Thread: The Resurgent Empire (Greek City States)

Scarecrow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default The Resurgent Empire (Greek City States)

Well I started a play through as the Greek city states recently on M/M. Right off the bat I am at war with the Macedonian's. After around 20 years of fighting, I manage to break their lines and capture the Capitol along with their lesser provinces, taking them out of the war. (Will take and post pics later, even my hand drawn map).

Not long after, the Roman Empire ( My Allies) declare war on my empire. I am fighting in Southern Thrace for the mountain passes against them and loosing at almost every engagement. In one such engagement, I managed to knock out a good portion of the Roman line of succession (Faction Leader, Heir and the next three that see to come after him) however my forces were to badly decimated to bring about a victory. I have Messina and Croton under my control and they are fighting almost every turn against the Independent Greeks and the Romans. My coffers are growing bleak as my armies wither away against the legions. My last hope is to send a force from my African colony with infantry and a unit of elephants to land in Italy and take the penisula by force. If this should fail, I fear that my empire will collapse in a long campaign of conquest.
    Legate to the Legio I Latina
    Grand Master of the Order of New Templar's

gaius_caesar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: The Resurgent Empire (Greek City States)

looking forward to reading!!