Thread: unhandled exception has occurred

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Default unhandled exception has occurred

Hey Guys, I just got an error when launching the game that says: unhandled exception has occurred.
    and then it gives 2 options, Continue and or Quit, so click on Continue but nothing happens, I need some help please, and thanks in advance

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: unhandled exception has occurred

I also got it, but dos not matter;
    Close launcher when you have selected all you want, including yer (after that you get that error I pressume?) Then just start game trough steam!
    As long as sub-mods are in data folder, and user.script is correct, it doesn`t matter how its launched.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    I also got it, but dos not matter;
    Close launcher when you have selected all you want, including yer (after that you get that error I pressume?) Then just start game trough steam!
    As long as sub-mods are in data folder, and user.script is correct, it doesn`t matter how its launched.
    I tried this and it doesn't work...

anybody who fixed this problem? sorry the english!

For anyone reading this, to save you the trouble, LME is a bit of a anomaly when it comes to what we are all used to regarding setting up a mod install. So for any of you who are lucky enough to simply install and the launcher actually works and it correctly addes whatever additional elements you check marked....well we hate you. For us low bottoms, here is a guide to setting up LME along with some precautions.

1st the Precautions. Why? Because these are game breaking areas in which I kept crashing in battles and had no idea why until I read through the ENTIRE instruction guides.

1 - If you plan on playing on less than Ultra unit sizes via the in game settings menu, you will need this fix: http://iutlandmods.com/index.php/fil...download&id=13

2 - If you have a crappy CPU and cannot play in resolution over 1600x900 pixels, you will need this script: http://iutlandmods.com/index.php/fil...download&id=14

To install either, just unpack and place in your normal NTW Data folder.

What to do if launcher does not work like OP in this thread. This will be easy for any TW player who has a decent history with playing mods. But odds are, you already did this and would not even be reading this.

What you will need to do is two things. First, you will need to add which mods you would like to play with (along with the main LME mods) into your user.script.txt file which I will explain how to do below. Next, you will need to move mod packs to your data folder from a different location they where put at during your LME install.

Step 1:
    Editing your user.script.txt

To edit your user.script.txt, you first need to find it (if it is even there). To do this, start NTW and then close it. Next, go into your appdata folder (do a quick search of "How to find my appdata folder".
    Once inside the folder, go to the following path Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Inside the script folder, you may or may not see the user.script.txt file. If you do skip ahead to the next line. If you do not, open notepad (or the preferences.script.txt file) and name/rename it user.script.txt. If you decided to rename the preferences.script.txt file, be sure you delete everything showing in the file so it is just a blank page.
    The next thing you will need to do is to add the main LME files along with any of the submods you wish to also use. To do that, it should be in this format.
    mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack; (OPTIONAL!)
    mod LME4_Pdguru.pack; (OPTIONAL!)
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack; (OPTIONAL!)
    mod LME4_WOS.pack; (OPTIONAL!)
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

(OPTIONAL!) means that they are not needed to play the mod. Delete the entire line for any you do not wish to have on. If you wish to have one of the optional ones on, remove "OPTIONAL" at the end of the line and leave the rest.
    For other campaigns just substitute "LME4_Camp1805.pack" with the filename of the campaign you want to play!
    Also it should be noted that you can only have one or the other one regarding the following:
    These two will conflict. Both are battlefield smoke
    mod LME4_BSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;

Step 2: Moving files to the Data folder

Not done yet! If you want to use any of the additional unit packs (dur..of course you do!) then you will need to move whichever ones you want to add to your main NTW data folder. To do that:

- Navigate to your main NTW Data folder. There, you will notice a folder called "LME_Files".
    - Simply move whichever unit mods you want to your main NTW Data folder.

DONE
    Last edited by Switz; May 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM.

I had this issue today and my resolution was that it was installing onto the C drive, when my game/root folder I actually the F drive.

I then selected "edit script manually" and copy pasted the list

mod any_other_compatible_mod.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;
    mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack; or LME4_USM.pack
    mod LME4_WOS.pack; or LME4_BSM.pack
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack; or any other campaign pack
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

and deleted the ones I didnt want to use
    Last edited by BazzBrother; April 24, 2022 at 11:22 AM.

I've tried the aforementioned methods but when I get to the main menu, I still get vanilla Napoleon. Can somebody help me launch this great mod properly?