Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War )

Quote Originally Posted by Ensis1410 View Post
    Kalisz could be too close to Poznan, Sieradz is a bit further, so Sieradz is in a better strategical position.

Vladyvid the OiM he was and it was good.
    Thx, also look very elegant. The OIM was a very cool one unit of the peasantry(czerń) as in the Renaissance mods. I lack such ordinary peasants(czerń) who rebelled against the nobility.
    Such, for example:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Ensis1410; July 24, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Ensis, I already tried convincing them to do what you're suggesting, but some people say cossacks weren't poor. There were some rich cossacks of course, but most ones were poor. Or they say that many pictures (like the ones you show for example) are fantasy and that in no way such clothing was historical for them.

If you want to continue this conversation and try to convince our friends, I suggest you read everything since page 5. And good luck !

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I guess that is a cossacks and peasants debate rather than just cossacks, because the russians are in my opinion right to think peasants were not cossacks. Then at some level it seems to be a semnantic issue. Anyway I agree that there should be some peasant militia available for the Zaporozhyan faction. ... very large units, like hordes of orcs ;P hehe

You have to remember one Cossacks Zaporoska is not the whole Ukraine. Zaporoska Cossacks were well armed, but the Cossack army was composed not only of them. During the uprisings was the rural population.

In OiM1 was well

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    I guess that is a cossacks and peasants debate rather than just cossacks, because the russians are in my opinion right to think peasants were not cossacks. Then at some level it seems to be a semnantic issue.Anyway I agree that there should be some peasant militia available for the Zaporozhyan faction. ... very large units, like hordes of orcs ;P hehe
    I it's a language problem. The Russians are not right. I clearly stated several times that there should be units like the ones you describe (like hordes, poor cossack peasants). It doesn't matter if you call them cossacks or peasants or cossack peasants; the message is very clear. There should be units in it who like poor peasants, like Ensis said, regular rural population. This is something I've also said several times; not only the "warrior cossacks" fought, during the uprisings the rural population fought too. Then when we got this far, the Russians showed us a picture of what according to them is "rural population". IMO they should be dressed in another way, like on Ensis' pictures. But the Russians say that kind of clothing is fantasy. The Russians are wrong, partly because they don't understand everything I'm saying.

who rebelled against the nobility.
    Such, for example:
    %)))
    this fantasy figures "cherns" are with Flag of Chernihiv regiment (polk reestrovy!!!) % ))))
    that clearly shows the level of knowledge about cossacks of the author figurines

Here are the rights Cossack under this flag

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Swedish Kingdom
    Faction lider - Karl IX - 69 years old, King
    12 provinces from the start: Stogholm (Capital), Evle, Falun, Karlstad, Kalmar,
    Abo, Helsingfors, Revel, Narva, Vyborg, Korela, Noteborg
    Make that Åbo
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

No fantasy, just can flag false. These figures are regarded as excellent in Europe. In addition, farmers also understand the formation and not every peasant was the sicz. Zaporozhian Cossacks to the elite, the rest of the army consisted of registered Cossacks, who have betrayed and peasants. You think that the peasants did not take part in the uprising?

PS: it will be possible to set the settings trucks/rolling stock (tabory) in a defensive position?

Last edited by Ensis1410; July 26, 2012 at 04:45 AM.

i'm not shure if it possible... tabory its mounts and they have mount formation...

Well, there are wagon forts in Medieval 2 so perhaps they can be implemented as a fort model for the Cossacks?

How's progress coming along guys?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I meant wagon forts its mounts and cant be something else...

progress dont stop)) we complete turks units and began persians..

Yes, there are wagon units which are mounts. But then there's a wagon fort model if I recall correctly. I've seen and used it in the battle editor. It's a similar model to the one from Rome:

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I'm not sure its possible with M2 engine..

I've been playing The Deluge mod for Mount&Blade Warband lately and I have to now agree with the previous posters that many of the textures used on the units are even better than With Fire and Sword. The clothing is in particular really well done.

Can't say much for the model quality, I don't know about that stuff.

Hows the work going guys? and when does this mod comes out approximately?

work is continues)) if everything will be ok release in autumn...

Can you post any screenshots of your current work? e.g. map, in-game, menu etc. ?

An autumn release, eh? That early? Sounds great!