Thread: Help Downloading

Default Help Downloading

This mod looks good so I decided to give it a try. I downloaded it to C:\program files\activision\Rome - Total War but the game won't launch. And when I look at the file I don't see any original RTW files and I can't find these files anywhere, just shortcuts.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help Downloading

I'd need a bit more info on what you did, how you installed, your system (operating system esp).

Here's a few things you might need to check first..

Quote Originally Posted by STEAM INSTRUCTIONS
    2. If using STEAM then go to "My Games", right-click on the "Barbarian Invasion" item and select "Properties". Select "Set Launch Options" and in the box that comes up enter " -mod:bi\eod -nm -show_err" (without the quotation marks). You can then "Create a Desktop Shortcut" for the mod using those parameters.

1. If you are running a 64-bit Windows system or Vista and cannot run the .exe file, first try running the file as administrator and/or disabling User Account Control.
    Mod CTDs on Vista

1. If using Vista and the mod crashes to desktop every time you try to play a custom battle or campaign, then you need to locate your "Virtual Store" (C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore), delete all its contents and launch the mod again.
    Thanks to Aradan for the instructions.

And welcome to the forums..