Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This mod and RTW Gold Steam version

Default This mod and RTW Gold Steam version

I would appreciate any assistance in the installation of this mod for my Rome Gold Steam edition. I tried the add the mod extension to a shortcut of the .exe, then I got an error saying that "Steam could not be found". I have also attempted to edit the target and whatnot for the link provided in the download. I say attempted because it is entirley in the realm of possibility that I have goofed somewhere.

Anyway any help would be great. Thanks.

Default Re: This mod and RTW Gold Steam version

Cool cool, fixed it by using the -mod:WHTW in "Set launch options" so for anyone who has steam and wants this mod I would suggest that as an option.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Glad you got it working.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Hey ... i have ROME:TW Gold Ed. and so i have some question to mod installation ;p
    folder WHTW paste into steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold, yes ? ok then make shortcut of RomeTW.exe rename to "Warhammer TW" and paste in PROPERTIES > TARGET this " -show_err -mod:whtw" and now what ? create STEAM shortcut and paste there in PROP > TARGET this " -mod:whtw" ... I do that all and still dont work =( so please HELP me out ;p

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by SeibeiPL View Post
    Hey ... i have ROME:TW Gold Ed. and so i have some question to mod installation ;p
    folder WHTW paste into steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold, yes ? ok then make shortcut of RomeTW.exe rename to "Warhammer TW" and paste in PROPERTIES > TARGET this " -show_err -mod:whtw" and now what ? create STEAM shortcut and paste there in PROP > TARGET this " -mod:whtw" ... I do that all and still dont work =( so please HELP me out ;p
    Edit the RTW gold shortcut target and add "-mod:whtw" (no spaces or ") and run Rome total war.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

aaaand it doesnt work "steam not found" ...

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...15#post8217515
    follow these instructions and change what/how you have to edit accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

I can't find "Set launch options". But I still got the game "half" to work. I put the shortcut on steam and set both start in and target to the rome total war exe. But there are no sounds and I don't think the mod is fully there, so to speak. What should I do?

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

Alright, I did find the options and put -mod:whtw at the end, still no sound from the mod and all the unit cards show peasants and all the cities are empty.

TheCelticMarauder's Avatar Foederatus

Most of the unit cards at this point in time are still depicted as peasants, because not all the artwork is finished yet. All the cities being empty isn't a bug; it's just how it is in this version because of the complexity of putting units directly into cities. The new version, which is still being worked on, will have all the cities garrisoned at the start. I think new unit card art will be included, but I'm not 100% sure. As for the sound, have you checked the options in the menu to make sure it's not muted? It's been a while since I've installed it, but if I remember correctly, I had to manually turn on the sound when I first started the mod.

I am literally just about to start unit card art, it's a mess and I don't know if I'll get it all done but I'll manage most of it hopefully. UI stuff is a huge task for a team of one to two people, so it's not had a great deal of love thus far... There is sound in the current version but it may be muted.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Jubal, is any of that UI stuff unit/building descriptions? I don't really have any modding experience (aside from editing some unit values, changing which buildings recruit certain units, and adding in missing campaign descriptions), but I am really good with the English language, and I could clean up and expand some of the descriptions as they appear in the currently released version. If any of those descriptions are unfinished, would you like me to help with that?

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

Ah, I see. So the generals and etc. are supposed to sound Roman/greek etc. The battles are really cool and I guess the voices don't really matter since vanilla barbarians sound absurdly like orcs anyway.

But in one of the building descriptions it tells me that I'm not supposed to see that text in all caps, that a problem?

That's the temple of battle, right? No, that's not a problem. The building should work just fine.

Never mind Jubal. I have to rescind my previous offer because I just realized that I have very little in the way of free time to spare.

The temple of battle will get fixed in the next version, though it does work 100% fine now.

Don't worry TCM, we have it covered, though thanks for the offer; it's mostly just a case of more people => less time with all these things. Luckynumber13 is currently working on building descriptions and I've been doing more work on getting the unit descriptions up to scratch.

Hey i seem to be having the same problem, i have rome gold and alexander on steam. i installed it to steammapps/common/rome total war alexander. i then changed the launch options on steam for alexander to: -mod:WHTW
    I tired launching it, it goes to the red CA screen with all the copyright and trademark stuff. I hear a ping sound and it stops. If i press anything on my keyboard it just goes to desktop. Any help would be appreciated

Cartella, try instead installing it to the regular game's directory, not the Alexander expansion. Then go to the launch options for Rome:Total War, and enter in -show_err -mod:WHTW and launch using the regular game.

So I'm having an issue with the mod not launching within the game. I have Steam Total War Gold version. I didn't have any problems following the instructions on where to put the folder Totalwar>Data>WHTW>data...etc. I made sure to take the Second WHTW folder out of the first one from the zip file, as not to double up the WHTH folder directories.

To install the mod, you first need to unzip the files and place this WHTW folder directly inside your Rome - Total War folder.

The file structure should be roughly like this:
    - Rome - Total War
    ------- Data
    -------------- (Various subfolders)
    ------- WHTW
    -------------- Data
    ------------------------ (Various subfolders)
    ------- (Various other folders including savegames, any other mods, etc)

The most common issue here is people ending up with "Rome - Total War/WHTW/WHTW/Data", which won't work.
    As well, I found the place to add the "mod directory" in steam. I cut and pasted it from the readme file.

Then to play the mod from the Steam Library:
    Right click on RTW in the steam library.
    Click 'Properties'
    Click 'Set Launch Options...'
    type into the box '-mod:WHTW'
    But when I launch the game, the only thing that changes is I have no save files, It's still just Rome Total war. When I delete the "mod:WHTW" iI get my save files back. But that is the ONLY thing that changes....

So what am I doing wrong?

Ah, what you need is for it to be structured as RTW/WHTW/Data not RTW/Data/WHTW/Data, I'm fairly sure. Then it should be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast