Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cheats or no cheats?

Default Re: Cheats or no cheats?

Do the cheats work in the steam version of warband and fire and sword? I have the steam demo of warband and they don't work.Maybe that's because it's the demo version?

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

I cheat because i can't stand all the running around in the beginning of the game.
    [but then i feel so guilty about it,I start over]

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by geyserik View Post
    Do the cheats work in the steam version of warband and fire and sword? I have the steam demo of warband and they don't work.Maybe that's because it's the demo version?
    You have to enable cheats in the launcher options in order for them to work, but yes it does work on Steam versions of the games.

I began a new campaign recently, playing as a vassal for the Vaegirs. I am not going to use any cheats for this one however. It is immensely satisfying:
    -when I win a battle with a lot of causalities or my current village gets looted; i just raise another army and go on a revenge crusade.
    Spoiler for motivation

-when i am lacking money to buy things, it is more fun to hunt down raiders and defeat them or join tournaments.
    Last edited by Morbius Sire; April 04, 2014 at 12:00 PM.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I cheat at first because grinding gets too tedious.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I don't really tend to play this game without cheats because then every battle would end before it begins due to death. And I rather not just stand there and watch my troops fight in hopes they will do well.
    Also, it seems the AI can pull huge armies out of nowhere with quality troops while it takes you forever to field anything and you cant field such huge armies as them.

So pretty much I cheat to keep up with the AI and to not be taken hostage every five minutes by some huge band of sea raiders.

Protector Domesticus

Those issues can be fixed for the most part with good planning and gaming the system

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    Those issues can be fixed for the most part with good planning and gaming the system
    If you're going to game the system you might as well cheat in my opinion

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Usually I cheat a little at the begining. As my father is always a noble I cheat in order to have the sort of equipment an impoverished noble should have. I avoid anything too fancy. But I make sure the equipment is not worse that your average warrior's equipment.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    If you're going to game the system you might as well cheat in my opinion
    Gaming the System at least requires some effort put into it Cheating just requires a few seconds of typing.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Putting effort into cheating might go against the principle though, or maybe I'm just that crooked that I'll even cheat at cheating.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I used to cheat a little in the beginning, but now I prefer to go through it the hard way. I do tend to use Freelancer a lot more where available though, as it gives me a chance to play as a grunt instead. The problem with cheating for me is that I have a tendency to end up going overboard, especially with gold
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Protector Domesticus

My general early game goal is to find every companion i can in the correct companion group and getting enough money abusing tournaments to invest into Town Enterprises for a juicy weekly income.
    Usually ill end up exploiting how OP archers can be along with equipping all my companions with Xbows to keep them leveling up without getting knocked out constantly.

Only time i cheated was a game where i played with the Nords and a huge army of High level Warriors, was fun rolling over everyone .

Well...not exactly cheat, but what I did was to abuse import/export a bit. Since you can read all books in one game, export char, start new game, do the same again, all relevant skills and int can be maxed without leveling. So what I did, to save time, was to get enough money to buy all the books enough times, export the char, remove all money except for those starting 200 denars, set all relevant skills on 9 and int on 29 (left room to read all the books again), and started a new game.

Never cheat. Plus I use "no quit without saving" to make it harder lel. I use ctrl+t if I have to wait little bit but I don't think it's cheat at all because it adds nothing to your char or your soldiers etc. just saves you from wasting time. Also, starting is the most fun part of any chars. Why people want to skip that part? When you get a proper armor and soliders you already becoming monster-like warrior. Also if you playing on lower difficulties, in mid game no army can beat you. I tried 70% difficulty and in that low difficulty, you can beat 1 vs 200 easily. (unless you fighting against Khergits )
    A friend advises in his interest, not yours.

Wow, that's a lot of cheaters.

I personally never do because it takes the challenge out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Of Judgement View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of cheaters.

I personally never do because it takes the challenge out of it.
    The problem is to me that time wasting is not equal to a challenge. A lot of M&B is a grind and some of the game mechanics are really badly balanced or implemented. A good example is prison managament and party size which is tied to very arbritrary numbers.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

For money, I modded "rusty" to give a ridiculous amount of money, since nearly every weapon drop was chipped or rusty. For siege xbows I took off the strength and no horseback restrictions so my companions could fight on horseback. For sieges they use one handed and steel shields. I get them all heraldic armor so they can wear my colors (Richard the 3rd). I add no more to the party than all possible companions - and me (disabled companions and leaving).

I have a lot of fun with that. Bandits in the hundreds, other groups I want to fight. Matters not the "cheats", matters it makes me happy riding around like Arturius and his Knights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Mount and Blade Warband and its DLCs in the summer sale. The Viking Conquest is my first campaign on the franchise, and I'm playing with no cheats, and full damage.

Boy, is it rough. I'm almost on 200 days of adventuring and I'm hooked, but everything I reaped was with a lot of sweat, which is something refreshing to say these days in a videogame (lol and in my life). I've had my ass handed to me on numerous occasions; recruits are hard to come by, and they stay recruits for quite some time. I'm burying corpses left and right for the xp. But man, what a thrill. Who would say all these difficulties, and others I'm ommiting here, could produce such a great whole of an experience.

In this mean time, I've been watching a Let's Play for the first Mount and Blade game. The let's play is 4 years old, but wow, how easy of a game! All towns offer recruits with open arms; recruits level up on their first day thanks to the Trainer Skill; in a matter of days a Swadian recruits gets to Knight. And this guy, Veriax, is playing on 3/4 of damage dealt to him, so it's a quite a tranquil game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234