Page 524 of 527 FirstFirst ... 24424474499514515516517518519520521522523524525526527 LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 10530

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

So the KG went from Ser Arthur Dayne to Ser Pod Rodayne.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    So the KG went from Ser Arthur Dayne to Ser Pod Rodayne.
    Pod the Rod, still laying pipe in Westeros, even among the girls in the Riverlands.
    King Robert "Bobby B" Baratheon would be proud of him and his own son Gendry.

Speaking of romantic relationships, though, it appears that every single one of them has either ended in failure or doom for basically all characters except...Sam and Gilly?

* Jaime Lannister left Brienne and died protecting Cersei, who also died.
    * Jon lost Ygritte and then killed Daenerys, who had previously left Daario in Essos after losing her husband Khal Drogo.
    * Sansa was raped by Ramsay Bolton and it doesn't seem like she has any interest in marrying a king and co-equal partner up in the North.
    * Arya slept with Gendry but then left him as lord of Storm's End so she could travel the world as an explorer, instead of being Gendry's lady.
    * Bran is a cripple who can't have children.
    * Lord Robin Arryn's arranged marriage with Sansa seems to have been forgotten, along with Tyrion's marriage to Sansa.
    * Ser Davos' flirtation with Missandei obviously never went anywhere. After Missandei was executed, Grey Worm left Westeros to go live in her original home of Naath as its militant protector.

So yeah, I guess Bran won the Game of Thrones, but Sam Tarly won the Game of Bones, because he's the only major character left in a stable, long-lasting relationship at the end. It's curious that D&D chose to spit on love itself by the end of the show.

Sansa will marry but she’ll be running things. Why? Because she’s smart enough to not let House Stark die with her.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Sansa will marry but she’ll be running things. Why? Because she’s smart enough to not let House Stark die with her.
    So, basically Queen Elizabeth II with her royal consort, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, who will never be king. That makes sense, although D&D didn't elaborate on this at all. They could have if they had 10 full episodes for this season, or just consulted more with GRRM. I'm sure GRRM will flesh it out, if he ever gets around to releasing Winds of Winter. He'll most likely die before he ever gets around to finishing the final installment, but he's got dedicated writers who can fill in the gaps and finish it for him when he dies and if he does so before the release.

Or perhaps he's trolling us all and will release a local history of Westerosi feudal houses instead.

I’m also picturing Sansa sitting down with anyone she’s gonna marry, “Look man, they swore to me and that’s that. You run the military. I’ve got this . You try to run me we’ll all just throw you out on your ass.”

I mean, there’s a thing about the North and the legit Starks or even bastard Starks. Especially after pulling through this. Someone tries to override her they’ve got everyone to deal with.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Checks in 5 star hotel.
    Reception: Enjoy your stay, Sir. We also have free Buffet.
    Bran: Why do think I came here?

There's that. Also, Sansa is not a "little bird" anymore and obviously she's not going to be taking from anyone from now on.

On another note, the following video is a masterpiece of Youtube poopery, but since it contains naughty bad no-no words that violate TWC's TOS, I'll just post the link instead of the video, since videos have magically disappeared in this thread before when such videos contained very bad words frowned upon by moderation staff, words like caca, poopoo, and peepee, and butt sex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AYe6Wf_-5k

Check out the Raven on the Kingsguard armor:

Bran is no longer a Stark. Also Arya is sailing off the edge of the world and gawd knows what she's getting into. Jon's know longer part of legitimate society(and he's happy that way) until they make the Far North a part of society. Which, let's face it, they don't have the technology nor inclination to. I mean, they can wave a hand and say, "You're a part of our borders now". But until they get a little more advanced, the Far North will just ignore them.

Point is, Sansa is the only legit Stark left. In the true sense of medieval carrying on of noble houses...she's gonna marry. She's gonna screw. She's gonna have a child. But she's a quintessential Queen Elizabeth as Roma phrased it. Whoever Sansa marries is second place and not only is she going to make sure he knows it but every lord in the North is going to make sure he knows it. Sansa gave the finger to the Kingsmoot and the voted in King just shrugged! Say what you will about Bran being her brother. That's a helluva position for HIM to sacrifice among HIS OWN lords. Not sure why some editorial writers were ranting about it because that's a hilariously good positioning for a female in this kind of world. She done good.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 22, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That's the best joke series on the web right now. Crack is also good.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Check out the Raven on the Kingsguard armor:

Bran is no longer a Stark. Also Arya is sailing off the edge of the world and gawd knows what she's getting into. Jon's know longer part of legitimate society(and he's happy that way) until they make the Far North a part of society. Which, let's face it, they don't have the technology nor inclination to. I mean, they can wave a hand and say, "You're a part of our borders now". But until they get a little more advanced, the Far North will just ignore them.

Point is, Sansa is the only legit Stark left. In the true sense of medieval carrying on of noble houses...she's gonna marry. She's gonna screw. She's gonna have a child. But she's a quintessential Queen Elizabeth as Roma phrased it. Whoever Sansa marries is second place and not only is she going to make sure he knows it but every lord in the North is going to make sure he knows it. Sansa gave the finger to the Kingsmoot and the voted in King just shrugged! Say what you will about Bran being her brother. That's a helluva position for HIM to sacrifice among HIS OWN lords. Not sure why some editorial writers were ranting about it because that's a hilariously good positioning for a female in this kind of world. She done good.

Does.Sansa need to marry? Queen Elizabeth I never did. Of course, Queen Elizabeth I had a heir waiting in the wings, while Sansa as you pointed out is essentially the last of the Stark. There is Jon, who does have Stark ood in him, and he is legitimate as it turns out. Jon does not want to rule, but he still has the opportunity to marry and have a child who might be willing to take over when Sansa is gone. After her experience with Ra.sey, she might be soured on sex, and would prefer to avoid it.

What is Bran now?
    The Armenian Issue

A subversion of expectations.

Senator

@Roma: Sam didn`t win the Game of Bones, he is the Grandmaester now, therefore no mariage.

Can`t Sansa not marry Lil Robin Arryn? That breastfeeding has raised him good

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    A subversion of expectations.
    Subverting expectations was just an word Rian and Kennedy came up with to excuse bad movie that was inconsistent with all the other Star Wars movies. Surprising fans, as Game of Thrones did with Bran, is ok.

Fans did not rally know who would end up being king, even if they had their favorite theory. Unlike what Rian did with TLJ, making Bran king makes.sense with what has gone before in the Game of Thrones, and is consistent with the GoT universe. Bran is noble, with the right person, and at the end of the GoT there wasn't anyone with really a better claim, except Jon, and he did not want the job. That he was a cripple, which might seem a disqualifier, really isn't, since a kinf doesn't necessarily have to lead his troops in battle, his Hand of the King can do it. Joffery was king after all, anx he was worse than Bran would be in battle. Much of what happened at the end of GoT was surprising, but it was. Of a subversion of expectations the way the The last Jedi was.

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    Subverting expectations was just an word Rian and Kennedy came up with to excuse bad movie that was inconsistent with all the other Star Wars movies. Surprising fans, as Game of Thrones did with Bran, is ok.

Fans did not rally know who would end up being king, even if they had their favorite theory. Unlike what Rian did with TLJ, making Bran king makes.sense with what has gone before in the Game of Thrones, and is consistent with the GoT universe. Bran is noble, with the right person, and at the end of the GoT there wasn't anyone with really a better claim, except Jon, and he did not want the job. That he was a cripple, which might seem a disqualifier, really isn't, since a kinf doesn't necessarily have to lead his troops in battle, his Hand of the King can do it. Joffery was king after all, anx he was worse than Bran would be in battle. Much of what happened at the end of GoT was surprising, but it was. Of a subversion of expectations the way the The last Jedi was.

The 7 kingdoms have passed through years of civil war and erosion of central authority. It makes 0 sense to make Bran a king, especially TV-Bran who has all the character and charisma of a broccoli. Why would the Vale not delcare independence? Apart from losing fighting men in the war, they are untouched by all the terrible business. Where exactly does Bran base his power?

The North is independent and severely depopulated probably out of commission for a generation.
    The Westerlands' loyalty is doubtful. Tyrion is Hand but I don't know if any surviving Lannister bannermen would be enthusiastic in their support for the Wheeled Throne.
    The Vale has no reason to be in the kingdom and not follow the North. Sansa and Robert Arryn make perfect sense for a dynastic alliance as well.
    Edmure of the Riverlands wanted to be King but I guess he would support Bran in case of a struggle.
    Iron Islands will probably rebel and start reaving within a decade, Westeros is ripe for raiding at the moment.
    Dorne again has no reason not to declare independence, we know that the Dornish are actually nationalistic.
    That leaves us with the Reach under Bron which makes no sense as the lords there are the most "chivalric" in Westeros and probably hate having him as a lord.

That leaves us the Crownlands that never had lots of forces and the Stormlands that probably are happy to have Robert's son in Storm's End. Yeah, I predict a new round of civil war within 5 years.
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Arya and Gendry get kinky...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also why isn't the Imp mentioned in the book? it makes no sense.

https://i.imgur.com/KpOrSbE.gifv

^It was the final subversion.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Yeah, this one is golden indeed Kyriakos!

Have you seen the one where D&D say something along the lines of "to subvert fans expectations, we killed the show"? Sums up the last season perfectly to me.