Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Unit?

Default Re: Favourite Unit?

My fav are roman leigonary cohorts. Why? It may be the 3rd best roman unit but it only takes 1 turn to recruit. Suddenly getting a army to reinforce a city or break a seige takes too long to recruit. (At least at the beginning 40 percent of the game.)

Chariot Archers. Cheeky bastards.

Beserkers, they just destroy EVERYTHING

Silver shileld phalanx and legionaries are great, love the seleucids!!

Cataphract,if used properly with horse archer they can destroy a roman army full with Legionnary cohorts with less number

Rather3's Avatar Civis

Forester warbands, when skirmishing, they can take on full stack roman armies!

i like legionary first cohort,basically i love roman factions and units.

Spartans and Armored Hoplites(Being a Greek fanatic). I love the look of the Armored Hoplites and Spartans are Spartans. For a non Greek unit I have to go with Persian Caverly

Hm....I play only mods lately, right now XGM. My favorites...Armored Elephants, Cretan Archers, Foot Companions, and Heavy Onagers. You'd be surprised how effective can Onagers be in combination with phalanx.

I'm finding the hoplites, once they've upgraded armour and have some experience, are pretty darn good. Even militia hoplites, when used in conjunction with their much heavier big brothers, are good at holding the enemy at bay, especially when those pesky Carthaginians grow a pair and try to assault Messana with three times as many troops as I had garrisoned within...

It would be Spartans if their skins didn't look retarded; as such, armored hoplites, as they have some of the best infantry armor in the game, especially when fully upgraded. Other than that, any pikemen; pikes beat all, when properly supported. As for cav, my favorites are typically cataphracts. I find any sort of skirmishers units to be highly valuable when on my side but annoying as hell on the enemy's side; I need to assign otherwise important units, typically cavalry, to run them down. Which is generally why I almost always butcher my enemy's fleeing soldiers, for payback.

Well I am a huge fan of Pontus. In campaign they are my fav faction. My secret weapons are the Bronze Shields and Scythed Chariots. However the Chariots are what cause the most havoc so I will go with them. My second fav are the Scythian Noble Archers. I conquered the whole eastern part of the map with them, wiping out Armenia, Parthia, Pontus, and even Egypt.
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Either Cretan Archers or Rhodian/Balearic Slingers. And anything Scipii.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cretan archers, they are good in any situation
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Don't laugh at me but one of my fav to use is auxilia. One can basically take the entire western map with a stack of 10 auxilia, 2 early cohorts, 3 archer auxilia, 2 roman cav and a decent general. The reason i like then when going to the outback or Africa is that i can retrain them at every city i take so my stack stays full and doesn't get bogged down waiting for reinforcements

Im suprised nobody has said anything about Cretan Archers. A crucial part of any hellenistic army

Quote Originally Posted by Rather3 View Post
    Forester warbands, when skirmishing, they can take on full stack roman armies!
    Indeed once in a multiplayer battle i was commanding Macedon standard macedonian army gold/gold Royal Pikes gold/gold Compaignons and Bronze attack Cretan Archers and he had Foresters Chosen Swordsmen and Noble Cav and he almost defeated me with skirmishing a amazing fight because it was a ffa scored so i thought Gaul... ah easy target

I like Urban Cohort because of their beatiful armor.

Avorozer's Avatar Laetus

I like the legions of Rome unit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast