View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

One thing that i request from multiplayer is to be workable, so simple.
    I was never able to finish a multiplayer campaign in shogun 2, because we always had a desync at some point.
    Get that right ca, i mean , get the multiplayer to actually be playable, and you dont have to do anything else after that
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Laetus

Maybe they do something with a "unit creator". You choose armor (Roman, barbarian etc.), weapon (doublehanded/singlehanded? a gladius, a javelin, a bow and arrow, a pike?), a shield or not (when doublehanded), helmet/not (more manoeuvrability and maybe better look ), and you can unlock new pieces through your campaign, you start with a certain set you choose (like starting in Rome region on the avatar map gives you an early legionary set), and you advance your unit throughout the game, but making it better makes it more expensive too. It's like an extra feature next to the main avatar map, so now you can get 2 things by capturing provinces: New retainers/units and new armor/weapon pieces.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Make it slow-paced, I want proper skirmishes before battles and huge scale maps.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

hello everyone... as this is a special topic for multiplayer in Rome i would like to inform all followers about this topic i made

The whole Totalwar Petition in detail / multiplayer community feature request *updated 24.10.2012

i know some ppl are against petititons but please read it first and think about to sign and spread. it is about demanding a global chat lobby again for Rome 2 like we had in Rome 1 and MTW2
    Thank you for your time lads.
    Last edited by alQamar; October 23, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Plug Pullers get a loss credit to them.
    You mean this is still an issue after all these years? This is equivalent to causing road rage, it was so common from MTW to M2 and I'm sure STW before that.
    Last edited by Armatus; July 07, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

I am not to fond of the vs multiplayer in many games. I more enjoy the Shogun Coop campaign! So I really hope they expand upon the multiplayer coop aspect of it...
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    Have to agree with many people here that more than 1v1 campaigns are needed, i know alot of players that just wont play it because 1v1 is not every epic at all and want multiple players in the campaigns at least 4.

Me two, I have friends that would buy the game just to be able to play 4 player campaign multiplayer, but they don't with it just 1v1 [try as I may].

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    One thing that i request from multiplayer is to be workable, so simple.
    I was never able to finish a multiplayer campaign in shogun 2, because we always had a desync at some point.
    Get that right ca, i mean , get the multiplayer to actually be playable, and you dont have to do anything else after that

Same here, it was so annoying,is there way to create new server or something?.

Why only one thread for the whole of multiplayer discussions? For some players multiplayer is all they play for and they would probably like their own forum section to discuss multiplayer ideas they have...

Please consider adding a multiplayer forum in support of the rtw2 multiplayer community on these boards so they can have their say as well as the sp guys.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Why only one thread for the whole of multiplayer discussions? For some players multiplayer is all they play for and they would probably like their own forum section to discuss multiplayer ideas they have...

Please consider adding a multiplayer forum in support of the rtw2 multiplayer community on these boards so they can have their say as well as the sp guys.
    Obviously there's not a whole lot of discussion in this thread, so considering this rate of posting, why would the multiplayer need a separate forum section?

Demand & Supply

Multiplayer
    Rome 1 had multiplayer, but it was limited to the real-time land battles. Multiplayer's improved exponentially since then, in the Total War series, and campaign map (think Civilization) multiplayer is now a relatively new, but default proposition.
    "We're not planning to drop campaign multiplayer," said Simpson. "It's reasonably popular. Actually, more people play that than I thought would. I thought it would be a fairly niche thing, but it's not."
    When we previewed Total War: Rome 2, Creative Assembly told us it was "planning something big" for the game's multiplayer.

From a eurogamer article. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-2-information

about the big thing they plan

"We haven't said yet what the big change is going to be," Simpson commented, "but it's bigger than that [an evolution of the campaign map multiplayer]."
    "Seriously," he added, when pressed, "we're not talking about it yet. Apart from anything else, we actually have to pull it off. Until we've actually seen it working and are really sure about it, we won't start talking about it.
    "But it's ambitious, I will say that for it."
    Obviously there's not a whole lot of discussion in this thread, so considering this rate of posting, why would the multiplayer need a separate forum section?

Demand & Supply
    There is not much to discuss yet. Its just annouced, and there are almost no details. Wait a bit longer till more previews and the GamesCom. I hope CA will be there.

I really hope those "big news" are revealed to be a 4 player MP Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    I really hope those "big news" are revealed to be a 4 player MP Campaign
    That news would be as good as hearing they were doing rome 2 wait 1 sec.

No. The big news was not about the campaign they said. Something new.

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

having the multiplayer campaign will be epic, me and my friends would have a blast, so i hope its more than 2 players on multiplayer campaign

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

I can't wait to play as Macedon again in MP... IF there een is a Macedon...

Will people have to stick to one faction if they play MP battles if they want to further their army?

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post

Demand & Supply
    People would be encouraged to post their mp ideas if there was a forum for it.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post
    I can't wait to play as Macedon again in MP... IF there een is a Macedon...

Will people have to stick to one faction if they play MP battles if they want to further their army?

~Lyra
    good question. Ask it in the C'A ask and answer thread. Dont expect any good answer tough.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

i also though mp (and i dont think about mp campaign) is coming to short in this forums thats why i opened this thread but aswell there is no "rate of posting"... are we that "out" as player of multiplayer battles?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=549805

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

I hope the multiplayer still has custom factions.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I asked for a sticky just for the Avatar Campaign/classic battles but no response.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!