View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

yeah, we know. Tough, I think I prefer an ''real'' campaign. With battles and all. I hate autoresolve.

Why is it *tough*? we had it all 5 years ago, pick your poison. Why take two steps forward and three steps back?

One of my peeves of game development is when the choice is made to reduce features rather than keep what is good and add to it.

nah not really. It was weird and diffecult to play with the hotseats of Rome 1 and medieval 2... No, i want an real, campaign in game with directly saving and sending of sf..

Maybe difficult for you, I had plenty of good times. Of course we all want a real mp campaign, that was why they put hotseats in as a half baked attempt at satisfying us. At least it gave us something, but now after all these years to have even that little taste taken away is what's annoying.

Please please not steam bound mp. so many games destroyed by drops and conection to steam was lost

I'm afraid you're going to have to live with steam from now on.

Relax and take the pill like everyone else, you'll feel a little giggly at first and then everything will be fine.

100% pure bliss.

Steam i can handle aslong as the have somthing other for mp

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

I just hope they Make sure they keep the MP campaign working well and good and ill be happy Hopes for 4 players soon.....
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by oberst_ag View Post
    Please please not steam bound mp. so many games destroyed by drops and conection to steam was lost
    Lol, and was GS any better?
    Steam is pretty awesome for me, at least, as I move around a lot, steam allows me to not lose my games.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

I believe he's talking about the requirement to log into Steam to play, you never had to use or install gamespy to play before beyond creating an account for online battles, no impact to LAN, hotseat or single play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post

Lol, and was GS any better?
    Steam is pretty awesome for me, at least, as I move around a lot, steam allows me to not lose my games.

~Lyra
    It sure was i have had allot less problems with it then steam ing with me.

thebestant's Avatar Foederatus

i dont see why people hat steam i love it and never had any problems with it

Quote Originally Posted by thebestant View Post
    i dont see why people hat steam i love it and never had any problems with it
    Same here, but i guess i would be pissed off if it didn't worked.

Speaking of Multiplayer, the only thing that i want is being able to play a campaign co-op with more than 2 players. I know that 3 players would present complexity, but 4 players....c'mon, there must be a way, even if they must change something of the game, they should really start focusing on figuring out how to bring TW campaign online.

I'd really love to have a full multiplayer campaign of some sort, where it could actually be feasible to have every major faction controlled by humans. Of course, in a turn-based game, that often works best when there's a way for all players to submit orders and then resolve them all simultaneously, which might be difficult with TW.

Not sure how it's currently handled in ETW, but to get that many people to playing a campaign in real time would definitely change the dynamic of events for one.

I think you'd either have it focus around battles or slow everything way down so that players aren't just knocking each other off in a few turns.

It would be incredibly cool to be able to enter the battle of someone else as a foreign party and be free to ally, assist or back stab.

In MTW there was a while there were you could choose to attack ally, but since it had no relevance in custom battles other than to cause grief I believe it was removed. A campaign would be different.

The only way that I can see turn based campaigns with battles in them work properly would be if they would somehow be able to divide up the units like this for example.

Player one is attacking player two with 3 legionaires, two slingers, 2 cavalry and one general. Player two is defending with 4 Phalanxes,two archers and two cavalry, since there are eight players in this multiplayer campaign each side get three players each who will help them command the battle.

Then the units are divided between the four players, with the original attacker and defender getting to choose first, with each player getting two units each and then having to work together to fight the battle ahead.

This way no one would be just forced to watch when two players battle it out, however the problem would be that it would require a dedicated group of players and strict rules since otherwise people would use it to their advantage by just slaughtering the other players soldiers as soon as they get the chance.

No way, I want a real time world where the AI can take over as necessary and the player can decide where he or she wants to be at any given time outside of a real time battle they've chosen to enter.

I never really understood how the Shogun II multiplayer campaign worked. Do two players control the same faction somehow? I also heard you could battle other players when you fight a battle on the campaign map.

well i played Empire's beta a bit and it was ehh 'Decent' it worked fine and all but eh it was slow as to get pass a couple of turns. i would love to try a co-op campaign i guess 1 player as rome would be kinda annoying and i loved how Rome 1 had 3 families and than Rome itself.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    No way, I want a real time world where the AI can take over as necessary and the player can decide where he or she wants to be at any given time outside of a real time battle they've chosen to enter.

forget it ur not going to get a real time world I dont want it and many do not as well....
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!