Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prussian Army Minecraft Server (Hardcore)

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Prussian Army Minecraft Server (Hardcore)

The Prussian Army Minecraft Server
    Please at least skim through this post, or you'll be slaughtered horribly and repeatedly. Familiarize yourself with the server and prepare.
    The server is being run off a very fast connection in New York. It is lagless for those of you living near there, and should have a more than decent connection for West Coasters and Europeans.

The Server and its Goals

This is a hardcore server. We are not for the faint of heart. Dying is very easy and carries many consequences. If you do not band together with other players, you will die. It is a lawless server where anything that can be done goes.
    The server stands out due to its focus on both PvE and PvP aspects. The factions coupled with the scarcity of resources such as coal, iron, and diamonds create wars over resources, wars to raid the chests of your neighbors for what they have accumulated.
    The PvE aspect is something else entirely. The monsters smell your blood. They will walk toward you, and they will stop and nothing to get you. They will dig through bases made of inadequate materials and blow them apart. Nights are often spent fending off the armies of monsters pouring through the hole they made in your wall or roof. The classic first-night hidey-hole will not work here, as you will be dug out and massacred.

While our main goal is this intermeshing of PvP and PvE combat and the tensions of resource scarcity, it is also important to us that we be fair with things such as moderation and donation benefits.
    Moderators do not have any powers outside muting, kicking, and banning players. Indeed, not even the admins have any special in-game powers. You do not need to worry about abuse from them.
    There are currently no donation benefits, but they are in the works. Be assured that they will be benign, and provide something worth donating for but not unbalancing to the server. Remember, we play on this server too, and that is the last thing we want.

Our two admins have much experience. One of which, Azrooh, operated one of the oldest servers in Minecraft. It went on for nearly two years before being shut down for good; the other is the head admin for all official North American Mount and Blade: Warband: Napoleonic Wars servers. You don't need to worry about any 14-year old admins giving out god mode for $15, or flying around planting infinite amounts of TNT in your base.

On Death

We run MCMMO. You lose 50% of all experience on death. On top of this, as a hardcore server, there are is no teleporting to other players and you can only teleport to your faction's home once every 40 minutes - and even then, only when you're in a safe area. If your faction is far away from the spawn area, this could prove problematic for you. There's also the given of losing all numerical levels and your items.
    Additionally, you have a certain amount of manpower. Each time you die this is decreased by one. For each ten minutes you survive, this is increased by one. Faction power dictates how much land your faction can own.

Monsters

Remember, all of these monsters will constantly find you and will attempt to kill you. The main four monsters you'll be encountering are as below:

Zombie - Slow-moving. Can dig through all common building materials. You must reinforce your walls to protect against these guys. High health, medium damage.
    Health - High
    Damage - Medium
    Speed - Slow

Skeleton - The main damage-dealing force. They do massive amounts of damage to unarmored humans, but are extremely brittle - dying in one hit by a sword of stone quality or greater.
    Health - Very low
    Damage - Very high

Creeper - Base-busters. These do no damage to players with the exception of the fire created by their explosion, but will enlarge holes made by zombies and catch fire to wooden fortifications. Damage from creeper explosions (NOT the fire caused by them) will begin regenerating after 20 minutes.
    Health - Medium
    Damage - N/A

Spider - Can climb walls, adept at throwing you into massive pits of monsters when you're standing on top of a tower.
    Health - Low
    Damage - Very low

Factions

Factions are the most important part of the server. If your base is going to survive, it's going to need the cooperation of more than one person.
    /f help will get you started on factions.
    If you want to jump right into it, type /f list, ask for an invite from one you'd like to join. Once you get the invite, type:
    /f join factionname
    Then, /f home to your new base.

The Prussian Army is a group of 7 large regiments, including:
    -1st East Prussian Infantry
    -19te Prussian Infantry
    -1st Freikorps Infantry Battalion
    -The Freikorps Cavalry/Infantry/Jaegers/Artillery
    -1te Garde-Jaeger Batallion
    -13te Rifle Batallion
    -1tes Kaiser Alexander Grenadier Regiment

We operate in the game Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars, and you can find the Army page as well as links to all the individual regiment pages here:
    http://forums.talewo...html#msg5346445

Hope to see you out there!
    Last edited by 'Gunny; June 25, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Prussian Army Minecraft Server (Hardcore)

I played on the server for a bit - got a few kills. My problem with the server is that the Skeletons do 8 hearts of damage per hit and spawn in droves alongside hordes of other mobs. While its nice to see the mobs modded a bit, the skele's are just a little too OP for my taste.

Overall, pretty neat server, aside from that.

Seems interesting. However, do you respawn if you die or are you completely kicked from the server?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBaconBits View Post
    Seems interesting. However, do you respawn if you die or are you completely kicked from the server?
    You are taken back to spawn, I believe beds also are an option. You can use /f home when you spawn to get to your factions location.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

Gimme free stuff gunny

Can anyone join.
    The game.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

i agree with benz's statement on the skeletons being a bit to overpowered because where you spawn building is in a snowy biome if you go down those little chutes into the water but the water blocks are frozen so you take 3 hearts of damage and if its night out and skeletons are out they will instantly kill you with one shot so it makes it a hassle to even to get out of spawn

Skeletons seem a little overkill. But because of my dad I can't play Minecraft anymore.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Well I have survived a night. It is my hope to set up a small outpost. Priority is food.

I like the mob situation, really makes night deadly.
    Last edited by Poach; June 26, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

I joined up with Gunny just in time to have our base discovered by the Barrowmen, who then lured creepers into it, thereby blowing it up. Following this, I launched a daring solo-raid against the aggressors, during which I got ~30 kills (about half of which were spawn kills, which are legal on a no-rules server).

A storm followed, with the Barrowmen being super-butthurt about being attacked by one guy on a hardcore no-rules server, which led to our faction leader giving in and signing peace (as most of the guys on the server seem to be in the same NW Regiment and the war was causing drama between them). Our current goal is to set up a new base, following the discovery of our previous one.

A HUGE thing to note about this server is that you cannot ever ever ever open another faction's chests. The only way to access them is to blow them up with TNT (which you must launch via cannons, as you cannot build in enemy lands either), or claim the chunk the chests are on from the other faction. Claiming enemy land is not impossible however (as it currently is on the TWC PvP Server), as manpower pools are roughly ~15, rather than 150, and mobs are a considerable danger to players, making it difficult to maintain maximum manpower even while at peace.
    Last edited by Benz282; June 26, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

You realise that a manpower pool of 15, losing 1 per death, means 15 lives. On TWC PvP, 150 manpower, losing 10 per death, means 15 lives. There is no difference.

In fact taking land on this server should be harder because TWC has no regeneration during war and the minimum power per player is currently minus 150 power.
    Last edited by Poach; June 26, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Benz282 View Post
    I joined up with Gunny just in time to have our base discovered by the Barrowmen, who then lured creepers into it, thereby blowing it up. Following this, I launched a daring solo-raid against the aggressors, during which I got ~30 kills (about half of which were spawn kills, which are legal on a no-rules server).

A storm followed, with the Barrowmen being super-butthurt about being attacked by one guy on a hardcore no-rules server, which led to our faction leader giving in and signing peace (as most of the guys on the server seem to be in the same NW Regiment and the war was causing drama between them). Our current goal is to set up a new base, following the discovery of our previous one.
    Yea we made the mistake of not showing them the info in this thread, so they were more under a PVE impression than PVP

What happens when manpower runs out?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I have succeeded in establishing myself! I now have a protected treehouse with some basic supplies. The mobs cannot attack at night.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The chunk I control has a stone brick wall around it, preventing entry of all but spiders. With more brick I will add an overhang to deter spider attacks also. Nightly the endless hordes of monsters crowd around my walls, baying for blood, only to be disappointed.

They break through all except stone bricks, so the walls must be of purely that material. Even so, should the outer walls fall, no monster has yet attempted to ascend the ladders to my treetop house, though I know for a fact that spiders can climb surfaces: clearly they fear me.

Any who wish it are welcome to join me. The single hardest thing on this server is surviving long enough to get established, and I have succeeded. Others can share in my success and use my humble fort.

Also, 12,000 posts!

Grats!

And I may be interested in joining you - don't have much time to play here though.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    The chunk I control has a stone brick wall around it, preventing entry of all but spiders. With more brick I will add an overhang to deter spider attacks also. Nightly the endless hordes of monsters crowd around my walls, baying for blood, only to be disappointed.

They break through all except stone bricks, so the walls must be of purely that material. Even so, should the outer walls fall, no monster has yet attempted to ascend the ladders to my treetop house, though I know for a fact that spiders can climb surfaces: clearly they fear me.

Any who wish it are welcome to join me. The single hardest thing on this server is surviving long enough to get established, and I have succeeded. Others can share in my success and use my humble fort.

Also, 12,000 posts!
    i wish to join you poach

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    i wish to join you poach
    I do too.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I'll be on there now, and will post my coords shortly.

-230, -456

Content Emeritus

Careful though, I've seen creepers climb ladders (Once had a beautiful treehouse during the testing, creeper blew up and burned it all down )

And yes, stone bricks or any sort of reinforced blocks can't be destroyed by zombies, however be wary, as they sometimes turn themselves into gravel to build a walkway ovre the walls. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast