campaign,it would be something prototype.

To Greece we give our shining blades - Lord Byron

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Probably not the best place to ask this question since the majority of the poster here are likely single players. I definitely would like to see an evolution of the Avatar system, I had so much fun and was able to keep my interested for well over 3,000 multi-player battles before I started to get bored with it. Classic battles should still be there but the real fun is the avatar mode imo.

Well if that truly happened you wouldn't see me on TWC anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    An all factions playable mp campaign hosted on a persistent server people can drop in and out of with the AI taking over as they do or get defeated, until the game is won and the campaign starts over.
    Wow, I haven't even thought of that. Imagine what else some brilliant minds can come up with!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON