Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.7 [3.2 compatible]

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4 - updated to DCI v1.2 [3.2 compatible]

Did you try "run as admin" as mentioned in step 3? If not then please try that first because if it doesn't work then I might need to change my instructions.

If all else fails then yes, you can copy them manually. The BAT is just there to make life easier. Plus it deletes keys.dat but it looks like that part succeeded.

map.rwm. I have come across that myself before, on an XP machine. I don't know why. But it seemed to work okay without it. To check that all is okay: start a Dwarf campaign and have a look at the culture levels of your settlements. If they are mostly Dunedain instead of Khazad then there's a problem.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4 - updated to DCI v1.2 [3.2 compatible]

First pic is when running normally, second is when running as admin.

I checked Erebor and there was khazad culture. Also I didn't get the welcoming message.

Someone else had the welcome message problem (perje, previous page). If you look at the log I'll bet it mentions something about "could not find sound". Did you run the sound extractor?

Strange that running as admin failed even earlier than running without. Sorry mate, no idea. Just copy the "indicators" folder manually to {M2TW install folder}\data\ui. You'll probably need to create the "ui" folder.

First pic is when I ran the sound extractor normally, it says access denied in one place and second pic is when I ran it as admin.
    Hmm, I don't even have a log folder
    Last edited by Araval; November 17, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Same problem but I think I might have a solution. Can you try this out for me Araval?

Put the attached BAT file into {M2TW}\data\mods\Third_Age_3\submods\PalantiriRevision and run it as admin...

EDIT: oops, didn't attach. Doesn't like BAT types. You'll need to unzip it first.
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 19, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

This bat worked
    What should I do next?

Excellent! Okay... put this one into {M2TW}\data\mods\Third_Age_3\SoundExtractor, unzip it and run unpack_all_sounds.bat as admin...

That should do it. No idea why you don't have a log file but that's another issue. See if this will get your campaign going.

It worked and campaign script works now
    Thank you for help!

Brilliant. You're welcome. Enjoy.

Now I understand this post...

Quote Originally Posted by perhje View Post
    Can't do step 3, coming the file should be stationed a place, but it is the same as it is stationed, any help?
    I will update both BAT files with this Vista/Win7 fix. I wonder how many people have tried and failed to install this, SAUS, etc.

Thanks!
    Have Win 7 so shall try it again now

I downloaded the new versions after the descripsions given at the submod collection side and the problems i had in the installisation prosess are gone, but still i have the same problems as before in the game which are problems with dunedain/khazad, no message in the start of a campaign, etc.
    Any idea of what it can be?

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4.1 - updated to DCI v1.2 plus Vista/Win7 fix [3.2 compatible]

is it possible i should go true the same steps as Araval or shouldn't that be a problem

Default Re: Withwnar's Submod Collection v1.4.1 - updated to DCI v1.2 plus Vista/Win7 fix [3.2 compatible]

no message in the start of a campaign
    Probably because SoundExtractor hasn't run.

problems with dunedain/khazad
    Probably because you haven't deleted map.rwm.

Try doing all of the installation steps again.

EDIT: and be sure to re-download SoundExtractor first: only the new version works with Win7.
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

how can you get soundextractor run and I deleted the map.rwm but shall give it a new try

Download the new version of SoundExtractor, install it and run extract_all_sounds.bat. i.e. Step 1 but with the new version.

I downloaded the newest versions of both soundextractor and WSC(1.4.1) and have followed all the steps, but it is the same problems as before, only difference is that now the black windows which shows the progress are showing the progress and no message about wrongs in the opening of the .bat.

is it any differences in any folders between before and after the running of the .bat-file which I can look after

It sounds like both BAT files are running correctly.

Post your log: {M2TW}\logs\m2tw.system.log (something like that). In a spoiler please: [spoiler]log contents[/spoiler].

i don't have the log folder but the keys.dat have never been in my preferences-folder, it is only something which begins with a, can't remember and am reinstalling the game now.

"advice" is the only file in the folder preferences before and after running the bat-files