Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Werner
    Hi!

Haven't had much time to play yet, but I found a few bugs, not really bugs, only cosmetic stuff really. :hmmm:

The pictures of the Alae Hastati and Principes aren't the same as the roman ones, they have 'n beige block in which they reside:

And a bug with the building browser display:

Looks like a great mod, I look forward to playing it.

Good job, keep up the good work.
    Thanks. Look forward to it. Yup, for the pics I ******ed up when editing/saving the background (some alpha chanel etc... ) Anyway as it's not so serious I'll leave it maybe for a full Gold version later on as I don't want to pack/unpack all my UI's etc. It makes a large upload/download unfortunately.

About the text, I though I have corrected tat. Well, anyway there's still some text to correct and it will make into the next patch.

p/s: Since English isn't my first language, maybe some of you can look/correct my grammar also and I need help with those who's well verse in Latin. :wink:

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Miles

Apart from the ctd at 275 everything is fine now. I am at 263...i think. A lot of fun..you can actually loose the fights. The romans are much weaker then they used to be. A great plus!!! Still some questions. In which roman cities can I build military ports, and when???

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bello Gallicum
    Apart from the ctd at 275 everything is fine now. I am at 263...i think. A lot of fun..you can actually loose the fights. The romans are much weaker then they used to be. A great plus!!! Still some questions. In which roman cities can I build military ports, and when???
    Basically in any provinces that have timber rsource (you can see on the strat map the timber pips). In Italy it's in the south (Tarentum) and the north (Juenensis). However, these provinces must be develope further and you'll need to build shipwright first before war ports is avialable. However, if you're bold enough to snatch Syracuse from the Greeks, the province starts with War Port avialable from the beginning.

this mod is awesome.
    why didnt you reduced number of triarii to 80 men though? that'd make it even more realistic. and i noticed that cretans' and slingers' moral is a bit too high. the unit of cretans was holding 4 units of my hastati+principes without breaking for quite a while, in one of the paths leading to the town plaza! it wasnt town plaza itself where they would get moral boost, but pretty far from it.
    nice mod!
    too bad i got CTD on rebel turn. instaled everything following instroctions to the letter.
    here is save
    http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=137918

This is mod is really awesome. Everything in my game was running perfectly untill I got a CTD on the rebel's turn in the summer of 268. I installed it exactly as you said. Here is the save http://rapidshare.de/files/26128616/...68ctd.sav.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan-117
    This is mod is really awesome. Everything in my game was running perfectly untill I got a CTD on the rebel's turn in the summer of 268. I installed it exactly as you said. Here is the save http://rapidshare.de/files/26128616/...68ctd.sav.html
    i cant be too sure but think its just about the same year as yours. rebel turn...

Okay. Thanks. I see it when I get the chance to play a bit later. Anyway, are these crashes repeatable ? I mean, usually when I had a CTD, I'll reload the autosave and so far it's not repititive.

Non-repetitive usually means medium priority bugs and it usually happenes because of a lot factor, hardware and software alike.

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

HI Lestat
    about CTD's i have read somewhere that:
    If a rebel faction is emergent, and a family member goes over to the rebels when the rebels are dead (i.e. they have no settlements) then you will get a CTD.
    So you will have to make new Trait that will stop that,and family member will go to rebels only when they have settlement(s)

Macedonn

Miles

I've Just been attacked by Carthage on Sicilly. And it was a Seebased landing. Never had that in any mod. Not on that scale. My Troops defended bravely, and in the Streets of Lyliabeaum they managed to crush the cartagian army...3500 men against 1000. I thoght that was the great victory, but as luck will have it, another army is on it's way. Same sice! Very Challanging. And Macedonia is expanding like mad. They already destroid two factions. Thats gonna be messy.

I really enjoy this mod.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maced0n
    HI Lestat
    about CTD's i have read somewhere that:
    If a rebel faction is emergent, and a family member goes over to the rebels when the rebels are dead (i.e. they have no settlements) then you will get a CTD.
    So you will have to make new Trait that will stop that,and family member will go to rebels only when they have settlement(s)

Macedonn
    I'm still looking into BI files to see the relevence between WRE & WRE rebel to make a comparison. I tried to spawn by script (by giving them settlements on certain date) but didn't work out. :hmmm:

Need to experiment more... But I guess I'm gonna play my campaign first until I got stuck..

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    Okay. Thanks. I see it when I get the chance to play a bit later. Anyway, are these crashes repeatable ? I mean, usually when I had a CTD, I'll reload the autosave and so far it's not repititive.
    i did just that. about 4 times. same rebel turn CTD!
    it's a shame coz this is one of the best mini-mods i've ever seen.
    5. Install Imperator II mod (directly or through mod-switcher)
    how do i do that? it didnt give me an option. after i had Imperator installed i saw the switcher in the folder though. how do i install it through the switcher, where can i get it?
    Last edited by Sarkiss; July 18, 2006 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    i did just that. about 4 times. same rebel turn CTD!
    it's a shame coz this is one of the best mini-mods i've ever seen.

