Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 7 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Is the time length of each episode known?

I hope ep1 is not just meeting up in Winterfell.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 7 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Is the time length of each episode known?

Some Spanish guy who has an acrimonious relationship with HBO leaked a summary of the first episode. Beware, it is floating around online, in bad Google-Translate English of course. Still, the entire outline is now known by those who seek it out in the deep dark corners of the web, where all mortal delights of the flesh can be found.

The average run time for episodes will be about 80 minutes long, so basically a feature length film for each one.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/15/18...episode-length

While fan sites have been speculating about episode lengths for the last couple of weeks, HBO finally confirmed them on Friday.

• episode 1 (April 14): 54 minutes
    • episode 2 (April 21): 58 minutes
    • episode 3 (April 28): 1 hour, 22 minutes
    • episode 4 (May 5): 1 hour, 18 minutes
    • episode 5 (May 12): 1 hour, 20 minutes
    • episode 6 (May 19): 1 hour, 20 minutes
    First two episodes will be normal length. Third episode which is the battle of Winterfell, is the longest.

Its supposed to mirror first episode of first season with royalty arriving at Winterfell. I expect lots of fan service.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 23, 2019 at 08:46 AM.

In the end, Jaime will be the last man standing, robbed of his deathwish to die gloriously, and remembered by history as more Machiavellian than his father, more deceptive than his sister, more treacherous than his brother, as having planned this ending from the very beginning.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Its supposed to mirror first episode of first season with royalty arriving at Winterfell. I expect lots of fan service.
    More ridiculous lines ala "rowing Gendry"
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Some Spanish guy who has an acrimonious relationship with HBO leaked a summary of the first episode. Beware, it is floating around online, in bad Google-Translate English of course. Still, the entire outline is now known by those who seek it out in the deep dark corners of the web, where all mortal delights of the flesh can be found.

The average run time for episodes will be about 80 minutes long, so basically a feature length film for each one.
    Interesting. But can you be sure I mean if I was in charge I would be leaking stuff left and right by paid 'disgruntled' 'former' employees. You jam the radar with the output. Who will know which leak is real. Works for Trump the media follows your twitter stream and fails to do much in depth reporting because the next twitter text is just waiting for the news cycle. I mean if HBO can front John Oliver's legal bills surely than afford to pay for any amount of fake leaks.

------------

In the end, Jaime will be the last man standing, robbed of his deathwish to die gloriously, and remembered by history as more Machiavellian than his father, more deceptive than his sister, more treacherous than his brother, as having planned this ending from the very beginning.
    Nah if he planned from the beginning he would never have lost his hand and still be the best. Show wise (books who knows assuming they get finished) I fear its going to be the obvious annoying Danny and mopey John. But I will hold out for Sansa and Arya (and Bran?). But I would take a Cersi as second option and bad to the bone wins ruking over tattered remians. Bran and the three eyed raven stuff is the wild card what exactly does he want anymore. Obviously nobody can plot crap he won't know but does he care to inform anyone? They made him rather distant in the last season and kind of of a jerk. Sure he showed up to help his sisters but very detached when one assumes he could have provided the intel right up front.
    Last edited by conon394; March 23, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

and Varys and Greyworm.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Interesting. But can you be sure I mean if I was in charge I would be leaking stuff left and right by paid 'disgruntled' 'former' employees. You jam the radar with the output. Who will know which leak is real. Works for Trump the media follows your twitter stream and fails to do much in depth reporting because the next twitter text is just waiting for the news cycle. I mean if HBO can front John Oliver's legal bills surely than afford to pay for any amount of fake leaks.
    I didn't want to say his name, but his name is Frikidoctor and yes, he is legit, because he's the provocateur who leaked entire episodes of the 6th and 7th seasons before they aired. And his video explaining episode 1 of season 8 was immediately pulled down from Youtube by mysterious, shadowy sources who got really pissed off at what he just did. They don't bother doing that over there for any old hack. There are tons of stupid videos of charlatans claiming to be sharing leaks, but none of them are taken down.

and Varys and Greyworm.
    That's the second time I've been unable to rep you. Shame.

Theon grafts on an octopus.

As for Jaime of the Golden Hand, it's magic that gave him the strength of ten men, and like Odin, he willingly had his appendage cut off to acquire invincibility in battle, and become irresistible to all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Theon grafts on an octopus.

As for Jaime of the Golden Hand, it's magic that gave him the strength of ten men, and like Odin, he willingly had his appendage cut off to acquire invincibility in battle, and become irresistible to all women.
    He doesn't even have to do anything, the !!

and Varys and Greyworm.
    I see your comedy....I'll raise you:

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Let's get serious, please:

^Apparently narrated by Oberyn

The Kim in the Nooorth.

Nuclear winter is coming.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Not the night is dark and full of political prisons?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Not the night is dark and full of political prisons?
    No, it should be "Satellite images at night are dark and full of prison camps."

https://www.researchmagazine.lu.se/w...M-1000x600.png

Stocky holmes' syndrome.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

I think I found the missing pilot.