Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game won't start

Default Game won't start

I installed the mod following the instructions.
    I'm sure I did nothing wrong during the installation.
    But when I press "Play Roma Surrectum II" in the Launcher I can hear the drums, but then nothing happens... Not even an error message.

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit, on a laptop.
    Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GT 555M
    CPU: Intel Core i7 - 2630 QM, 2.0 Ghz

Please help me.

Default Re: Game won't start

Are you using Steam?
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

No

Ok, I got sick of trying to fix this problem so I reinstalled everything.
    Uninstalled Rome Total War and deleted the folder.
    Then I tried reinstalling everything AND updating RS2 to the 2.5 beta version.
    This time it does give me an error: "can't find string" or something like that.
    I've looked it up on the forums and it appears the RS2 installation files got corrupted during the download.
    I'm trying to download the torrent version now.
    If this doesn't work I'm done with this... Such a shame of a great game.

Got the same error again...
    Unknown event string razed_settlement
    It's not the Roma Surrectum II download, could it be a corruption of the Rome Total War installation?

Could you try to do this please?

To fix this problem, do the following:

1. You need a clean and patched up version of RTW.
    2. Download all the RS2 files, as shown in the release thread.

3. Now, install the RS2 mod to a new folder, created on the desktop. Mine is named Roma Surrectum 2.
    4. When the mod has been completly installed, copy and paste the entire contents of the Roma Surrectum 2 folder, located on your desktop, to your freshly installed RTW game. folder.

5. The new launcher that has been created on the desktop doesn't work. This is because it is a shortcut that the installer has directed towards the Roma Surrectum 2 folder located on your desktop, which isn't a game folder. To fix this, right-click the shortcut and change the Target and Start In lines so that both point to your correct RTW folder.

So in my case, "C:\Users\Al Simmons\Desktop\Roma Surrectum 2\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

becomes "D:\Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

etc.

6. If you did everything correct, the launcher on the desktop works. If it doesn't delete it and create a new shortcut from the "Roma Surrectum II.exe" file located in Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher.

Enjoy!
    Patron of ybbon66.

Thans mate, it worked.
    Starting a campaign with Pontus

I am using Steam, and I have the same error, can someone help with this?

Have you tried to follow those instructions to install the mod?
    Patron of ybbon66.

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Have you tried to follow those instructions to install the mod?
    Thanks for replying, I was trying to avoid having to redownload the vanilla game from Steam, but I did and followed those instructions and it's working perfectly. (though I do have to change the launch options everytime I want to try a new faction)

The launcher does not work?
    Patron of ybbon66.

The launcher does not work?
    No it doesn't, just becomes unresponsive like stated above.

Also that mentioned Script that adds a denarius every time you run it, well it only ran the first time I opened the game with the mod, now the script doesn't run but I have found no problems at all regardless.

I assume your Steam folder is in the program files?
    If that's the case, could you try to copy paste the folder where you have installed RS out of Steam and the program files, and then put it somewhere like C:\games?

After that, download the launcher file at the bottom of this message, extract the two files, and copy/paste them to your new RS folder, in the launcher folder. Overwrite the files.

Could you tell me if it now works?
    Patron of ybbon66.

I assume your Steam folder is in the program files?
    If that's the case, could you try to copy paste the folder where you have installed RS out of Steam and the program files, and then put it somewhere like C:\games?

After that, download the launcher file at the bottom of this message, extract the two files, and copy/paste them to your new RS folder, in the launcher folder. Overwrite the files.

Could you tell me if it now works?
    And the risk of maybe messing it up again, I'd rather not try it, it's tedious like this but I'd rather play than having to redownload the game again, thank you though.

Sorry to use this thread again but didn't want to look like a spammer and create a new one, is the 2.5 patch found in the Download Links stable or is it the Beta? Many thanks

It's a beta, but regarding ctds, it should be as stable or even more than the latest stable.
    The only difference is that the new trait system is not entirely working, and that elephants are overpowered.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Ah, I was interested in the new factions, guess I'll wait, couldn't unzip it anyway, Thanks.

I had the same problem and i followed the instructions however still get the error. If i apply the shortcut it still doesn't work. And i have RTW in the D drive.

when i double click the launcher, it crashes, like :roma surrectum has stopped working; check for online solutions or close the program. Any idea?

Same problem with me, launcher is broken!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast