Khujo Goodie - Mercury

Mercury is an 8 track cd released on 27th April of 2006 only on Iapstore. For those who can't tell already: it's rap. I am not sure who is who is the other guy rapping on '25 Ambulances' , but I think it's Bonecrusher.

Tracklist:

1. Trap To This 6/10
2. Like This (ft. Big Gipp of the Goodie Mob) 9/10
3. We So Dirty 8/10
4. I Am 6/10
5. 25 Ambulances (ft. Bonecrusher?) 3/10
6. What The Bizzness 6/10
7. I Don't Brown Nose 8/10
8. We Ain't Asking For Noting 8/10

Album Review:

To start this off: I don't think this album is very good, but that still doens't mean it's terrible. There is one track on this album I just can't stand, and there are 4 very good tracks. The oter 3 are alright, nothing to run and tell your friends about, but they certainly don't equal cowpie.

The reason this album is not really special is that it hasn't got the great lyrics the Goodie Mob albums had (especially Soul Food and Still Standing). This album is more club-ish, but I don't think any club will play this, since Khujo hasn't got a record label, and releases this by himself. This album has two serious problems, it's very short, and 25 Ambulances is the worst track I've ever heard of a Dungeon Family member.

It's a good thing there are 4 really good songs on it, so this album is 'saved'. The songs don't have outstanding lyrics, but the flow is good, and they have a good beat. They are (unfortunately) are not as great as many songs of the Goodie Mob when they were still together. It's a good thing the problems between Cee-Lo and the rest of the group are solved, so I can hope to review their reunion album soon.

Conclusion:

This album is alright, nothing to run and tell your friends about (well..maybe only run and tell your friends about Like This). It's a good thing this album is pretty cheap (if you don't have to ship it to the Netherlands like I had to ). The songs are alright, with 4 really good ones, and one that makes your ears hurt because it's so stupid. The album is just ok, there are much better albums around, but this is not utter crap. Just too bad there aren't more songs on it, because it's only 33.00 minutes listening now.

Overall this album gets a 6 (out of 10).