I'm still checking the cause of it. Anyway in my own game I'm past 259 BC already so your CTD is something specific, probably some map problem or some traits. Have you tested changing few movements or cancel some buildings in que to see if the CTD is gone ? Sometimes these method works for those unexplainable CTD's.

Check here for some CTD hunting procedures.

how do i do that? it didnt give me an option. after i had Imperator installed i saw the switcher in the folder though. how do i install it through the switcher, where can i get it?
    The JGSME (which I included) is very easy to use. Just put the .exe into the folder where your RTRPE is installed. Run in once and you'll see a new folder is created name MODS.

Then install any mods into this folder, for example, the target line is like this:

"F:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total Realism\MODS\Imperator
    You can also have other RTRPE base mods through this method as long as the main folder is RTRPE.

I'm still checking the cause of it. Anyway in my own game I'm past 259 BC already so your CTD is something specific, probably some map problem or some traits. Have you tested changing few movements or cancel some buildings in que to see if the CTD is gone ? Sometimes these method works for those unexplainable CTD's.

Check here for some CTD hunting procedures.
    I have tried to cancel all the buildings that were being made and stop my armies but it still crashes at the rebel's turn. I'll try to use that link and look for the cause.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

I am having trouble with a game stopping CTD on the Rebel turn in the summer of 268. Is there a fix for this? I have tried going back to previous saves and trying a different strategies but the game still CTD's in 268 on the same Rebel turn. Very frustrating. This is a great MOD and I hope a fix comes soon for this bug.
    Work of God

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    I am having trouble with a game stopping CTD on the Rebel turn in the summer of 268. Is there a fix for this? I have tried going back to previous saves and trying a different strategies but the game still CTD's in 268 on the same Rebel turn. Very frustrating. This is a great MOD and I hope a fix comes soon for this bug.
    As far as I know there's no specific date 268 BC CTD as I am past that date with no problem whatsoever. However, if you can upload you save games I might take a look in that.

Anyway, what version of the mod are you using ? The 1.1 without the new campaign option (in add-on pack) or with the new campaign option ?

So far I have played the Sarmatian can perform horde and also settle into new lands with no problem. The possible cause of CTD's are probably because of the emerging shadow faction. In my own game I haven't had the Roman rebels yet so I cannot actually point out if that is the cause of the CTD's. However, if that is the cause of the CTD (as pointed out by Macedonn) any patches or changes etc wont be save game compatible.

I might try another approach of this suspected problem and also to help the smaller factions from being engulfed earlier in the campaign I think I'll give Numidia, Parthia and also Armenia hording ability.

By the way, I'll post here my own save games for those who stuck to maybe continue playing the game. Just make sure you have the version patch to v1.1 and the new campaign option installed..

A small patch 1.2 is needed also which list the small changes here:

Version date: July 19th 2006

* Changelog v1.2
    ------------------------------------
    * Gives smaller faction less build times.
    * Some edits in unit stats. Makes pirates a bit weaker.
    * Some editted traits.
    * Add new cursor by Kos007
    * Some text edit in export_unit.txt
    * Sprites for Caius' Spartan by Dav the Hun.
    The patch v1.2 is already released. You can download it here on the first post.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 19, 2006 at 04:50 AM.

I might try another approach of this suspected problem and also to help the smaller factions from being engulfed earlier in the campaign I think I'll give Numidia, Parthia and also Armenia hording ability.
    hm, Armenia as a horde?!
    i have a request/suggestion.
    since all armies dont have the banners any longer its is difficult to see them sometimes.
    especially during summer time. is possible to give an army a spear or something with their faction symbol on it? like an eagle for Rome and so on. to make them more distinguishable. something similar to the unit symbols in the battlefield.
    i dont know if its just me, but i can barely see an invading army on my land. the only thing that pointing at it is enemy fleet on my shores.

hm, Armenia as a horde?!
    i have a request/suggestion.
    since all armies dont have the banners any longer its is difficult to see them sometimes.
    especially during summer time. is possible to give an army a spear or something with their faction symbol on it? like an eagle for Rome and so on. to make them more distinguishable. something similar to the unit symbols in the battlefield.
    i dont know if its just me, but i can barely see an invading army on my land. the only thing that pointing at it is enemy fleet on my shores.
    Actually there's a way to make banners show without showing the strenght limit but it involves editing some texture files (which I'm totally s**k at ) Caius had explained to me and I'm learning to edid the flags but the end result is not satisfactorily yet. That's why for these releases I opted for the text edit (much more my expertise)

For the meantime, you can use the original descr_banners.txt from vanilla or RTRPE and the banners comes back.

Miles

What about the Makedonian Build Time? Will they be as strong as they used to be?

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bello Gallicum
    What about the Makedonian Build Time? Will they be as strong as they used to be?
    They are the same as romans. But their smaller neighbour like Thrace have less buildtimes so they can expand quicker.

Miles

Well, I just tried, and Makedonia is still expanding like mad. I really had to support the Illyrian finacially and with mercs to stop the rapid grow. Sea blockades as well...But with my first legions I'll strike...and then *harhar* :devil:

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.