View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    It's not exactly fun when you're playing against hackers though. The priority should be the single player experience.
    Exactly, which is why a hotseat campaign is genius. If the AI is great, you'll both get that AND your friends as opponents/allies.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

It's not exactly fun when you're playing against hackers though. The priority should be the single player experience.
    It is not like you will always face strangers. Just think about the following: playing multiplayer campaign with your FRIENDS/RELATIVES. From that perspective, and for the sake of introducing a feature that has been demanded for years, online campaign is a MUST in my humble opinion. Hotseat campaign IS NOTHING in comparison to a potential online campaign. Just think about it... Hotseat is boring, limits the players and is a mere hint of what could actually be done in a TW game in terms of multiplayer.
    Last edited by Metallistic; July 03, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

figure out a proper way to tie in the main campaign map with a larger group of people. I would love to play through the campaign with some friends (more than 1).
    War is peace.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

This issues that concern Campaign game multi-player and Avatar Campaign are like apples and oranges. We need a separate sticky for each.

Please!
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

bartozer's Avatar Libertus

Many people play with friends who also own the game and most online gamers come to TWC to meet groups of other people who like playing multiplayer.

Ragox's Avatar Foederatus

As a member of the biggest German Total War clan (Legends of Total War), I was able to gather a lot of feedback over quite some time.
    These thoughts are by far the most common inside our clan:

Don't make lobbies region locked.

Improve the Netcode to provide more stability and less connection problems in online play.

Either remove the Quick Match function, or improve it so it actually works reliably (esp. 2v2, 3v3, 4v4).

Don't include the Avatar Campaign, all the different factions/units offer enough variety already.

Allow mods to include a small, clickable thumbnail in their mod, which will be shown beside the server name, when you host a game with it. Clicking it will lead to the mods download page etc.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragox View Post
    As a member of the biggest German Total War clan (Legends of Total War), I was able to gather a lot of feedback over quite some time.
    These thoughts are by far the most common inside our clan:

Don't make lobbies region locked.

Improve the Netcode to provide more stability and less connection problems in online play.

Either remove the Quick Match function, or improve it so it actually works reliably (esp. 2v2, 3v3, 4v4).

Don't include the Avatar Campaign, all the different factions/units offer enough variety already.

Allow mods to include a small, clickable thumbnail in their mod, which will be shown beside the server name, when you host a game with it. Clicking it will lead to the mods download page etc.
    Agree with all except one, Avatar Campaign is the best part of the game.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

boboav's Avatar Decanus

I really hope that multiplayer system will be like empire/napoleon
    Modder of "Bellum Crucis" and "De Bello Mundi"

updated the original post. And will update with new details if there are some. Please PM me if you know new facts.

I'm really happy with the multiplayer. I loved FOTS mp and expecially the avatar campaign. Its quite a lot of fun. Tough, i hope for a Lan/hot seat option!.

I really hope the big plans are to allow more than 1v1 with campaign multilayer.

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    multiplayer campaign with more than two players is a must for me
    agreed
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 05, 2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: d-post

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ironbrigade View Post
    agreed
    YES! I thought they would have done that for Shogun 2, or FotS (improving from NTW MP campaign), but no.

I would like CA set up a MMO game where players login to play as senators etc - 4 to 8 players for the Republican Roman faction, similar for Carthage, Greeks individual kings, etc

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    I would like CA set up a MMO game where players login to play as senators etc - 4 to 8 players for the Republican Roman faction, similar for Carthage, Greeks individual kings, etc

R
    That sounds interesting, but impossible to happen

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post

R
    Too time consuming, the old RTW system with independant battles was sufficent and better for competitive gaming.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Hello guys! As Rome II will be released soon (well not really, almost 2 years actually ) I have decided to make a steamgroup for those of us who are interested in Multiplayer Campaigns, so if you want to find someone to play with, you can go there and ask anyone anyways, here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Rom...layerCampaign/

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Hello guys! As Rome II will be released soon (well not really, almost 2 years actually ) I have decided to make a steamgroup for those of us who are interested in Multiplayer Campaigns, so if you want to find someone to play with, you can go there and ask anyone anyways, here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Rom...layerCampaign/
    Umm, no offence, but may I ask why is the Steam group organized too early? I mean, we haven't even seen a single gameplay preview, but whatever. Will join in the right moment(hoping it will have thousands of members then).
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I hope they tone down or rethink a lot of the gimmicky aspects of multiplayer (notably the Veteran Units, retainers and customisation). They'll actually have variety in the unit choices this time, so I don't see a lot of these differentiators as necessary as they were in Shogun 2. I want to do away with all of the cost/stat fiddling that was Shogun 2 and move onto battles where more real-time strategic decisions influence the course of play.

I also anticipate greatly this 'increase of scale' that they've been talking about. Not only do I hope to control more men on the field but also to be able to control greater amounts of units in a more manageable way to the classic 20 units system. Arcadey, Starcraft-II-esque micromanage fests (that Shogun 2 online very much was akin to)should make way for more long term and pivotal strategy in my opinion.

Can't wait ofcourse!

Evan

Ca have already confirmed mp campaign is in for rome 2, if its still just 1v1 tho is uncertain!
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Exactly, which is why a hotseat campaign is genius. If the AI is great, you'll both get that AND your friends as opponents/allies.

Not to be offensive but using hackers as an excuse to promote hotseat over online is absurd. Especially when you can find friends you know over the internet much faster than you go run down the block and get your buddy who has the time to come over to your house and sit down with you.

Besides, I like actually being able to play against my human counterpart on the battlefield. I hated when I played hotseat in Kingdoms and having the AI control my boys, they would screw it up and there goes my well experienced stack.

Ofcoarse that was M2TW AI and CA is promising us an AI that will be on a grand scale.

- Wes

Have to agree with many people here that more than 1v1 campaigns are needed, i know alot of players that just wont play it because 1v1 is not every epic at all and want multiple players in the campaigns at least 4.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY