Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

What's New :

* A new single installer using the mod switch concept combining both RTRPE v1.8 & Imperator II
    * New loading screen base on works by StudUK
    * Revised starting denarii for factions. Rome starts with 20000 in Imperator Campaign and 100000 in Marian Campaign
    * Updated unit stats by evil-SHADOW
    * Nerfed Macedonia. Now the contest are mostly between the Greeks, Thrace and Illyria
    * Tarentum, Syracuse and Qarthadast (Africa) starts with war ports. Romans can quickly develope naval fleets by taking these provinces (not that it's easy..)
    * 2 new legions added, Adiutrix and Germanica using skins and UI by Limes (Ancient Empires)
    * A new Collegia building added to all provinces to counter revolt CTD. A place where all walks of citizens and seedy characters gathered. Some for criminal activities and worse to spread rebellion.
    * Senate button deleted thanks to Macedonn
    * Give both starting Consular Legions a Consular Banner each (Imperator Campaign)
    * Give each legion a Legion Banner according to legion number

Campaign Map :

* Revised RTR map by chanks
    * Calaevia (city: Calaevia) in Germania.
    * Border Changes - These are literaly everywhere and are far too numerous to list. Its easier to say only. Mainland Greece has not been touched. Mostly done to enhance road system, but also done to use natural features as borders.
    * Port Addition - Segestica, Delmatia on the Adriactic now has ports. The South Caspian Sea also has more ports. Sardis nows has a port representing Ephesus. The port of Patavium has been moved off the river so it can be used for landings.
    * Modified some settlement ownership to incorporate the new faction.
    * Removes landbridges by Stalin Man of Steel
    * No flags on stratmap showing troop levels in settlement. You'll need to use spies more before attacking any settlements. An idea from Caius Brittanicus' Crusades Mod.
    * Some map correction by Anallein (RTRPE v1.8)

Buildings :

* Reworked auxilia buildings.
    * Mini temples and auxilia buildings cannot be destroyed.
    * Added garrison building for roman.
    * Roman can only build one major temple, but many mini temples.
    * A new 'collegia' placeholder building to prevent CTD (fix by Salvor Hardin for RTRPE)

New Roman building conditions :

* Temples.
    In Imperator II, there's only one generic temple buildable by Romans. Except the starting province, all new conquered settlement can only build temple once it reached the 3rd level of auxilia (Societas). Romans don't really enforce their religion to the conquered nation and they in fact adapted those religions to Roman. The MTM temples are still in place and in fact Romans can build all 2 level temples avialable (shrine and statue). Please note that this demo hasn't been completed in term of editing names etc so you might find some has been renamed and some don't.

* Provincials.
    There's a thread above regarding the provinces. However, the 1st auxilia represents the subjagation campaign, the 2nd level represents the colonizatin process and the 3rd auxilia repserents intergration. After this level, player can choose whether to rule this province under Procurators (Provincial Government) which brings much wealth through trade but limited unit recruitment to only the AOR units or to grant this province full Roman Citizenship status where all citizens can enroll in the Roman Legion. Of course no AOR units are avilable anymore.

* Naval.
    The naval condition is still the same as Imperator 1.0 version, which 2 types of ports are avilable. Trade ports for trading (3 levels) and War Ports for naval vessels (2 levels) which can only be build if the province has timber in it. This is basically an earlier version on naval mod.

* Garrisons
    This new building are buildable once the subjugation campaign is completed. It provides law bonuses and also where local militias are recruited. Once the province is romanized, the garrison can be upograded to be used as recruitment center for the Roman Legions.

* Build times.
    Generally build times are doubled and so are the cost to take the 4tpy mod in effect.

Factions :

* 2 new factions added which are Epirus (at the start of the campaign) and Roman Rebels which will emerge if the loyalty is low representing civil war.

New Units/Conditions :

* Pre-marian -
    * Hastati , Principes & Triarii can only be recruitable in AOR Italy
    * Alae Hastati & Alae Principes are recruitable outside AOR Italy
    * Coloni Militum can be recruited both pre & post marian if Garrison is build
    * Post-marian -
    * Named Legion recruited according to specific AOR region
    * Legio I Italica - Recruited from among the citizens all over Italy
    * Legio II Augusta - Recruited from the former Carthaginian province
    * Legio III Gallica - Recruited among various Gallic and Celtic tribes
    * Legio IV Scythica - Recruited from the tribes of the Schytians and Sarmatians
    * Legio V Macedonica - Recruited from the provinces of Macedonia
    * Legio VI Ferrata - Recruited from the Greek Provinces
    * Legio VII Alaudae - Recruited from the province of Gauls
    * Legio VIII Gemina - Recruited from the provinces of Germania
    * Legio IX Hispana - Recruited from the province of Iberia
    * Legio X Primigenia - Legion recruited in Rome from among the true Roman citizens
    * Legio XI Cyrenaica - Recruited from the conquered Egyptian province
    * Legio XII Fulminata - Recruited from the Umbrian region in Italy
    * Legio XIII Fretensis - Recruited from the province of Egypt and Syria
    * Legio XIV Parthica - Recruited from among the citizens of the eastern provinces
    * Legio XV Appolinaris - Recruited from the province of northern Italy
    * Legio XVI Triana Fortis - Recruited from the Eastern provinces
    * Legio XVII Claudia Pia Fidelis - Recruited from the conquered Eastern province
    * Legio XVIII Macriana Liberatrix - Recruited from among the Iberians and Numidians
    * Legio XIX Minervia - Recruited from Germans and the Numidians
    * Legio XX Valeria Victrix - Recruited among various Dacian and and Scythian tribes
    * Legio XXI Adiutrix - Recruited from the home regions of Umbria
    * Legio XXII Germanica - Recruited among the tribes of Germania

Notes: While these legions historically exist, the numbers and recruitment area has been re-arranged for gameplay/balancing purposes. While their stats are basically the same, however diferent legion will act differently in different ground conditions. For example, a legion raised in Egypt will not perform well in the forest of Germania and will have trouble and prone to ambush.

* Imperial Legions - If one play longer into the campaign, with the birth of dynastic empire, all Roman Legions are recruited more in systematic way. Now the Legions are basically the same in weapons and armour. They will have a standardize equiptment and were given square shield instead of the regular oval shield and a new lighter but stronger armour famously known as the lorica segmenta.
    * All footbase auxiliary units get 0 turn recruitment, generally all AOR units get 1 less turn recruitment from factions units.

Scripts :

* Imperator II uses scripts base on Marcus Camillus 4tpy version 1.92 with some add-ons
    * Spawn army according to historical events
    * Special diplomacy triggering for certain events
    * Auto merged units from TFT mod (thanks Stuie)
    * Client kingdom features by Epistolary Richards
    * Imperial reform (disable the republican legion and introduce the imperial legions)

External mods included fully/partially:
    ----------------------------------------------

* Marcus Camillus 4tpy v1.92 mod for RTRPE
    * Darth Formation v16.0 for RTRPE
    * Realistic landscape mod by Anyan
    * Modding legions pack by GODzilla
    * Bigger Roman Forts by LT1956
    * New WarCry mod by NorthHammer
    * New interface by Snake IV (editted/added by Macedonn)
    * Sinuhet's AI formations 2.0 for "RTR Platinum Edition" (optional)

Unit Skins / Models / Sprites:

This mod basically uses the RTR graphics images except where stated. Different legionaries skins are re-use RTR skins from previous version

* Horse-skins by Pinarius
    * Alae Hastati & Principes by GODzilla
    * Roman centurions and Imperial legionsby GODzilla
    * Roman officer skins by 1hHoplite
    * Italian Swordsmen & Spearmen for Roman by Candelarius
    * Naval reskins by Riczu74
    * Roman standard from TFT mod (thanks Stuie !!)
    * Epirote Pikemen skins by Koinos
    * Some reskins for legionaries by King Arthur & Macedonn
    * Unit card for Ferres/GODzilla/Pinarius skins by AlCord
    * Some legions skins and UI's by Limes from Ancient Empires mod
    * Updated legions UI cards by evil-SHADOW
    * New Roman Legate and Greek General skins/models by Caius Brittanicus

Special Notes:

* Imperator II was created for the designer and therefore reflects his view of gameplay
    * This mod was never designed to rival any other mods, nor was it done for personal glory, but for personal gameplay satisfaction and I hope you'll do too
    * This mod is base for Rome Total Realism : Platinum Edition v1.8
    * There is no house rules to play this mod and every player is free to play in his own preferable way
    * However, for best gameplay experience, it is advisable to play on huge unit setting, with hard campaign and battle
    * (Included) preferences text file where my personal campaign is played. You can turn this off by deleting the preference folder before starting the game the first time

Very Special Thanks:
    RTR developers, RTRPE members, TFT team, Marcus Cornelius Marcellus, Cheexsta, Ryman2489, Candelarius, Macedonn, Imperator, Sinuhet, Darth Vader, evil-SHADOW, Tiberius Nero, Stuie, King Arthur, Fattimus, chanks, Marcus Camillus, Koinos, Anallein, Snake IV, khsayathiya, TiFlo, CaesarCS, Riczu74, bucellarii, 1hHoplite, Salvor Hardin and the 77bc mod, Ahmose, Caius Brittanicus, Anyan, NorthHammer, Spartacus, GODzilla, Pinarius, AlCord, EB mod, RTR forum, twcenter.net forum, totalwar.org forum
    Thanks to all those who supported this mod and voted as the 'Most Challenging Modification for RTR-2006', special thanks to Marcus Cornelius Marcellus for his S.P.Q.R. Redux AAR which help alot to advertise this mod further, the players who comment and report regarding bugs etc. Also if there's anyone who I might have miss whom believes that they have contributed in the developement of this mod I apologize for the mistake and p.m. me and all will be corrected

Disclaimer:

Imperator II is not supported or endorsed in any way by The Creative Assembly, Activision or Sega. All of the work included with this modification is mostly my own, and has not been taken, borrowed or stolen from anyone. Credit has been given when and where necessary. Note that any infringements present are purely unintentional. This material in this modification may be included in other public modifications in a complete and unaltered state. Adaptation may only be made to the extent necessary for the material to be used as intended by the creator. These conditions can be waived with the creator's express permission. It also may not be used for any commercial purpose. The creator of the modification must be identified within the credits included in any release. If you wish to use any part of this modification (i.e. my own work, not that of The Creative Assembly) in your own projects, please contact me in the form of a Private Message. Additionally, the work of other modders is included with this modification, so you will need to be given specific permission from the author(s) if you wish to use their work in your own projects.
    This modification also includes some images from HBO series Rome. If you find it offensive and believe that it is illegal to use the images, you can delete the eventpics folder inside the ui/roman/eventpics folder.

...........................................................................................
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; June 14, 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: New download link for V2.1 Full

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: Imperator II - a mod of Rome for RTR Platinum Edition

While basically the units are the same as in regular RTR (6.0 Gold or RTRPE) there are some additional units included.

Pre-Marian

Alae Hastati

Alae Principes

Coloni Militum - these units exist before and after the reform, usually used for agrrisoning the town/cities.

Post-Marian

Legio XVI Triana Fortis

Legio IV Scythica

Legio X Primigenia

Legio XVIII Macriana Liberatrix

Legio V Macedonica

Note: I have release the mod v1.0 and is now avialable for download. For those who are unfamiliar, this is a Roman base mod specifically for RTRPE version 1.6 and will need RTW/BI patched to 1.6 to be able to play. It will not work (or caused complication) if playing with RTW 1.5 only.

Please see the main thread here at the main RTR forum.

download finished, but i can not get RTRPE 1.6 now, for that download link does not work for me!!!

