Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

From what i said in the previous Post, I do think Missandei death is that event im talking about. Its gonna make Dany over the edge in retaliation, making Jon and Tyrion against her. I suspect she will have the unsullied sack Kings landing, lots of innocents will die. Grey worm probably just wants to unleash his anger. I dont think Cercei has much chances to win this to be honest. Even if i do think they set this episode well, in making the impression that Cercei is in advantage.

Im not sure but dany could do a "Aegon the conqueror maneuver" on kings landing, and avoiding the walls and the ballistas there. The center of the city will have not enough defenses, most likely. At any case ballistas cant fire 90% vertically.

LIke Aegon did with his dragons on Harrenhall. He flew his Dragons as high as he could above the clouds, and then dived bombed Harrenhall from above , burned the castle from its heart.

Anyway i wouldn't be surprised if she does something similar.

Jaime will probably be captured or jailed, so Tyrion can go free him from his jail cell. Then gets excuted for it

Im certain we will have a Cleganebowl, they will probably both die. Sandor trying to save Arya or something of the sort.

Gendry getting friendzoned...
    Makes sense though.

@KoH: In earlier seasons, they had a whole scene when Tyrion was ✋ Hand of the King. Bronn and Varys discussed the defense using recorded history and tactics involved in previous sieges of King's Landing. How they predicted that Stannis will attack the Mud Gate. Brilliant scene.
    Yeah that scene was great. Archmaester Ch'Vyalthan, wrote " An History of the Great Sieges of Westeros" and " An History of the House of Lannister"

BTW:

Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid, and contagious...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 06, 2019 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Where do the Unsullied spawn from? The Game of Thrones production managers have a serious problem with scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Im not sure but dany could do a "Aegon the conqueror maneuver" on kings landing, and avoiding the walls and the ballistas there. The center of the city will have not enough defenses, most likely. At any case ballistas cant fire 90% vertically.
    LIke Aegon did with his dragons on Harrenhall. He flew his Dragons as high as he could above the clouds, and then dived bombed Harrenhall from above , burned the castle from its heart.
    It's risky but it could work. She could just burnt he castle and leave the rest of the town intact.
    The Armenian Issue

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

From what i said in the previous Post, I do think Missandei death is that event im talking about. Its gonna make Dany over the edge in retaliation, making Jon and Tyrion against her. I suspect she will have the unsullied sack Kings landing, lots of innocents will die. Grey worm probably just wants to unleash his anger. I dont think Cercei has much chances to win this to be honest. Even if i do think they set this episode well, in making the impression that Cercei is in advantage.

Jaime will probably be captured or jailed, so Tyrion can go free him from his jail cell. Then gets excuted for it

Im certain we will have a Cleganebowl, they will probably both die. Sandor trying to save Arya or something of the sort.

Makes sense though.

Yeah that scene was great. Archmaester Ch'Vyalthan, wrote " An History of the Great Sieges of Westeros" and " An History of the House of Lannister"

BTW:

Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid, and contagious...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You bought it hard, it's hard to buy it; well whatever nevermind
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Who wouldn't pay money to watch...
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

How episode 3 should have ended

Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun
    Where do the Unsullied spawn from? The Game of Thrones production managers have a serious problem with scales.
    Yeh, they looked massacred at Winterfell, but apparently half survived, as did half the Northmen. They didn't say how many Dothraki lived, but it looked like their guy removed all their counters, so less than 100 maybe.

I'm putting their numbers at under 10.000 all in plus 1 Dragon. If Dorne turn up, which I think they will otherwise why mention them, I believe they have 10.000 spears.

Cersi has the 20.000 strong golden company and I'd guess she recruited fresh men into the Lannister army, could be as many as 10.000. + a ton of Dragon killing ballista.

It'll be tight, and likely come down to how much damage Drogon can do. If he gets taken out, Cersi has the stronger army.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Yeh, they looked massacred at Winterfell, but apparently half survived, as did half the Northmen. They didn't say how many Dothraki lived, but it looked like their guy removed all their counters, so less than 100 maybe.

I'm putting their numbers at under 10.000 all in plus 1 Dragon. If Dorne turn up, which I think they will otherwise why mention them, I believe they have 10.000 spears.

Cersi has the 20.000 strong golden company and I'd guess she recruited fresh men into the Lannister army, could be as many as 10.000. + a ton of Dragon killing ballista.

It'll be tight, and likely come down to how much damage Drogon can do. If he gets taken out, Cersi has the stronger army.
    Hm, it's not like the outcome will be decided by realism
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Yeah they said about half of both Northmen/Valemen and Daenerys forces were spared. They are not even trying to make sense with that considering last episode the whole castle was completely overrun by the dead, yet tens of thousands are still alive.

Logic aside, this episode had some interesting developments for Daenery's slowly but surely descending into the blood and fire mode for the next episode Im sure.

At this point Im 100% sure she is already insane, when she begged Jon to hide his true identity. I mean she was already crazy before, but that there was like a confirmation that she will have to die. Her dragon will also have to die.

I think Varys agrees with that. Tyrion doesn't want to accept it just yet, but Im sure the wrath of the Dragon Queen will finally convince him. He is not a fanatic.

It will be interesting how will Jon react, but seeing that he already has done what she begged him not to do...

In the end Jon will do what he thinks is right and stab her in the heart or something like that.

Now i noticed, D&D screw up, Gendry Bastard name isn't Rivers, it is waters.

Bastards born in the Riverlands, are Rivers. In Kings landing are named Waters.

Top notch quality writing.

Also have you guys seen the damed Starbucks Cup in the episode? lol
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 06, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

This one doesnt count against D&D, thats not their caliber of an error. Water flows in rivers so I guess they simply decided to make it like that, its not an error, just a decision to be more unorthodox. You should have a better feel of their style already, come on.

I think that the "subversions" the show writers did, and in so great a number, ultimately made most viewers lose interest in trying to estimate the more likely result, precisely because you can only be lured to estimate when you maintain the impression that there is some logic in how things progress, and not a flood of subversions and convenient/irrational events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Yeah they said about half of both Northmen/Valemen and Daenerys forces were spared. They are not even trying to make sense with that considering last episode the whole castle was completely overrun by the dead, yet tens of thousands are still alive.
    They don't really have to. We only saw fighting from one end of the keep. We have no idea how people were dispersed on the walls and how hard the wall climbing was elsewhere. Either way, after the dragon breaks the wall, if they're still climbing it elsewhere, they'll still hold their wall, while other forces in the center will redeploy. Winterfell is a big place. Our focus was on the front staging area, the front walls, running through the keep with Arya, Baric, and the Hound, the Crypts, and finally, the Godswood.

The only reserves they would have would be at the gate for holding a line as people are coming in as the front staging area are retreating in. And they were able to muster a force for Melisandre to light the trench. But anybody on that rather large wall around that rather large keep, would be stuck holding that wall. But we wouldn't be watching them. We'd be watching characters. We know where are characters are. The places I listed.

Now, the characters, were in the last stand type fighting where when you throw around numbers like "X thousand deployed here" it actually becomes relevant. Because they were trying to hold an area where not only had the gate been wrecked but the wall had been blown wide open and the zombies were just so casually bumrushing them. But...point of god damn order. You just don't know the condition of the wall anywhere else. They could've just as easily been taking turns with dragonglass spears poking zombies all night. Because when you have such an easy entrance as the front, what's one thing you do? Keep defense from reinforcing it. But when all you do is distract defense, they're not gonna die until you shift your focus to them. And we do know the NK was pretty focused on what he wanted to do.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 06, 2019 at 01:36 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos
    I think that the "subversions" the show writers did, and in so great a number, ultimately made most viewers lose interest in trying to estimate the more likely result, precisely because you can only be lured to estimate when you maintain the impression that there is some logic in how things progress, and not a flood of subversions and convenient/irrational events.
    Yes they do a lot of subversions, and thats their way of being genius, in their minds im sure. Only that it destroyed a lot of build up from the previous seasons. So like the previous seasons plots ended without real conclusions and im not gonna go into the details lets just leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin
    We have no idea how people were dispersed on the walls and how hard the wall climbing was elsewhere.
    Thats the problem indeed, that we dont know so much of what is going on during that battle. I can admit it is reasonable some forces would be spared, but half? Lets just say its just lazy writing. The same situation in Hardhome (well, in Hardhome they were inside not outside and still didnt survive) ended in a complete obliteration of the settlements defenders, but then we could at least see that. Here, the night is dark and full of events that you dont see happening but then just have to believe they happened because that is convenient for the next battle? Thats probably something like your troops getting wounded/knocked uncounciouss in Mount and Blade. Is that a great idea? Seems to me like more Stark forces were killed during the Red Wedding than the battle against the dreaded NK. Is that ok? Does that feel right? Freys worse than the White Walkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin
    They could've just as easily been taking turns with dragonglass spears poking zombies all night. Because when you have such an easy entrance as the front, what's one thing you do? Keep defense from reinforcing it. But when all you do is distract defense, they're not gonna die until you shift your focus to them. And we do know the NK was pretty focused on what he wanted to do.
    Yes we can specutale what could have been going on, but the point is that we should know that, or at least have a pretty good idea. That was not a short battle. They just didnt want to go into such details because that would complicate things, cause like you cannot be blatantly saying half of them survived if all we saw was people dying everywhere and only a handful of heroes surviving. If you dont show it and let people specutale, you can get away with a lot more and keep lots of fans happy, it seems. Is that so brilliant? Maybe it is, maybe it is really not...

Thats the problem indeed, that we dont know so much of what is going on during that battle. I can admit it is reasonable some forces would be spared, but half? Lets just say its just lazy writing.
    It's not lazy writing. It's you being lazy. This is a tv show, not a war documentary. We follow the characters through the battle. They come back in after-action the next episode and we find out over-all how it happened. Yes, it was a desperate fight, especially where we were at. But it was no Thermopylae where every person in the keep was known to be trapped and surrounded and being cut down in an utter desperate last stand.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I like how he discusses "fans" (uses another term) and how even most of them by now were let down. But - indeed - bad writing isn't something that just happened in s8e03; it was this way for many seasons now.
    Also like that he refers to fans trying to account for so many messed up writing by saying "it's just fantasy!"

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

You're probably not far off the mark, considering the *unconfirmed* leaks for season 8 by supposed crew members who worked in spots like Northern Ireland and Spain. That being said, months ago, those same crew members revealed the Missandei and Rhaegal death scenes, and Jaime betraying the North, among other things like Lyanna Mormont becoming a wight. Then again GOT apparently filmed a bunch of fake scenes and endings to the show, so who can say for sure? Everything you've suggested will most likely transpire, though.

Roma we both know who leaked the script.

Obviously was Sansa

It's not lazy writing. It's you being lazy. This is a tv show, not a war documentary. We follow the characters through the battle. They come back in after-action the next episode and we find out over-all how it happened. Yes, it was a desperate fight, especially where we were at. But it was no Thermopylae where every person in the keep was known to be trapped and surrounded and being cut down in an utter desperate last stand.
    Well you are missing the whole point that exactly about half of them survived (btw that is a LOT, considering apocalyptic life vs death scenario). The point is that it was conveniently just enough to balance their forces more or less even with Cersei's. And that is NOT lazy writing? SMH in freaking disbelief

I mean ok, everyone has their own opinions and at the end of the day you know, doesnt matter, its a tv show. Anyhow trying to be the advocate for D&D is pretty sad i guess, without saying too much. Strange. We live in strange world. People care more about a tv show than other people dying or living and i know that goes to me too but i guess that is the culture nowadays, we just dont give a f. Well i got a little offtopic there, nevermind.

I did like that we lost a dragon, that was stupid how it happened but in the end, dragons must die. And more people too, the characters i mean. Bran should have died, he is so useless, at least could have been a dramatic death, hmm wishes.

Vladyvid, it is pretty pointless to argue with fanbois. By now even most of the show fans are having a very negative view of it, so any left to vehemently defend it would be too hardcore to listen to arguments ^_^

Well you are missing the whole point that exactly about half of them survived (btw that is a LOT, considering apocalyptic life vs death scenario). The point is that it was conveniently just enough to balance their forces more or less even with Cersei's. And that is NOT lazy writing? SMH in freaking disbelief

I did like that we lost a dragon, that was stupid how it happened but in the end, dragons must die. And more people too, the characters i mean. Bran should have died, he is so useless, at least could have been a dramatic death, hmm wishes.
    It's not enough to balance their forces with Cersei by the numbers. They're totally ed if they move without resting and healing. And do you know what they did? They moved without resting and healing! Do you know what this is? This is you not paying attention to details.

And to follow. They lost a dragon to a fleet. And probably quite a few Unsullied. Nevermind the ships they could've held the port with. Do you know what this is? This is you not paying attention to detail.

It is nice that you notice they lost a dragon, but all you're doing is saying "they lost a dragon *shrug*". You're not appreciating just what those dragons have done over the show. Just how much undead they took out over season 7 and season 8. Just how many Lannister supply lines a single dragon took out in Season 7. Just how many ships they could've taken out if they had two? You're just going, aww...screw it...they lost a dragon.

That's like...damn...they lost half their close air support the way they could use these things, they lost half their artillery the way they could use these things. You just....don't have a creative mind. Get thinking!

Look man...I might just be wrong here with this mistake they've made. But with some of the books I've read, sometimes people like you don't appreciate why in history armies are just content to sit and wait. There was literally a ing argument about this in the war room. and of all people you sure and can't blame Sansa about it.

----------

And even if they balance their forces. The tv show is ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. The next battle will follow the characters we have been following for 8 god damned seasons. It won't be flitting around the battlefield so you can know wtf is going on around King's Landing for your own Heart's Desire. It's gonna follow the god damn characters.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 06, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson