Thread: Good Omens (2019)

Default Good Omens (2019)

I'm surprised there isn't a topic for this yet. A miniseries adaptation of an excellent novel, and definitely a must to watch.

Overall, I'd say 4/5. Great acting, especially David Tennant...though entire cast did a great job, subtly overacting that made it overall light-hearted so even history buff could forgive the brief use of 14th century armour in 6th century flashback. A lot of fun details in background and foreground, be it fun with licence plates, Crowley's changing styles in various eras or not-so-subtle jab comparing the
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    heavenly invasion to british colonialism

What I did not like so much is a weird dichotomy. On one hand, there were passages where they stuck to the book too much, overusing the narrator (narratress?), on the other hand, many scenes that weren't in the book were off and sometimes just didn't fit ,e.g.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Gabe's goons bullying Aziraphal

So, your opinions?

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Good Omens (2019)

this serie and catch22 are ok, some very funny moments but not so great inbetween. I never read the books and my guess is that they did not manage to get all the wit and fun on the screen.

Fantastic series, I remember reading the book back in highschool. My friends and I had one copy and we passed it back and forth - the execution of this serties was spot on, I was very impressed. I'm just sad we have nothing left to look forward to in the series (sort of like Chernobyl) but I understand the limitations of such a series. The bar has been raised a lot, I hope the lame-ass Game of Thrones producers learned that their productions can be easily out shadowed if their crap-ass writing can be obscured by good writing no matter how long theyve been dominant in the culture.

Senator

I liked it very much, the adaption of the Book went very well.
    Especially David Tennant as Crowley did an amazing job.... I really like this actor, him as Kilgrave was the best about the Jessica Jones Series.