Anyan's Avatar Civis

Amazing ideas in this mod!!! Very good work friend!
    World around us may will be beautiful, if it`s understanding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87018
    Creator mod for RTW "Realistic Landscape" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I download this mod , and after some dificulties to install, its not very easy , i play the mod,its a good sub mod .
    The mod have BI interface and change the religion for greek roman culture influence , have some new buldings, but have some problems ,its the first version i know , but in the battle field ,the formactions ai are very week,for expl. the archers charge against enemies ,and some times dont fire one single arrow,i m gonna try use a Darth formaction to improve the game,because they are very bad in this chapter,...sorry my english.
    PS:And missing the flags.
    The Roman camp are superb.
    Last edited by pajomife; July 11, 2006 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt
    I download this mod , and after some dificulties to install, its not very easy , i play the mod,its a good sub mod .
    The mod have BI interface and change the religion for greek roman culture influence , have some new buldings, but have some problems ,its the first version i know , but in the battle field ,the formactions ai are very week,for expl. the archers charge against enemies ,and some times dont fire one single arrow,i m gonna try use a Darth formaction to improve the game,because they are very bad in this chapter,...sorry my english.
    PS:And missing the flags.
    The Roman camp are superb.
    If you mean for the AI formation I am using Darth's (which were included in RTR Platinum) and only editted the romans_brutii faction (Epieros) to use Greek/Hellens formations.

The flag. Yes. That's an idea I took from the Crusades mod (from their great preview). One actually has to click on the army/settlements to actually have any idea of the units strength.

As for the problems (except wrong installation) mostly are regarding scripts. It's being look into as of now and will release some add-ons in a week or so to reactify this matter.

The flags are no problem i extrange because are the first mod who dont use that,its a good idea.
    The major bug is the enemies archers or slingers , they dont took posicion , they dont fire , i with a unit of funditores kill one createan archers unit and a balearic slingers , and they only fire one or two times,i think that Darths improve the range of fire ,but the enemies units sill try to aproach.But I like the mod.Keep improve them.
    PS:I kill Pirros , and now he return?

The flags are no problem i extrange because are the first mod who dont use that,its a good idea.
    The major bug is the enemies archers or slingers , they dont took posicion , they dont fire , i with a unit of funditores kill one createan archers unit and a balearic slingers , and they only fire one or two times,i think that Darths improve the range of fire ,but the enemies units sill try to aproach.But I like the mod.Keep improve them.
    PS:I kill Pirros , and now he return?
    Your generals lied to you. He's only wounded actually, though not mortally. :original: He left for Sicily to tend his wounds. :tooth: Senate politics and such. Anyway I've found the bug in the script for CTD in 275 BC and will upload the fix in 24 hours (after few more add-ons).

However, for quick fix if anyone have any experience in modding and would like to try, the solution is simple:

1. Open the script_4tpy_dates.txt file from the data\scripts\show_me folder.
    2. Open it with text editor (notepad will do)
    3. Click edit , then click find..., in the find what: type alae hastati
    alae hastati
    4. Change both line where it says alae hastati into alae roman hastati
    5. Change alae principes into alae roman princeps
    6. Save and restart you campaign. It's save game compatible.

I might wait for few more bugs to come before releasing it. As for balancing etc I'll only wait mostly when no more major bugs encountered.

The new Pirros army goes to the north , into Gauls lands and don´t mess with me,its my lucky becuse my armies are in south.
    I have some problems with ilirian pirats who atack my cities from the sea , its new for me becuse in the others mods i only have a north and a south front and in this one i have a east front to,its a good improvement , but its a a ramdom case no? or you pretend to do that?
    PS:Subjugatio is a good idea , but if he exterminate the populaction , we dont have to do that, so i think that you have to improve those scripts to dificult the ocupaction of the south cities , they have the some greek-roman culture, and we dont need big garrisons to leed with them,i only build subjugatio after financial buildings, so i have all the greek and etrucian cities in my power, in the battle field , still have the enemie missil issus , and when i atack a non walls cities ,after a siege when the enemies atack and i dont have the army in position ,my army have a strange beauvior, they are mixing , when i clik in a several units and try to position in a determiate place they run to the citie, you must see what its happend.
    PS:4TPY , why ? Im gonna finish the game before i get imperial units, and why 280 BC ,only TFT have a diferent epoch ,all the mods start in this epoch ,the second Punic War ,with Annibal marchig to Rome ,was a good time to star one mod.

PS:I do what you say but still have a 272 BC CTD ,even if i try to pass to withot use 4TPY i have game CTD when independets stats icon apear.
    Last edited by pajomife; July 13, 2006 at 06:57 AM.

The new Pirros army goes to the north , into Gauls lands and don´t mess with me,its my lucky becuse my armies are in south.
    I have some problems with ilirian pirats who atack my cities from the sea , its new for me becuse in the others mods i only have a north and a south front and in this one i have a east front to,its a good improvement , but its a a ramdom case no? or you pretend to do that?
    PS:Subjugatio is a good idea , but if he exterminate the populaction , we dont have to do that, so i think that you have to improve those scripts to dificult the ocupaction of the south cities , they have the some greek-roman culture, and we dont need big garrisons to leed with them,i only build subjugatio after financial buildings, so i have all the greek and etrucian cities in my power, in the battle field , still have the enemie missil issus , and when i atack a non walls cities ,after a siege when the enemies atack and i dont have the army in position ,my army have a strange beauvior, they are mixing , when i clik in a several units and try to position in a determiate place they run to the citie, you must see what its happend.
    PS:4TPY , why ? Im gonna finish the game before i get imperial units, and why 280 BC ,only TFT have a diferent epoch ,all the mods start in this epoch ,the second Punic War ,with Annibal marchig to Rome ,was a good time to star one mod.

PS:I do what you say but still have a 272 BC CTD ,even if i try to pass to withot use 4TPY i have game CTD when independets stats icon apear.
    Thanks for the review.

1. The AI dictates what Pyrrhus wil do. Somethimes if you have a strong garrison or at that time you are neutral with Epirus they will not attack.
    2. The occupation of the same Graeco-Roman culture is intended to be more easy that barbarian or eastern land. They share the same philosophy.
    3. The stack auto mix through scripting. It's basically to discourage cheating by retraining cohorts that have few units left with high experience into a full cohort again. It is from the TFT mod feature that I copied.
    4. Well you'll need 150 provinces to win the game and one of the province is in Britain where pre-imperial reform you don't have any troops recruiting ability there. Only imperial reform units can be recruited in Britain.
    5. If possible can you upload to me the save game because in my testing I'm unable to have yet rebellion happening, so I cannot correct that as I do not have the idea which part that I'm missing.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    The flag. Yes. That's an idea I took from the Crusades mod (from their great preview). One actually has to click on the army/settlements to actually have any idea of the units strength.
    Is it possible to have them back, it's sort of ruining my game play? How can I make them return?

Haven't had a chance to explore the rest of the mod any deeper yet, but it sure looks great. Just as the demo! Thank you!

Edit: The reason I want them back is to be able to see where my armies are and also to see what faction other cities and armies belong to. I know that it might be a bit unrealistic to be able to see the approximate number of enemy troops instantly, but to me the negative sides with not having banners are much bigger.
    Forts look empty when they are full, I have to search for my armies, the sprites look a bit foolish with their hands stretched out holding nothing, etc.

I suppose it's manageable in the early game, but when you have a great number of cities and armies I am guessing it will be unplayable without banners/flags.

Again, thank you for a great mod!
    Last edited by Barrabas; July 13, 2006 at 03:47 PM.

I fix the problem ,it was a army in a campain map without any unit inside, but now i have one major problem, were is my SHIPS , i cant get a navy , i hve a dokyard level 2 in Rome and i cant build a ship??????

AngryTitusPullo, Great work.

but perhaps you can make an optional addon to make the flag visible, for sometimes it is difficult for me to find my general and the army.

