1 0.43%

1 0.43%
  • 1 Worse

3 1.30%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Rate the CoW mod

Default Re: Poll: Rate the CoW mod

I cant vote in the poll,
    but I´d go for 8 or more likely 9, the game is simply amazing and so much fun to play. I wont give a 10 because there are some small bugs and very rare crashes. Very great work.

General Dan's Avatar Tiro

unfortunately, I would have to give it a 7 and it deserves more. The mod itself is great, but it would be much appreciated if it was in one or two larger files and the torrent always crashes on me.

9.5, one of the best mod's i've ever played

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

8.5 (So I'll round up to 9.) There are some problems, the install was annoying, the game's a little buggy, and I don't like the campaign scripts. But the units are amazing.

(I'm also not a Warhammer fan, so I don't really know what the story is, or why the scripts happen
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; June 13, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Great mod, some graphical issues but nothing major It's so good to fight in warhammer again (and not have to paint the damn things ).
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Actually, yeah, the scripts could be explained better, like tell us a chaos warband, lead by a certain champion, has been spotted in such a place and is intending to sack a particular city and is so many months march away. That would pump up the immersion and give noobs to warhammer a better sense f what is going on.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

gave it an 8 on account of ctd problems with siege weapons

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    gave it an 8 on account of ctd problems with siege weapons
    There is a fix for those crashes. Click here. Check the post here.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

TEN

even with its faults

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

8, I would give 10 if the scripted battles and units would be more balanced. It's kinda annoying when playing one of the Empire factions and like every 10 turns you have to fight a battle you just can't win (unless you have Bright Wizards or the battle time runs out). Furthermore, watching 10 Minotaurs or Trolls butchering hundreds or thousands of my soldiers makes me almost weep everytime.

Apart from that, this a great mod. I just love the units and the details of every factions, the mod got rid of most of the CTD's, the sounds are great (although i don't understand ANYTHING what the characters are talking about..) and it has a great replay value.

So, congratulations for this great mod!
    Ring Poem in Italian:
    Tre Anelli ai Re degli Elfi sotto il cielo che risplende,
    Sette ai Principi dei Nani nelle lor rocche di pietra,
    Nove agli Uomini Mortali che la triste morte attende,
    Uno per l'Oscuro Sire chiuso nella reggia tetra,
    Nella Terra di Mordor, dove l'Ombra nera scende.
    Un Anello per domarli, un Anello per trovarli,
    Un Anello per ghermirli e nel buio incatenarli.
    Nella Terra di Mordor, dove l'Ombra cupa scende.

Indefinitely Banned

8/10 It is definately one of my favourite mods for M2TW, but I don't like some of the scripts (enemy stack spam) and there is no Brettonia.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

I voted 6. Not because I think the mod is only just above average, because there is so much room for improvement.

If voting all mods together, of course CoW would score a 10 even with all its flaws. No other mods can keep me playing for long, and I've been playing CoW for over 2.5 years now, plus I learned to model and mod just for this. I took Werebear/Isilendil's sayings to heart 'You want it you add it in yourself'.

I hope the team continue working on CoW for years to come.

I'd vote 9, if I could. Apart from TATW and The Sundering, it's the only mod that keeps me playing MWT II - and I play it a lot.

The balancing is a bit off - especially Ogres and the lot - and the AI behaves rather weird in my games, especially in siege battles.

4 - mod is booooring in the long run, a stack, after stack, after stack, after stack.... of enemies, annoying and kills the fun after turn 100. AI is spamster, absolutaley no chalange just stupid grind. Cool graphics tho. But graphics is secondary, replayability is very low.

Call it fanboyism or whatever, but i've spent more time playing this than retail, and enjoyed it even more. Sure there are things that could be improved and tweeked, but in my mind its better than any warhammer game, and any total war game.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

10 out of 10, but with more polishing and quality work as you have been doing I can see it coming to a 12/10 or 15/10!!!
    What I mean is that is great! But it has room to improvement. Maybe you should try to coordinate with Gigantus in some way to make the releases as cleanest as possible and perhaps with a launcher like the Stainless Steel one in order to offer the mod with options like language (offering translation right of the bat) and other options like having the scripted campaign or not.

Great work either way!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I must say after playing for a while i really like the scripts. They make it difficult but not tedious because many of the armies can be ignored or deflected (which weakens them, as the Dwarves i try and destroy one of the or more of the banners of orcs passing through to the Border Princes or the Empire). /i also like that you lose a chunk of money when a city neighbor falls to the enemy.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

This mod would be much better if it was hosted on a more reputable host like Filefront.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I voted 7!

Reasons why not higher:
    - had some game-breaking bugs in previous versions, though it's much better now
    - increasing difficulty by increasing AI stack spawn is boring
    - game is not fun to play for the evil factions
    - stacks spawning everywhere means you can't block strategical points like river crossings

I havent tried it yet but i can rate the download speed from extabit.com, its really bad

Regards, Fedual

P.S I am a graphics freak, I more or less need TATW units, that kind of detail for it to be entertaining for me to play. Will this mod seal my expectations? or even better will this mod go beyond my expectations?
    Last edited by Fedual; July 02, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast