Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

  1. #1

    Default A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Step 1: Move your infantry just inside the firing cone of enemy infantry
    Step 2: Turn off fire at will
    Step 3: Wait for enemy to run out of ammo (don't worry, you won't lose a single man)
    Step 4: Walk to within 2 feet of enemy and shoot them all dead
    Step 5: Uninstall EIC

  2. #2
    zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    a forest
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Wow, that'll come in handy when I play on Easy/Easy, thanks!

    On a more serious note, however, I've never once experienced an Issue with the AI firing from it's farthest range. Generally they opt to get rather close before thy open fire; it all depends on what kind of troops and terrain they have. Too bad you don't like the mod, it's one of my favorites.

    -- zxcvmnb

    TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

  3. #3
    Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    17,442

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Yeah, uh...you say that again when you play on VH/VH, tropdars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Specter View Post
    Quit this train of thought lest the Hedge Clippers of Shut the Up be loosed upon your posts.
    thank you based hoxha

  4. #4
    TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,957

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    You should always move your men as close enemy as possible, that way i won british redcoats with only handful of militia!

  5. #5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    You're all wrong, here's the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEVvPBhXJc This really does need to be fixed.

  6. #6
    TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,957

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post
    You're all wrong, here's the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEVvPBhXJc This really does need to be fixed.
    What you mean "all wrong"?

  7. #7
    Tribunus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ascension, St. Helena
    Posts
    7,336

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    That "proof" probably has alot more to do with the fact that they're both regiments from the same player.

    Nice attempt at a joke, but the delivery was poor. Closed.

  8. #8
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,735
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    If this is a real deal I am willing to take a look at it.
    Thread Re-opened

  9. #9

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    I decided to give EiC mod a stab, and quite frankly I have seen similar behaviour on hard\hard difficulty somewhat frequently. Mostly on flat\open ground, mind you.

  10. #10
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,735
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Interesting I don't seems to be able to replicate this..

  11. #11
    The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Well, he made a vid of it and isn't that proof enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

  12. #12
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,735
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Not saying it's not true.

  13. #13

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    OK so the OP is correct, under the same circumstances it is always replicated this same result, infantry units can not hit anything at max range.


    EDIT: I fixed it.

    Okay so the problem is the damage of missile/bullet weapons. Default EIC values for bullet damage are hovering around 1.6, 3.0 for puckle gun, however I have read in another thread that anything over a value of .99 for bullet weapons causes strange behavior. So i changed all the damage values for the various bullet weapons to .99 inside EIC_projectiles (db -> projectiles_tables -> EIC_projectiles) and it now causes casualties at max range. Having changed no other values other than damage, I witnessed about 10 casualties per unit over the course of 5-6 volleys. so it is a very very low kill ratio, but I think this is what the mod author wanted anyway. This was using british line vs british line, no experience.

    the changes are very easily made in PFM, so if you want it fixed now before official fix is made, get to it!
    Last edited by mobucks; December 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

  14. #14
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,735
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    thank you for sharing will most defiantly fix this

  15. #15

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Quote Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
    OK so the OP is correct, under the same circumstances it is always replicated this same result, infantry units can not hit anything at max range.


    EDIT: I fixed it.

    Okay so the problem is the damage of missile/bullet weapons. Default EIC values for bullet damage are hovering around 1.6, 3.0 for puckle gun, however I have read in another thread that anything over a value of .99 for bullet weapons causes strange behavior. So i changed all the damage values for the various bullet weapons to .99 inside EIC_projectiles (db -> projectiles_tables -> EIC_projectiles) and it now causes casualties at max range. Having changed no other values other than damage, I witnessed about 10 casualties per unit over the course of 5-6 volleys. so it is a very very low kill ratio, but I think this is what the mod author wanted anyway. This was using british line vs british line, no experience.

    the changes are very easily made in PFM, so if you want it fixed now before official fix is made, get to it!
    Awesome! Do you think you could post a download for those of us who are too inept to be messing around with pack files?

  16. #16
    aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    2nd gundeck
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    is this problem solved yet? just aksing before i download. thanks


    NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds


    my brown power ass in your white power face.

  17. #17
    General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,735
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Yes but not updated.

    I still never got this and some people did so I strongly suggest you download the mod, try it and if you get this error move your men closer.

  18. #18
    Laetus
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post
    Step 1: Move your infantry just inside the firing cone of enemy infantry
    Step 2: Turn off fire at will
    Step 3: Wait for enemy to run out of ammo (don't worry, you won't lose a single man)
    Step 4: Walk to within 2 feet of enemy and shoot them all dead
    Step 5: Uninstall EIC
    unfortunately this is very true.
    this mod tried to balance the muskets by nerfing them but they did it WAAAAAY too much.
    i had times in which a cavalry unit of 100 men was just in from of my men standing still, 4 squads firing at them- which would make around 450 men shooting at once- and they only killed two horsemen.
    they keep firing for more 30secs or so to kill yet another horseman, this was at what you could consider to be a long range attack with musket, but they were at range so they weren't that far.

    that being said, all my fight end up with melee charges from all my regiments since the only ones able to hit anything are the long range skirmishers with smoothbore muskets.
    cannons might be also slightly underpowered at short range since the canister shot will never kill more than 10 men at once unless they're at point blank. but this is a small time problem, what they should really fix is the muskets range/hit.

    if that matters i play on hard campaign and very hard battles; also, i play on hard because the AI usually cheats in the campaign map, is that problem addressed in this mod?

    thanks and keep up the good work

  19. #19

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Yes but not updated.

    I still never got this and some people did so I strongly suggest you download the mod, try it and if you get this error move your men closer.
    It's not an error, it's a 100% reproducible design flaw. The only reason you think that you haven't seen the issue is because it gets obfuscated during large battles with lots of units. If you watch closely, you'll notice--like I did--the fatal design flaw in musket accuracy.

  20. #20

    Default Re: A 5 step guide to winning every single battle in EIC

    Did someone get a better look at this? Modifying the values to .99 as posted before cause any mod inconsistencies?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •