Thread: backpacks

Default backpacks

Hey everyone,

First off, I wanted to say that this mod ROCKS!!

I see that this mod removes backpacks from infantry, and I understand the reason behind it. I do however enjoy them in vanilla, so I was wondering. Has anyone added them back into the game, or a sub mob to add them back in, or does anyone know how to add them back in and mind sharing with me how I go about doing this and if its hard or not?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a sub-mob, as I didn't see one. Never know tho without asking.
    While it's not a game breaker, for me at least, they add a little extra fluff to the game and I owuld really love to turn them back on.

Thanks for your time, and keep on rocking this mod. Its great!

Default Re: backpacks

Okay, call me retarded I couldn't find the edit button for my first post, so I'm just adding this reply, as I think I am on the right track. I went and downloaded the DBEditor
    I found some info about which files need to be edited for the backpacks.
    warscape_equipment_themes. From what I've read, I believe I only need to delete any vanilla unit with a x prefix.

Now my only question is, which DMUC.pack file is the one that has them in it? I'm going to take a look inside DMUC_UnitsPack.pack because it has Units in the name. But maybe its inside darthmod.pack, or DMUC_AUM.pack ? The post I found talked about a AUM pack, so maybe it would be in that one.

Hope someone out there might know where I need to look.

Thanks

i copy this from this post.... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post7131351

"I assume you have the DB Editor?, so if you compare the original table with the AUM table and Swiss's instructions the AUM table modifies the original - to change this you must edit the AUM table, so do the following

Open up the main AUM pack file
    Find the table
    aum_warscape_equipment_themes (should be in warscape_equipment_themes_tables)
    any unit with a aum prefix leave as is (example aum_euro_shotgun_sabre)
    any vanilla unit with a x prefix delete (example x_euro_naval_gunner)

You should only have 9 units left after deletions - this should force the units to then use the default vanilla settings - hope it works"

i try to take backpacks on but i cant if u can please tell me how...

Hey there jodirola.

That's the post I found too! So far it hasn't worked for me yet. I've tried opening these packs.
    darthmod.pack
    DMUC_Core.pack
    DMUC_AUM.pack

After opening them up, I scroll down to the warscape_equipment_themes. Then from what I can understand from the above posted. I just delete the ones that have an X prefix in them, then save it. So far no backpacks are back yet, so I must not be doing something right.
    Even in the DMUC Core pack, I went through each warscape and any ones with an X in them I deleted.

I'm pretty sure it's a matter of finding the right pack and deleting the right stuff. No luck yet though.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

DMUC_Core.pack
    Everything that needs to be edited is in there. Don't touch the other pack files for this.

Thanks Tango. I thought maybe that was the right one, but wasn't 100% sure.
    I've tried deleting the ones with an X prefix, like the post I found said. However it didn't seem to work. Unless I was in the wrong area deleting the wrong ones.

Here's what I did, so maybe someone who's better with the DBEditor and this can tell me if I'm doing it right.
    First I open DMUC_Core.pack. then I scroll down until I come across warscape_equipment_themes_table. Under this I pick warscape_equipment_themes.
    Scroll down until I see the ones with an X prefix. Deleted them, then saved file.
    After starting the game back up, no changes were done. So that's where I'm stuck at for now.

I'm going to go and play around in these files some more and see if I can get it to work. I'm pretty sure it's something simple I'm missing. It always is. LOL
    So if anyone comes across this post knows what I'm doing wrong, please feel free to let me know. I sure could use the help. Thanks

Hi everyone! Just wanted to follow up on this thread - which .pack file should I be editing if I'm doing the same thing, but with the latest version of Darthmod?