I fix the problem ,it was a army in a campain map without any unit inside, but now i have one major problem, were is my SHIPS , i cant get a navy , i hve a dokyard level 2 in Rome and i cant build a ship??????
    Well...

* Naval.
    The naval condition is still the same as Imperator 1.0 version, which 2 types of ports are avilable. Trade ports for trading (3 levels) and War Ports for naval vessels (2 levels) which can only be build if the province has timber in it. This is basically an earlier version on naval mod.
    So, in the Italian Peninsular, only Tarentum (and Jenuensis) up north have shipbuilding capabilities. The mod (and Rome Total War itself) I believe are about land battles, so I prefer to limit the shipbuilding capabilities to certain provinces only.

Personally, I have those sea-battles, though I didn't disable them altogether, at least I make them more infrequent.

About the flags, copies back the original descr_standard.txt in data folder (hopefully you guys install this through modswitcher or have multiple installation) and the flags will be back in.

I have release as add-on pack for Imperator II. Download link is avialabl on the top of the first post here . It contains a pack with 2 installer.

Download and unpack (you'll probably need winrar) on your desktop and installl patch v1.1 If you wanted to start a new campaign please install the new campaign patch. The new campaign patch may not be compatible with the save game.

-:-:-: Imperator II Add-ons pack :-:-:-

Version date: July 14th 2006

* Changelog v1.1
    ------------------------------------
    * Added Caius Brittanicus new Hellenic officer and Spartan reskins
    * Udated to Marcus Camillus 4tpy v1.93 for RTRPE 1.6
    * Correct script error for CTD in 275 BC and few others
    * Updated stats in export_descr_unit.txt
    * Added RTR intro for -mod: mod switch when using RomeTW-BI.exe
    * Correct some mercenaries pool entry
    * Update events sound file

* For new campaign v1.1
    ------------------------------------
    * Separate entry for roman garrison building from Eastern/Carthaginian/Egyptian entry
    * Added back Senate faction as place holder to prevent unexpected late turns CTD
    * Make Sarmatians into hording faction

Please pay atecion with future compatibilitie , this is a long game , im in 268 , make all add ons compatibles with saves games,
    The ports are good idea ,but tarentum are so undeveloped so i must wait many years to atack sicily,( you take the land briges),well im gonna take the cisalpine Gaulia.

PS:A plz make the futures patches a little tiny, 100MB is a mod.( My internacional trafic is 4 GB )

PS:macedonia offer me an aliance and a map imformaction , tanks god im acepting , they conquer all the grece , and they reach to sweden , i have 1/5 of they power,in 263 BC, they are over power dont you think?
    Last edited by pajomife; July 14, 2006 at 07:49 PM.

I tried to install your mod, but after I've installed everything and try to change the exe target name it tells me the target box isn't valid...help anyone?:hmmm:

Please pay atecion with future compatibilitie , this is a long game , im in 268 , make all add ons compatibles with saves games,
    The ports are good idea ,but tarentum are so undeveloped so i must wait many years to atack sicily,( you take the land briges),well im gonna take the cisalpine Gaulia.

PS:A plz make the futures patches a little tiny, 100MB is a mod.( My internacional trafic is 4 GB )

PS:macedonia offer me an aliance and a map imformaction , tanks god im acepting , they conquer all the grece , and they reach to sweden , i have 1/5 of they power,in 263 BC, they are over power dont you think?
    The patch is a bit bigger because of the inclusion of RTR start movie (which wouldn't be avialable instead when using BI.exe). Next patches if avialable wont be that big. :original:

Regarding the Macedonian, well unfortunately it's happening al most of the mods, even vanilla RTRPE. Anyway, one in a while, in some campaign the Greeks do make an impact.

Anyway, even with the Macedonian are bigger, since the exclusion of the landbridge, the Macedonian are doing what Alexander hope to do if he lived a bit longer, conquering the west instead the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator-2
    I tried to install your mod, but after I've installed everything and try to change the exe target name it tells me the target box isn't valid...help anyone?:hmmm:
    I do not understand you. What do you mean by everything ? :hmmm:

Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast